Moberly, MO
Central Christian College of the Bible

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Christian College of the Bible

Allie

It is a good school with a great community! The professors are incredible, they are a wealth of knowledge and are eager to share said wealth. Everyone employed by CCCB are Christ-followers working together to better the Kingdom - creating servant leaders for the church.

Jacob
Read this review for detailed information that may effect the rest of your life should you attempt to attend

Let me make this very clear, BEFORE you attend this college, you should take the time to thoroughly read this review for detailed information that may effect the rest of your life should you attempt to attend. Back in August 2014, I had posted an initial review regarding the issues found at Central Christian College of the Bible. For me personally, when I originally enrolled, there were many things I was promised including a hassle-free enrollment. The name of the gentleman that helped me has slipped my mind but he was over the online program before Aaron Merritt had taken over. He skipped over the money-racketing stuff that they try to use on new students including "online orientation" and "application fees" of which neither are really required (if you can navigate their system in the "online orientation" then you can navigate the system for other classes...but to put it VERY BLUNTLY-it is a way for them to make some easy cash). Once I was enrolled and actively pursuing my Associates Degree, I found out that the college did not notify the Student Loan people that I was active. Because of this, my credit report was hit very hard. I went thru a very tedious drawn out process to get it taken care of and CCCB offered NO help whatsoever. On this "journey" with this Reformed Christian College, I found that some of the professors have significant amounts of disdain for Full Gospel/Pentecostal folks. While I would keep 90-100 percents in certain classes, another class I would be taking at the same time would be sitting in the upper 70s thru the mid 80s. The work across the board was generally excellent quality, but when I would find myself with an "instructor" that was hard nosed about Pentecostals, I watched several assignments take very hard hits. For example, the gentleman who is now their "Academic Dean" 'taught' the ACTS class. Throughout this course I was made aware that Pentecostals are emotionally unstable, unlearned, and many have mental problems (yes, I have the required texts still with very harsh language contained therein). It was at this point I made my beliefs known and I objected to the improper labeling that was harsh, judgmental, and religious bigotry. From that point forward, the grades took significant hits. As a matter of a fact, I had to do what was called a "TONGUES PROJECT" which was an EXCELLENT paper. The grade on this very significant assignment was a B with no explanation given! I asked Eric Stevens for feedback or at least a numeric rubric for the grade and never received a response. This is important to make mention of because Eric Stevens plays a significant role here in just a moment. Once I finished up my classes at CCCB, I was hit with fees, charges, etc that I had to pay out of pocket that I didn't know about so I could graduate. Once I graduated, my diploma was supposedly in the mail, yet it was several months later before it was received (I do have email correspondance relative to this claim as well). I was also assured I would continue to have access to my past courses, all of the materials, etc (I have the email from Dr. Lloyd and I think others as well related to this matter)... Yet this was UNTRUE. So the access, the material, the work, etc that I PAID FOR is all gone. The original post I made on here was met with a sloppy, hypocritical message that told me they would attempt to make things right and try to collect my work and send it to me. STILL WAITING and it has been a YEAR and a half! MEANWHILE, what they did was, they "blocked me" from the CCCB page, in hopes that I would not be able to EXPOSE their shady practices!! what they didn't know was, I didn't "delete" my original post. I marked it private so I could always edit it IF they didn't keep their word! I had come to expect them to do something like this, and they did!!! So, to sum up what was done to me personally: I was lied to, my credit was damaged, I was discriminated against, my college grades were permantly hurt, I felt like I was robbed from, and I had to resist deception and manipulation which has put a TERRIBLE taste in my mouth for this college! Maybe others reading this won't have all of these terrible experiences, but let me share with you the experiences (in general) of others...... Please pay very close attention to this: Though I had a very bad experience with a couple of professors, the online coursework wasn't too bad at all and most would work with you in ministry and let you turn things in later if you corresponded with them, so I continued to refer people to this college. I sent a total of 8 people to their college. 1 of the 8 graduated about a year after I did. 3 dropped out for various reasons (some of which were relative to the experiences I had). 