Central Arizona College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Central Arizona College

Jordan

It's a good school to get your general ed courses done. The campus is nice with good food and student life center. The athletics aren't really attended as much or announced. The campus only operating from Monday-Thursday with Friday-Sunday the campus being close with the exception of the cafeteria & couple other places. Pros nice weather, walkable campus, food. Cons lack of student engagement, lack of activities to do on weekends.

Logan

I think that Central Arizona College is pretty good overall. They have connecting class paths to two of the biggest universities in Arizona, and the tuition is quite reasonable. The staff has been absolutely helpful since I've started. As a non-traditional student, I sometimes would like there to be more days of the week that my local campus services were available. I would also like the hours to skew a little later, as I work far from the campus and arriving on time for anything that's not a night class is a stretch. There are multiple campuses, but some of them are a bit of a drive.

Magdalena

I really like the classes offered here. The choices may not be much, but it's affordable and most of the teachers really know what they're doing. The only thing I have to complain about is that the ceramics students got their studio hours taken away and that's just not okay. It's like taking away the library!

It's a great school if you know what you need and want. If you are unsure of your needs and wants, help is very hard to find. Administration doesn't really seem to know what they are doing. They don't know the rules of their own institution regarding scholarships and and course outlines. A lot of teachers are very lenient about due dates and late work, in my experience. Overall good experience but a few bad things that are major in my opinion.

Laura

I have really enjoyed my time here at Central Arizona College. It is quite versatile and very easy to make dreams happen. You can be a part-time or full-time student and there are multiple campuses, so if you cannot attend class at one campus you can always take it at another. I think it is a good place to get prerequisite courses out of the way and also take other courses as well.

Peter

I feel the staff and professors are very active in directly helping students. However, many facilities are lackluster and information can be hard to get on specific topics. Central Arizona College is also more interested on making engineers and farmers exclusively. This isn't against those in the professions, but it means the college greatly negates other programs. The arts are almost non-existent as music, theatre, and dance, were all but picked apart just after hiring very notable professors to take the helm of these courses. If you don't want to work in a field or factory all day, Central Arizona College should be your last choice.

Tinyarah

I really like CAC, it was super easy for me to get acclimated and the staff and students are respectful and fun! I've had a couple problems with some teachers not responding to my emails. But most of my teachers respond on time and over all, CAC is amazing and I have a lot of fun there.

Jacqueline

It's a good starting out college. There's multiple campuses to go to, and one was just ten minutes from my house! It's small enough to get to know the people and be comfortable after a short while. I enjoyed most of my professors. They provided a good learning environment for me to learn and thrive in.

Caleb

I really like the environment. The people are friendly, and there is a great staff here. The student lounge is the place to be for clubs and general hang outs. The professors truly care about you, and it is a close knit campus. I will reflect on my time here as a great period in my life, and would recommend this school to anyone.

Sandy

I love this community college. They have made me feel so confident enrolling after not being in school 24 years. This Central Arizona College made me feel like I could do anything. They guide me when I'm unsure of what and when to do next. The ladies in the office go above and beyond to get registration, financial aid, and paperwork process in a timely, correct Manner.

Alexis

I believe CAC is a progressive school, including many classes. Classes range from Equine classes to Welding classed. I am loving CAC and I look forward to future semesters. I am an active member of the Performing arts community in my town and CAC recently abolished funding for performing arts programs. Even though this has saddened me, CAC has allowed local foundations, such as the BlackBox Foundation in Casa Grande, to perform in their space. I find this very comforting, rather than adding salt to the wound.

Ily

I have only been coming to Central Arizona College for a semester and a half, but I have learned that the registration of classes is pretty easy and the administration is very helpful with getting you the information you need. For my first semester, I took an ITV class where my professor taught at another campus and I did my work online, but now I am studying completely online and that has helped a lot with balancing my schedule. Whether it was at the ITV or at home, my professors never hesitate to answer any questions I have, making the college experience easier than I expected.

