Central Connecticut State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Central Connecticut State University

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/unigowpnfs/unigo/wp-content/themes/twentynineteen-child/functions.php on line 3765

Corvair

Good school. Campus life is cool , pretty much tight knit. You always come across a familiar face. It takes a community to raise a child, if needed help is not far. Good class size, great buildings. Easy to get involved with those aligned with the same interests.

Tiffany

Central Connecticut State University is a great school academically if you take advantage of the opportunities available to you. As an alumni student, I can say that if you put in the necessary work, you will earn the grades that you deserve. The professors I had in the Accounting program were always available during office hours or by appointment. Many of them are advocates for your success, they want you to do and perform well... in fact, there are still a few professors I still keep in touch with, and I have asked them for multiple recommendations. I recommend prospective students to apply for the Honors Program. The Honors Program provides a generous scholarship for four years. In addition, their curriculum consists of classes that cover most general education courses, relating to geishas, robots and sex, and time travel. Outside of class, the clubs I checked out were amazing or mediocre, depending upon the club leaders intent and involvement. As for on-campus living experiences, I recommend Mid-Campus housing, although it is slightly more expensive than the other dorms. The food from the dining hall was at best, alright on the good days. I found myself often buying Starbucks instead. It is also very easy to make friends in classes, the student center, cafe, library, and more. As for the weekends, recently in the last few years the campus police have been shutting down house parties as soon as they begin. Therefore, most people (with their fakes, or 21+) crowd into Elmers, Russian Lady, or West Hartford bars (I personally love Division West). In sum, I found my undergraduate experience at CCSU to be an enjoyable experience, and I recommend prospective students to visit the school and see if they like it!

Tina

Central Connecticut State University is a great, tight-knit school made personally for students to succeed. There is plenty in the budget for all sports, groups, and clubs imaginable. They even let us propose our own events and club start-ups. Faculty encourages everyone to get involved and meet new people. The connections I've made so far are with people I plan on staying with for life. I am able to work in academic material other schools I applied to did not have all the resources for. However, CCSU allows me to get free tutors when I start to lag behind on a subject. The directors only want us to follow and meet our goals as students and people.

Erica

My overall opinion of this school Is that it sucked. Never could find anyone to help me with my academics and all the professors i got i could never understand with their accents. And to me it seemed like that nobody really cared about any of the students grades. Also, the food is horrible they always give the seconds to the Devils den kids from the banquet hall.

Aaliyah

Overall, the mood is very much there. I visited the school, back when I was in middle school, and the same vibrant vibes carried throughout years. Now, that I am a current student there, I am so glad that the students are super friendly, and open. I remember at the overnight orientation, we had a whole party where you could chill, and meet people. I befriended some quiet kids and even got to know them. The community is exactly what I really like, and the professors are typically on the same variation as well. Although this is my first year, I am very excited to be entering this school.

Sophia

It is a good school as far as state schools go. Most professors are good, but some are hard to contact and do not take about their students very much. The campus is nice and feels fairly safe. Some housing options aren't great, but the newer buildings are great. Mid Campus, the newest building, is like a hotel; great air conditioning, spacious rooms, and up-to-date facilities. Buildings such as Barrows aren't as great because they have no air conditioning and the building is dated.

Cassandra

I love CCSU. I think I have received an exceptional education here. Attending this university has opened up so many opportunities for me. They offer wonderful study abroad trips both for traditional and non traditional students. They have several different clubs and organizations that you can join. The career center helps students with finding jobs after graduation and during school. The professors are passionate about what they teach, and the classes, for the most part, are interesting.

Jerry

Central Connecticut State University is a school that reminds me a lot of highschool. The reason why I say this is because of the dynamic and outlay that is our campus. The athletes walk around everyday in their sports gear, the kids who live on campus all mostly know each other and everyone seems to know everyones business. But this is just from a social standpoint. In the classrooms, the teachers of Central Connecticut State University are informative and available for their students if they need help with anything outside of school. Overall I would rate Central a B-

Cydney

I transferred to CCSU for my sophomore year and it was the best decision that I have ever made. My freshman year I went to a school where I didn't really fit in, and the cost of attendance was insane. At CCSU, I feel like I belong there, and the tuition price is unmatched. I love it here!

Kathryn

I love Central! I transferred here from a private school, and could not be more impressed with the rigor of education I've received so far. I didn't think I'd have many opportunities to stand out at a public school, but there are internships and professional opportunities everywhere.

Jamie

Overall Central Connecticut State University is an ok school. The dorms are in pretty good condition, There is a lot of drinking and weed smoking. The food is ok, I've had worse at other colleges. I mean lucky charms are a solid dinner right? Most professors kind of suck. You have the ones that don't speak English, the ones that show up 6 times the whole semester (when the class meets 2 times a week for 16 weeks), and the ones that fail half the class for fun...

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!