Central Methodist University-College of Graduate and Extended Studies Top Questions

Mercy

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advice myself to simply follow my dreams. Your childhood goes by so fast, and your years as a young adult go by even faster. I would caution the future me not to lose myself in the hype of being away from home and to remember what drives me. I would also advice my younger self to not care so much what other people's opions of me are.

Debra

Looking back I would encourge myself to be more involved with the campus at a earlier time in my education. This would have allowed for more opportunities not only throughout my college life, but also into my career. I would also encourage myself to participate in the opportunities that were offered through the school, such as the mission trips and spring break trips, this would have helped me receive more education and experience in my life.

I would tell myself to stay focused on the bottom line. The reason for college is so that you can achieve greatness for yourself.I would also explain that the transition is rough, you are for the most part on your own out there. Then I would continue to say that no matter what, this is what you need.If you want to get a job that you will be happy with for the rest of your life you must push through any of the hard times.The most important is you and or your state and parents even the federal government is paying for this education take it serious and remember there are those out there who do not get this opportunity. If you do your work, dont procrastinate and stay focused it all gets much smoother over time. Take pride in yourself. Dont give in to peer presure, stay of strong mind and body.Learn from everything and everyone you can take advantage of every tool to make life easier and meet as many different kinds of people you can.Dont be affraid of your teachers professors and dont be affraid of succeeding in life

If I could go back and talk to myself...oh the things I would tell myself... First of all...STUDYING IS VERY IMPORTANT! Luckily here some teachers help students walk through classes but nobody will be there to hold your hand. This is a time for growing up and transitioning into adult-hood. It is nothing like high school. Also, there is not time for distraction and what you do here is the beginning of your future.