Auburn, ME
Central Maine Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Maine Community College

Ilija

It’s a great opportunity to study for 2 years and then transfer to a bigger school

Caitlyn

This isn't the first school that I have attended but it was so much easier to make friends here. There is always someone willing to just start a conversation and it makes it seem like a safer environment to be in. This school has provided me with wonderful opportunities and I highly recommend it.

Central Maine Community College is brimming with opportunity while keeping a low tuition rate-only about $2,200 for me! The dining hall is scrumptious, boasting a milkshake machine, a wrap/panini/ quesadilla shop with unique and healthy selections, a flatbread station and more. There's also a coffeehouse offering fun drinks and pastries, which students can work at. The overall student body is about 3,000, but it doesn't feel like it, especially when currently, my biggest class has 9 people and my smallest 7! This means a more peaceful environment and more 1 on 1 time with the professor. So far, my professors are friendly, willing to give help, and keep a good sense of humor. Classes may be a few hours long, but with the hands on work from cooking class, time generally flies. Even during my lecture, the professor is charismatic, not droning on for hours. I live in a dorm, and it's pretty cozy. My hall has a lobby with a TV, microwaves, board games and some movies. On the 4th floor is a large study area called the Treetops, which is also used for nightly events(Cards Against Humanity every Friday, in the future paper mache and a meet-and-swap). Admittedly, the other hall seems to offer more, such as a kitchen, foosball , and air hockey-but students from my hall are welcome inside. For extracurriculars, CMCC offers a good variety of clubs-so far I've joined the Collection of Creative Citizens-they're hosting cake decorating next week!-but there are other clubs such as a Culinary Club, Contemporary Gaming Coalition, and an Environmental Club, which often has trips off campus! CMCC seems to care about student success, as most people come ready to transfer, and also offer the TRIO program to help with academic success as well as career exploration. I genuinely feel welcomed here!

Michaela

I love this school. As with any place in which you spend so much of your time, there are good things and not so wonderful things about it. There are a few bad apples, but overall the people are awesome. The professors honestly care about your education and mostly everyone is there to learn. I was nervous going to a community college because so many people told me that they're not worth anything or that my credits wouldn't transfer. Luckily, there were great people here that were able to make my academic plans a reality. I was able to finish my two year associates degree in just one year. In the relatively short time I've gone to school at Central Maine Community college, I have grown to love it so much. I wish I could continue, but their are no more classes that I need to take.

Alice

Central Maine Community College is really great for such a small school. Class sizes make it easier to connect with classmates and develop good classroom atmospheres. Professors are always reachable by email at least and are willing to work with you. Everyone is very helpful and nice.

Mercedes

I have attended CMCC for 3 (basically 4 years) and it has been the best four years of my life. I attended this school originally because of the cost, as well as the opportunity to play sports. Once I graduated with my initial associates in general studies I transferred and found to hate that school, and so I came back to CM. Like any school CM has its downsides, like they do need more housing and they most definitely put extra focus on athletes over regular students. But at the same time the school offers so much to do, and there are times that I absolutely loved it at CM, but now that I am 21 years old, I didn't enjoy the idea of living on campus, or the idea of having to be there 4 days a week (They don't do classes on Fridays) Therefore I chose the online option and absolutely love it. CMCC is a very diverse school, and also a very accepting school, no matter your race, sexual orientation, or anything along those lines. I feel that is a very crucial thing when it comes to picking a school now a days. Sports wise, CM is a very competitive school, the women's and men's basketball teams have been to nationals, the women winning the whole thing last season, they have a men's hockey team, that although it is in the probation period does very well against teams like UNE, Bates, and Dartmouth. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at CMCC and have saved a lot of money and it finally steered me in the right direction for my future career.

Faith

I think it's a good school to attend, and would recommend it to everyone. Its affordable, and easy to apply to. The people there are super friendly and helpful for whatever you may need. The campus life is fun, and helpful to those who live far away to make sure that they may still attend.

Dakota

I think it's a great school, it's very diverse and people all over the world are there. You're definitely not alone. Teachers are willing to help as long as you seek the help you're looking for. Guidance is always there through the advisors and directors

The professors are wonderful and available to students whenever needed. The campus has undergone some updating and has improved the campus quite nicely. It is a safe campus, mostly a commuter school. There are many majors to choose from, even though it is a community college!

Talia

CMCC is a small, friendly campus with many personable people and professors.

CMCC is a small, friendly campus with many personable people and professors.

Take it slow. You have time. That is what I would tell myself. When I started applying for colleges last year, I had many expectations of myself. First, I’d enter my preferred major immediately. Secondly, I’d do 4 years of school. And lastly, I’d work during the school year to minimize future loans. None of these things are working out for me. What I have managed to do is to switch majors three times, causing me to need more years to get my degree in graphics. I’ve also managed to overwork myself by trying to take on a 20-hour work week while still going to school full-time. This past month, I’ve realized how crazy my initial expectations were. All I’m doing is stressing over something I shouldn’t. I’m not in college to perform under a timer, I’m here to improve myself. If it takes more time and money than anticipated, it’s okay. So, if I could talk to my past self, I would tell myself this: Take a deep breath. Do what you love. Most importantly: take your time getting to where you want.

Anyone looking to get a foot up in their education. CMCC is a great stepping stone between a 2-year and a 4-year school.

Central Maine Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.