Brainerd, MN
Central Lakes College-Brainerd

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Lakes College-Brainerd

Kasee

I am going for the Child Development A.A.S. Degree and couldn't be happier with it. The teachers and staff are amazing and helpful. Textbooks are required for the core CDEV courses but so far I haven't had to buy any extras. I was late getting signed up for the semester but everyone kept things moving along and were pleasant to work with. Highly Recommend!

Randall

Just a place to get my General 2-year out of the way. The thing that I really like about CLC is the TRIO Lab and advisors. They have helped me so much with my transfer transition. They have given me a place that I feel comfortable doing my homework without the distractions. They give us snacks too!

jesse
jesse henline

It is a nice school

jesse henline

It is a nice school

Alexis

I would tell myself to take every great opportunity that I have, and to get involved more. I should've volunteered more of my time to the community when I was in high school. I would also tell myself to really take advantage of my teachers, and build relationships with them. I was quiet in high school, and I should've spoken up more. If I would've done this then I could've really engaged with my learning. I would tell myself to ask more questions, and become a critical thinker. I am just learning how to do all of these things now in college, but I am realizing that it would've been more beneficial to me if I had learned how to do these things in high school.

The professors are the best part of my school. They truly want you to do well academically, and most of them are very engaging. They really encourage class participation. When professors teach their classes this way it gives me more motivation to work harder, and in turn I end up pushing myself more. I have enjoyed the enthusiasim that my professors have for teaching, and I hope my future professors have this same quality when I move on to a four-year college.

I brag about how I always get the classes that I need, and how the class sizes are smaller. It is very easy to collaborate a school schedule with all of the classes that you need. The largest class that I have had at Central Lakes College had about thirty students. With smaller classes it is much easier to get in touch with your professor if you have any questions or want to meet.

Dakotah

Looking back, I would advise my high school self to stay dedicated to my studies; it will pay off in the end. I would also tell my past self to not hold back when it comes to getting involved with activities. Every additional class I sign up for, every activity I join, every hour I volunteer- I grow as a person. I wish I had known that when I was younger. College is the perfect place for oppurtunities for that growth. You just have to jump in head first.

I feel Central Lakes College can accomodate every type of person. This college provides a very diverse student body in: race, age, career goals, etc.

The engaging lectures and lessons taught by dedicated faculty members!

Brianna

I think my school is best known for being a tight knit community and for having Gary Payne as one of the professors.

I think our school is unique because most of our students are parents or PSEO students and then we have a little portion of kids in between. We are pretty laid back to an extent and are more like a family than a college, in my opinion. We have diversity in our programs and I think even though our school is on the smaller side of the size chart, we do really well.

I would give myself advice that I should ahve went PSEO in 11th grade and not just my senior year. To perservere through troubled time, learn to take a break, treat yourself, but most importantly just relax. What I really would try to inplant in my brain is to always speak up!!

Paula

If I could go back in time and find my past self when I was in high school I would tell myself never be afraid. All through my childhood and high school days, I was always afraid to stand up for myself and to speak out. I let people push me around. I would always submit to what my parents wanted for me in my life. I know that a parent only wants the best for their child, but the child has to be free to express themselves. I was so pressured in school to be perfect. I would tell my younger self that it is ok not to be perfect. I would say to myself to speak out, branch out and take those risks. Do not let opportunities pass you by. You'll discover after the tornado of April 27 2011 that you are capable of overcoming anthing. You'll suffer loss, sadness, and guilt, but you'll realize that you have never been stronger. You'll finally see that the courage you've been needing was inside you all along. So in the mean time, Keep your head up girl! You're not broken. Your'e a winner.

Deltina

I waited until was 56 years old to go to college, going back in time I really chew myself out because of my actions at that time. FIRST Tell myself to go to the school counselor and ask for HELP. My father died when I was 12, my mother blamed me. She soon married George. I WANTED AWAY FROM HOME NOW!! SECOND Tell myself not to drop out, get married, have a baby at 16. I don't regret having my children but tell myself to wait. THIRD Tell myself to go back to school at that time and at least got my GED. FOURTH I'd tell myself to look in to finical aide then and went back at least part-time. FIFTH Tell myself that I need an education to get the better paying jobs. SIXTH Tell myself that I wasn't that useless person, that I deserved a chance to better myself. SEVENTH Tell myself, desire a college education it's available somehow. EIGHTH College will always benefit you in someway, YOU HAVE TO DO IT!! NINTH You know you need and want too! Tenth NO EXCUSES, College is must, DO IT NOW, don't wait anymore.

The on-line classes, take them you DO NOT receive help from your instructors. If you need help for on-line classes you need to hire tutor. If your class requies a special software YOU CAN NOT work on your studies on the WEEKENDS because the school is closed. Even the library closes early on Friday and doesn't open til Monday. The computer commons closes at 6:00 pm. and the library closes at 8:00 PM during the week. Makes it hard to access a computer. Instructors are extremely liberal, a conservative will clash especially in certain subjects.

It isn't the school that is at fault for the reasons I am giving for not attending Central Lakes College. The job aspect if you need to work as you are going to school is basically NONE especially during the winter months. Even though the school has a job site on line it doesn't help. This area is a "lakes "area playground" for the Twin Cities people form mid-April to mid-Oct. " So the cost of housing is too high for the student whose parents aren't paying for housing. There isn't on-campus dorms either.

Central Lakes College-Brainerd administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.