Central Carolina Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Central Carolina Community College

Wolf

When I first started at CCCC It was a warm and welcoming environment. The staff are mostly nice and they offer a few programs that can help you with your classes, as well as help you reach your goals. At first I did experience some difficulties because someone from the school somehow forgot to sign my sign up forum and that messed up my academic plan and have also had issues with blackboard. However, the school itself may care about their students, but based off of their choice of teachers I beg to differ. I have gotten a couple of fantastic teachers who were friendly and helpful, but most of them do not seem to care about their students or their wellbeing. Most of the teachers I have had have been careless and cold. I will not specify which of these fits what teacher, but I will say that the teachers that I have had, including this semester have been: Rude, disrespectful, careless and unprofessional. They expect way too much of you in such little time, if you have any issues (internet issues, power outage, etc.) instead of helping or giving students another chance they immediately blame the student for "waiting until the last minute" despite the fact that it literally takes me that long to finish their ridiculously difficult assignments. Some of them make you feel so worthless for the smallest things. For example, you could work day and night to make an essay that is several pages. You work hard to do everything right, but the teacher decides to point out that single spot where you either forgot to put something or your document got messed up (Word will do that to you) and deducts points so your grade on that assignment is painfully low. It was also pointed out to me by someone that works at CCCC that a teacher is supposed to tell their students everything that they need to do to make sure they get a good grade. Instead I've got teachers criticizing me over something that I didn't do that they never even told me to do. If you don't tell me to do it, I assume it's not necessary because, like they said, teachers are supposed to give you instructions, not assume you're a genius and that you should already know what to do. They're teaching kids for crying out loud, some of which have never even been enrolled in school. Like me, I was homeschooled and they immediately expected me to understand how the system works. Nothing I learned in highschool is at all similar to what you learn in college and yet the teachers always expect you to know everything. Am I not here to learn? Some of them are so strict, if you don't do what they ask the second that they tell you to, they count that as a "missed" assignment and give you a penalty for it. You don't get any breaks to relax from all the stress and if you do take time to relax you will find yourself rushing to get assignments done. The amount of stress this school has caused me is the most stress I have ever felt. You can normalize this and say that this is just how college is, but it does not have to be this stressful. Good teachers exist and they are mostly non existent at this school. I have signed up for many things in my life, but I have never experienced so much negativity in one location. I am sorry, but it is true. If you can, avoid this college at all costs. Most of the teachers expect way too much and do not care about your wellbeing like they claim.

Caitlyn

CCCC is a great college to start your college experience at. With three campuses around the central North Carolina area, they facilitate the education of many different academic pursuits. The most popular include nursing, various engineering, agriculture studies, and university transfer degrees. The staff are all incredible and willing to answer any questions you have. It can be confusing to start, but once you get the ball rolling here, you'll soon figure out to run the system better than the state! The university transfer system is great and has a direct transfer line partnership with the UNC system. For myself, I am considering transferring to UNCW and through this partnership, I was able to find a sheet that told me exactly what classes I could take at CCCC that would transfer over to my desired degree! tl;dr- 10/10, would attend again, and will continue to attend, and best transfer system for NC residents or those aiming for direct admission to a UNC school.

Kassandra

Central Carolina Community College is a wonderful school for adult learners, recent high school graduates, and current high school graduates seeking an associates degree before graduation . It is a supportive school that has quality classes for students who want to enrich their education while protecting the environment as we have a balance between a community garden/ farm, a water reclaim pond and high quality classes .

Madison

While the campus is a small one, the college provides a wide variety of academic assistance from tutoring and STEM lab to teacher involvement. Numerous areas of study are available, with multiple computer labs and a designated student center. Opportunities in helping with life situations can be found throughout campus, especially with TRIO, financial aid, and scholarships. Acquaintances are quickly and easily made with fellow students, instructors, and staff in the everyday at CCCC.

I really like CCCC. The campus and the classes are really small, and the academics are presented really well. It is easy to get into contact with the teachers, they keep regular office hours. I much prefer smaller campuses because it is easier to get around and most importantly, the community is amazing and closer than in a university.

Jordan

What makes Central Carolina Community College worthwhile is the staff. The instructors as well as the other administration go out of their way to make sure you succeed. My advisors have always been very attentive and helpful, their guidance has been overwhelmingly supportive.

Crystal

I love it an I’m here for everything they have to offer I’m here for their positive energy an the will they have to make sure we all learn pass and succeed it’s a great school I would recommend anyone to this campus it’s a great experience and a wonderful achievement

Breanna

I enjoy the Lee county campus. The professors are amazing, the staff is very helpful, it is always amazingly clean, and education is great!

Austin

I really have loved my time here, the professors are super helpful when I have a problem that needs solving or a question. I don't think I've ever had a problem with anything at this school and all of the curriculum is formatted to where it is simple to follow yet still challenging and informative. I also enjoyed the small class sizes and loved how easy it was to get from class to class.

Tyler

I have gotten great schooling and suport from CCCC.I do wish in our shop classes there was more equipment so the classes were not filed so quickly.I think alot of my teachers and the staff.There are campuses in several locations I started in lillington and completed there and had to register in sanford to continue my education.

Mary

I really enjoy the Centra Carolina Community College as a whole. I have tried other colleges and the atmosphere at Central Carolina is different. Instructors and other staff really try hard to help you succeed. There is a wide array of programs designed to make your current classes successful as well as programs that will benefit you after you leave.

Amber

It's a good-sized college full of both local and somewhat nonlocal students. There aren't many clubs and those that do exist don't advertise much or at all. The classes are nice but do not offer any artistic classes aside from a drawing class. Lee Early College students are a little snobby but there are some exceptions. The overall look of the campus has changed a bit since I first started there. They used to have really nice brick walkways which were replaced with blinding white concrete. The "student center" has been updated and features more sitting room. The library is a good size but many books have been moved since the renovations of the "student center" started.