Sumter, SC
Central Carolina Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Carolina Technical College

Zaralyn

I generally think CCTC is a decent college. The staff and instructors are friendly and helpful. They also have plenty of resources for a student to go to when they need help. Overall, I would recommend this school if you would like to begin somewhere.

Dylan

Is good, that's it, the thing thing says I have to 250 characters so pardon me ...

Is good, that's it, the thing thing says I have to 250 characters so pardon me

Love this school.

Love this school.

Gleneisha

I like Central Carolina Technical College and there is plenty to do. The biggest thing about this school is that the do not have the program I want so I'm in an Associate's of Science Degree Program. The Freshman Focus and Student Learning Center are two places that try to help students to succeed. There is also a Trio program who aims to help student who need help. The teachers have office hours and are always willing to work with you as long as you are trying.

Rebeca

Small local technical college, no on campus housing, although there is plenty around. If you really want to go here you'll probably live close enough anyways, though. Classes are easy, teachers are usually available, and the classes are small. If you want to get a technical/associates degree cheaper than going to a 4 year, this place is functional although many of the campus facilities are outdated. The administration is honestly a pain in the behind, avoid having any problems with your payments and class schedule at all costs. The administrators are incompetent and you will spend the whole day walking around campus trying to find out who can fix a problem that could have been fixed in 5 minutes.

It's a nice, small school, with 15-25 people per class. The teachers are usually nice, and you'll always be on a first-name basis, especially since you'll see the same 2-3 teachers for 90% of your classes. Many people work and have families while they attend, so you have a range of ages, from fresh-out-of-high-school up to people in their eighties, even. There is no on-campus or off-campus housing, but you could privately rent an apartment, but most people just live at home and drive to the campus. There isn't a real cafeteria, but the "student center" sometimes has a local business (like a pizza or sub place) that comes and sells slices or subs directly to students and staff. The computer labs are nice, but pretty standard, as far as equipment goes; large monitors are nice, but nothing too neat or unique. The library seems pretty standard, although you don't really see many students using the books. I wouldn't go here for a "real" college experience, but it would certainly suffice for someone seeking a small investment to advance their career, or as an option for people who know they have to do something about higher education but haven't decided what. This school can also be used to transfer to another school to make getting their Bachelor's degree less costly, or even faster.

Meilan

My overall opinion of Central Carolina Technical College is positive. I came from a university and decided to give this college a try because I felt more comfortable in a smaller student community. The professors provide one on one assistance in the classroom and you are not known by a social security number. Not only that, the staff is more helpful and supportive of the students progress.

Isabella

My classmates focus on their work while being relaxed and laid back. We don't stress ourselves out by doing work on time, studying as we go rather than right before a test, and paying attention during the lectures. They're easy to work with and are not distracting during class.

I would tell myself to take spanish class more seriously, go to senior prom, and be more involved with clubs and extracirricular activities. Do not let Dad knock you down because he does not approve of your dreams because "you won't make alot of money". You do not need to be rich, you need to be happy and successful. If you make enough to have a house, food, and pay your bills, then girl, you are good to go!

A person who wants to earn their degree in 2 years and then go straight to work. That's what the programs at this technical college are designed for, to quickly finish school and go to work.

Crystal

I would have given myself the advice of understanding how to make choices and how to make those choices. I would like to let myself know the meaning of pushing forward as I know it now and not giving up on what you want not only for yourself but also for the future. I would want to know the range of responsibilities that were in store for me in the upcoming years and how to cope with them. I would rest assure myself that in due time things do tend to get better and to just keep applying yourself as best you can. I would encourage myself to push past foolish pride and learn how to open up to people. I would put my efforts more towards my education versus that foolish pride. I would set my mind on overdrive and learn how to experience life including all of the disappointments, discouragements, surprises, confusion and happiness that I would later feel.

If I were to know any one thing before coming to this particular school and just college in general, it would have to be the fact of taking advantage of the tools around you and using them to advantage. I wish I would have known the principle of doing the best that you can possibly do in high school and work on understanding yourself before anything else.

The type of person that should attend this school can be any kind of person. The person can be any type of person in general with the traits that are needed to prosper, focus and motivation. This school provides accommodation to a wide variety of students, all with diverse goals and ways to achieve their set goals. I would recommend this school to any driven minded, dedicated and determined individual. This school also can accommodate for someone working or raising a family.

Sandra

The friendliness of the staff. When you walk thru the doors, you're not hit with the feeling of a huge university. They have an open door policy. Any time you need to talk to your professor, you can catch the in the hallway, ask to speak to the confidentually, or just ask them how they're doing. This is the school I want to attend, and it is willing to help me meet my goal. My last semester grades don't reflect that, but this semester will be a great one. I can feel it in my bones.

If I could go back in time, I'd like to go further than my Senior Year. I'd go back as far as the third grade. I would apply myself more and push more. I'd take algebra and chemistry in high school. I wouldn't run from biology. I would make more time for studying and pay attention to the instructors. It's extrmely hard for one of the age of 48 to actually sit and study. I worked on production line for 13 years, and the fast paced job in the ER at a local hospital, so, by now, I feel as if I'm cheating the system if I sit for any reason, whether at work, school or home. If I could go back in time only to my senior year, I'd have to say to myself, "Stay awake in psychology, work harder in English, and take the harder courses. It's hard now, trying to remember al this stuff. I can remember Health. That was my favorite subject. Get study buddies. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it."

One that isn't willing to apply themselves to a higher standard to meet their goal.

Central Carolina Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.