1 dropped out to go to another college but was willing to return this semester in hopes that they finally have their stuff together. 1 never could get enrolled (they really do drag their feet at this college). And that leaves the last 1 who has tried multiple times to enroll and actively engage in his academics at CCCB. This last person is the one who had the experience everyone needs to know about. This young man contacted this college back in the Summer of 2014 in regards to their acedemic offerings. Through his correspondence, he was told that they would love for him to enroll and become a student at Central Christian. Once he enrolled, they had given him a checklist of things to do in order to be fulltime that Fall. HE completed all of the tasks necessary for enrollment and fulltime active status. When it was time for class registration, he was told he could not go fulltime but he had to do the Online Orientation instead. This became a fight from start to finish. He offered to go through and compelte the orientation quickly if he needed to but he wanted to be fulltime since he was PROMISED he could be fulltime if accepted since he was very familiar with online-based applications, programs, etc. Well, he did just that and they refused to allow him fulltime status so he told them (just a few days into the orientation) that if they were going to continue to hassle and be dishonest about things, to just take him out of the orientation AND he would go to HOBE so he could be FULLTIME. Of course, phone calls are NEVER EVER EVER returned (even when they PROMISE to call you back!) They end up sending him bills for the orientation and was very shady about charging him (by standards, he was just 2 or 3 days into it, so by rights, he should have been removed especially since they didn't give him what they had promised anyways). Well, almost a YEAR AND A HALF WENT BY.... And the one gentleman that left CCCB decided to give them another shot... To my knowledge, as of right now, he is enrolled for this fall (may have to update if he finds out he was lied to). But THIS PERSON I speak of that was in the ONLINE ORIENTATION decided to give them another shot as well (I actually told him to due to the intense schedule that he has now and how they [used to] say they would work with your schedule). This started MONTHS AGO!!!! He was assured that everything was turned in and good to go. He received his document to sign thru right signature. One of the instructors he had been texting said that it looks like everything is good, he's enrolled, and all he needs to do now is get his classes and books. Then, LAST THURSDAY (1/7/16) they emailed Him to tell him that if he didn't get his "final transcript" in from another college, send them a notarized paper, AND send his Mother's W2's to them, then he would have to wait until March (basically doing the EXACT same thing they did a year and a half ago)... They WAIT until 4 days before classes start (2 of which being the weekend). But what is important to note here is: HE has called them MANY MANY MANY TIMES and they NEVER return his call! Last week SARAH promised to call him back and never did!!! Rhonda, Sarah, Eric, and others want to do everything by EMAIL, knowing that some people can't be on a computer and check their email everyday!!! So when he sees the email (FRIDAY EVENING), he finds out that the W2's, notarized paper, and final transcript has to be in by FRIDAY or he couldn't start classes (yes, you read that right... He had 24 hours to get the email, read it, and then get all of these things done.... He had already taken care of the Transcript with the College and actually because CCCB was stupid about things, he had to pay for transcripts TWICE from the college once during the semester that just ended a few weeks ago and then again last week so they could send a final transcript....why would they need both in a matter of weeks? They enjoy Money racketing it seems like and it is evident that they want to hassle). Well classes started today and they will not let him do his classes. Funny thing is, my friend who graduated a year after me did not have any of these problems this person has had... and everything about them was the exact same situation (prior experience, though not much, under 24 so had to have parents info)... They gave my friend much more time before things started AND whatever he didn't have in when it was time to start, they let him go ahead and start anyways!!!!!! (He has emails to prove it too). After the last issue HE had with this COLLEGE, I have a personal EMAIL from a staff member AND a personal message here on FB from another staff member that said they would try to look at these issues and resolve them for future students and said he would be welcome back and they would help him...... MORE LIES!!!!! The reason? Because they can't stand PENTECOSTAL folks. They can't stand the Holy Ghost. Religious discrimination is what it is! And I will NOT delete, take down, or mark private unless they make things RIGHT with this individual! Oh yeah, in closing, the Academic Dean, working hand in hand with Rhonda Dunham, is Eric Stevens. Imagine that!

