Sanford, NC
Central Carolina Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Carolina Community College

Austin

I really have loved my time here, the professors are super helpful when I have a problem that needs solving or a question. I don't think I've ever had a problem with anything at this school and all of the curriculum is formatted to where it is simple to follow yet still challenging and informative. I also enjoyed the small class sizes and loved how easy it was to get from class to class.

Kassandra

Central Carolina Community College is a wonderful school for adult learners, recent high school graduates, and current high school graduates seeking an associates degree before graduation . It is a supportive school that has quality classes for students who want to enrich their education while protecting the environment as we have a balance between a community garden/ farm, a water reclaim pond and high quality classes .

Madison

While the campus is a small one, the college provides a wide variety of academic assistance from tutoring and STEM lab to teacher involvement. Numerous areas of study are available, with multiple computer labs and a designated student center. Opportunities in helping with life situations can be found throughout campus, especially with TRIO, financial aid, and scholarships. Acquaintances are quickly and easily made with fellow students, instructors, and staff in the everyday at CCCC.

I really like CCCC. The campus and the classes are really small, and the academics are presented really well. It is easy to get into contact with the teachers, they keep regular office hours. I much prefer smaller campuses because it is easier to get around and most importantly, the community is amazing and closer than in a university.

Jordan

What makes Central Carolina Community College worthwhile is the staff. The instructors as well as the other administration go out of their way to make sure you succeed. My advisors have always been very attentive and helpful, their guidance has been overwhelmingly supportive.

Caitlyn
great community college

great community college

CCCC is a great college to start your college experience at. With three campuses around the central North Carolina area, they facilitate the education of many different academic pursuits. The most popular include nursing, various engineering, agriculture studies, and university transfer degrees. The staff are all incredible and willing to answer any questions you have. It can be confusing to start, but once you get the ball rolling here, you'll soon figure out to run the system better than the state! The university transfer system is great and has a direct transfer line partnership with the UNC system. For myself, I am considering transferring to UNCW and through this partnership, I was able to find a sheet that told me exactly what classes I could take at CCCC that would transfer over to my desired degree! tl;dr- 10/10, would attend again, and will continue to attend, and best transfer system for NC residents or those aiming for direct admission to a UNC school.

Adjoa

I would tell myself to go to a community college first instead of a 4 year college. The cost is lower and it would have been better to start off in a smaller enviroment without many distractions.

A goal oriented person who wants a small, but close knit campus.

I love the close knit feeling of the campus and the professors seem to really care about their students and our best interests.

Halie

Study hard and get great grades and don't worry about having a busy social life.

Cristen

My school is awesome! There are many different classes to choose from, and the instructors are very kind, and are willing to work with you when needed. Also, free tutoring services are available to those who need it, and there is a cafeteria on campus. Everyone is diverse, coming from many backgrounds, and is a very friendly campus. No one seems to look down on one due to what one may/may not have, and that is what I love most about Central Carolina Community College!

I would tell myself to get myself in gear and to cease the habit of procrastination. That has always been my issue throughout my high school days. I would wait until the night before to get a big project/homework assignment done, then the next day, either I walked into class all tired out or was unable to complete the assignment, and turned in some half-hearted mess which was unacceptable. Procrastination did not help my big transition from high school to college, either. Heck, I thought it was going to be the same; but was I ever wrong! For example: my freshman year of college, I played video games when I should have been studying, and waited until the night before to complete work. In an English class i enrolled in, we had to complete 5 journal entries throughout the semester, consisting of 300 words each; and all were due the last day of class. So, I waited until the night before to do it all. I stayed up until 6 in the morning, writing, and missed the deadline by a minute. The advice i'd give myself would be to work now, and play later.

Honestly? I don't think I could fit it all in 100! The main thing I do wish, however, was the fact that college and High School are two totally different platforms, and college is nothing to play with! The work is harder, there are higher expectations, and it is your responsibility to get your work completed on time. No one will send you to "In-school suspension" for not completing your homework; if you choose not to, you simply fail. I wish I had taken this fact more seriously my first semester; certainly, things would be different now!

Laura

If I could give my high school senior self advice, I would recommend taking a year off before going to college. I jumped into it because I felt pressured to do so, and I ended up spending A LOT of money that didn't need to be spent. Although I do not regret going to school right away, because I had some amazing experiences before I transferred schools, sometimes I wish that I had waited. I would tell my senior self that working and saving up money for school for a year was a good idea, that I should take the time to explore more options and get to know myself better before making the decision.

I wish I had known the extent of the age variation of the students attending. Occasionally it strikes me that I am in a class with people who are up to 40 years my senior.

Because this is a community college, it can also be equated to a technical school. If one wishes to pursue a rigorous, highly academic degree, this is not the school for them. If one does not have an interest in applied sciences or hands-on techniques of learning, this is not the school for them. If one is seeking the "college experience," due to the lack of eateries and residence halls, this is not the school for them.

Central Carolina Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.