Michaela

This is a community college, not a palace. The tuition is 87(ish) dollars a credit and if you live in between Chandler and Casa Grande there may be a campus a reasonable distance from your house so its convenient, Whatever you do, do not expect a university. I would totally recommend this place if you want a associates degree without a huge price tag but we do not have the resources or size that a university can offer. However, don't be surprised if you find yourself getting a little bit attached to this place.

samantha

they are a very good school. you met a ton of people and gt to learn what other people are doing in the world. the teachers are fantastic and want to see you do well i get to where you want to be in the furture. there is always people to help you so you are not alone in this proccess they are there to help you with anything

julia

It is a good place to start your education and learn about the world around you as well as gain opportunities for future scholarships and transferring to higher universities. The primary campus has housing but the other campuses do not, there is food available at all campuses.

Overall, I believe that CAC is a great school to attend if they have what you need. The faculty is supportive and will try their hardest to help you, there is free on-campus tutoring and students tend to be helpful and form study groups if need be. The staff tries their hardest to make sure that you are receiving the financial aid you need, and I would recommend this school to any Arizona resident.

Matea

Central Arizona College is great community college with wide range of programs to help students move towards their goals, The school is full of wonderful and passionate professors. It has a wonderful learning center with a variety of tutors for every subject. The staff is friendly and ready to help you in any way they can. I have had such a great experience at C.A.C.

Sandy

I'm a student at Central Arizona College in Apache Junction, and the people there are usually nice. The free tutoring is really nice! I got my GED there and I am now getting my prerequisites done there. Hopefully one day I we can a bigger campus so we can have rooms t stay in on campus. Over all the school is a great school!

Preston

It's a under rated college full of great facilities, instructors, students, and endless opportunities not available anywhere else. If funds are low, but dreams are high, there's one college that can help provide a variety of pursuits and possibilities for students of all fields and intrest, the only down side is its location far from any shopping or recreational stores.

Kaylin

Central Arizona is a place to be!

Marhiya

Central Arizona College has helped me both in class and out of it. I have learned so much while taking classes here and it has helped me become a better student. I have also been able to narrow down what I want to do with my degree because of the teachers and advisers who have helped me.

Julianna

I enjoy being a student here, however when it comes to student services it could use some work. For example, a lot of students don’t know about certain services and should be aware of them. There should be more workshops teaching students how to access things that could make college life easier for them.

Julia

I am primarily an online student of CAC, I like all of the online options that this college offers. I like that many professors are available to help and have both offline and online office hours so students can get access to help when they need it. The testing center has long hours to accommodate the schedules of online students as well.

Angela

I love central Arizona college they are very welcoming to new students and offer many oppritunities.The freshman now have a gear up program which guides them and helps them with there studies.There are many programs to help students apply for college scholorships and honors programs.

Anthony

Central Arizona College is a good community college to attend. The professors are amazing and are always willing to cooperate and help, whether its with academics, internships, scholarships, or projects. There are not many clubs, fraternities, or sororities on the campus however, which is a big downside in my own opinion. However, that doesn't hold anyone back from creating little groups that we all get together and socialize in. I for one have a group that's full of other engineers. We talk about the classes we have, help each other understand all the new concepts we are introduced to, and have great times when we are all together. CAC provides a lot of opportunities to socialize as well since they do hold events where people can get together and meet new people. Overall, Central Arizona College is a good community college that I believes just needs further development to establish that overall "college" experience.

Victoria

Very good community college. People care about each other and there is always someone available to answer questions. Professors are either really good or really bad, there isn’t much in-between. For the most part the staff is really good, but some of the advisors are really difficult to deal with.

Anissa

This school is a in small town in the middle of no where with only one store close by. Don't let this rural location fool you because this college offers big opportunities with always someone willing to help! There are many sources to utilize when you need help with academics, books, financial aid or anything else that you need.