Small and friendly atmosphere; the staff/facilty are caring.

Small and friendly atmosphere; the staff/facilty are caring.

Our free tuition scholarship and our family like environment!

I would encourage myself to apply to Central Christian College of the Bible, it is a good school and has great music program.

John

I grew up homeless on the streets of New Orleans and fought my way into a GED and then a diploma for Apprentice electrical Lineman. I worked in that field building up a life for myself until hurricane Katrina destroyed everything I worked for and displaced me, resetting me back to the beginning. I found myself in VA where I decided to fight further for a more advanced education. My advice for young students: Don't wait to begin college waiting on a deciding factor of what you WANT to become. Starting a college career will help you find the answer because unforeseen choices will present themselves in a higher academic environment. If nothing else, pursue a degree in general studies and by the end of that you will have some idea of what you want. The only wrong move that can be made in terms of education is not making a move at all. Never settle for less simply because you are unsure of how much you wish to achieve. Put a foot forward and see where it leads, because in the end you can never be sure of where you'll end up.

Shirley

As an "older" college student I would be able to give my high school self some wonderful words of wisdom and advice. First of all, I would tell myself to go straight to college after high school. The longer you wait to go, the harder it is. I waited 32 years to go for a degree and it is much more difficult to juggle a spouse, children, job, etc. with the demands of the educational learning process. Second, I would tell myself to take school seriously. Schedule it as you would a "job" or a "date" and keep your appointment. Commitment to learn. Third, I would tell myself to balance all areas of my life. Be serious about your education, but ensure that you make time for fun and relaxation.

The excellence of the education I am receiving and the personable teachers.

Dustan

A conservative, Restoration Movement, Christian ministry college

A conservative, Restoration Movement, Christian ministry college

Take grades and scholarship opportunities seriously as school costs a lot of money that you will have to repay eventually.

Someone who is not interested in doing ministry or take their Christian walk seriously

Lindsey

A loving, caring community fostering Christ-like hearts while challenging and stretching minds.

As you go on this journey to college, talk to your parents-a lot. Don’t let them wait until the week before you move to pour out two years of emotions. If you talk to them now and work through their fears, your life will be so much easier down the road. Don’t be afraid to try new things or to move away from home—some of the scariest experiences of your life are also going to be the best memories and growing experiences. Keep studying hard, but don’t study so hard that you lose yourself or that you neglect having fun and enjoying life. Grades are good, and doing well in school is good, but do not become consumed with academic excellence at the cost of all else. Love deeply; you never know how much time you have with people. Forgive and accept quickly; life will change fast in the next few years, and acceptance of new people and a genuine love and interest in them will save you a lot of trouble. Be patient with your parents and remember this is hard for them, too.

Our teachers are absolutely amazing; very well-versed in their subjects and easy to talk to. The information in the classes is top-notch. The classes are extremely challenging yet very rewarding in the amount of material learned and comprehended by the student who applies himself.

Eric

This school is a Christian school training leaders to grow God's kingdom.

This school is a Christian school training leaders to grow God's kingdom.

These men and women at this school are top notch people. They are great examples of what a christian should be. The people here are amazing people and have hearts for God. You will not find a more inviting campus body at any other college.

My college experience has just beganbut has given me the experience of a lifetime. The school I attend is a christian college and I have examples of Godly men everywhere on the campus.I have learnedmany life lessons in and out of the classrooms. The thing that I have learned and am still learning is that the only way to lead is if there is a following otherwise you are just walking and doing what you are doing for nothing. There are many examples of Godly relationships on the campus. The world we live in today promotes divorce. This campus shows us as student how we should live our lives and how we ca be a good spouse to whoever that person is. The last thing that I have learned is that we are all God's children no matter what background we have come from. Everyone no matter what deserves respect. As Jesus said, Love the Lord God with all your heart, and Love your neighbor as yourself.

Jonathan

Don't go to college unless you are ready to learn, and have a desire to put forth the effort, which is worth it, to accomplish the goals you put before yourself. But don't for one moment shy away from the benefits of a life better built with knowledge and a sound foundation for your life to come. Don't wait to start, but be ready for the endevour as it is more than you are used to.

I think the best thing about this school is the accepting nature of all teachers and students, where although the overall focus of the school is Religious in nature, alternative lifestyles are not discriminated against, and various religious views are welcome, and discussed as a means to reconcile differences between beliefs and perspectives.

The campus is located in a small town, which is good for community but a bit frustrating when trying to get to artitic venues and social gathering, although they area available in nearby towns.

Sara

Central is primarily supported by area churches. And as such, the school is also committed to providing free tuition to full-time students. This makes Central a solid, affordible Bible college. Central may be small, but it has a home-like atmosphere, and the professors are very knowledgeable and understanding. Central truly is a quality, very affordable school!

Don't hesitate to ask questions on your campus visit--about everything! Sit in on a class--dialogue with the professors and students. Sit in a social spot and observe the student interaction. Taste the food! And then choose the school that fits your wanted list the most! Be confident--you can always transfer at semester if you don't like it there. But DO make a decision, and DON'T wait 'till the last minute!

The worst think about Central is the slight lack of communication between administrators and the board, and the student body. Sometimes big decisions are made, and the students don't find out about it until much later, which can cause unneccesary stress as we try to adjust. It is also difficult for students to make suggestions to the board as to changes or ideas that may improve life on campus.

Central Christian College of the Bible administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.