Mount Pleasant, MI
Central Michigan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Michigan University

I like the size of CMU its a beautiful campus, and its not so big that you feel overwhelmed. I don't spend much time on campus, and the town is still developing into more of a college town. Mt. Pleasant isn't a big city, but you can still find things to do. I personally haven't had any problem with the administration here and most faculty and staff that I have dealt with are very helpful. CMU has a lot of school pride. Every sporting event that I have gone to during my time here has had its share of excited fans. The most frequent complaint is probably about parking, but I know that is the case at a lot of schools.

I can't really say what types of students might feel out of place because I feel I fit here very well.

No. People do party, but that happens at every school. I don't think CMU students party any more than students at other schools. The school does care a lot about football, especially because of the great records we've had in the last couple years. However, I haven't seen anything that demonstrates that they are neglecting other areas.

In smaller classes professors know your name, but in larger classes it is a lot less likely. That is one thing I miss from going to a community college. I've had a lot of great classes here, but my favorite right now is JRN 500-current issues in mass communication. I feel like this class is teaching me to be an informed citizen. I don't know how much other students study, but i study a lot because of my heavy course load. I really like the journalism program here, when I graduate I think I'll be well prepared to enter the job market.

There are a ton of student organizations to get involved in. I think every person on campus could probaly find an RSO to fit with their hobbies and interest. I've seen large crowds at both athletic events and theatrical performances. Students attend things that best fit their interest.

I've heard a lot of people say that CMU is a party school and all the administration cares about is football.

Lane

The campus is just the right size. You can walk from one end of the campus to the other is 15-20 minutes

The student body is primarily white but the university is making great efforts to diversify

the largest student organization on campus is the public relations student soceity of america (PRSA) Almost every night, at least one bar is known for a drink special. There's always a reason to go out and it's really cheap to go to a bar in Mount Pleasant.

The academic requirements are ok

Jenny

there are limitless opportunities- i'd move it to a warmer location- just right- some are surprised b/c I turned down u of m to go here- dorm, probably- mt. pleasant, definitely a college town- pretty good- the hanging of 4 nooses in a classroom- FIRE UP CHIPS!!!- they offer a leadership minor- that one time w/ my sisters- recently it 's been that the side walks are too icy

cmu has a very diverse student body- i dont think anyone would feel out of place- jeans or sweatpants w/ a hoodie- yes- packed with a bunch of different people- most are from somewhere in michigan w/ a majority of them from metro detroit- i have no idea- yes- i would say center left- i dont know

There is definitely a social aspect to life at CMU and always a party to go to, but there are real classes & student get a quality education.

It's a blow off school where everyone just goes out and parties ALL the time.

greek like is HUGE, so is sga and program board, but there are over 300 so everyone can find something- my sorority is amazing, it's given me so many opportunities both on campus and off and i've made lifelong friends- generally, but it depends on the dorm- football is huge, and the others are pretty decent as well especially since tickets are FREE to all students- we have a ton of guest speakers(at least one each week) and they are almost always free- there are lots of people to date and lots of places to go- sorority sisters & my roommates- i like to sleep- too many to talk about- there is a party every night if you want one, but it all depends on what you're looking for- greek life is really big on campus- my sibs came up for sibs weekend....& i went to a party=]- speakers, movies, ice skating, roller skating, sporting event, gym, etc...- volunteer, work

almost all of them- ldr200L b/c i like to learn about leadership, chm101 b/c i hate science- depends on the student- in most classes- many do- yes- my leadership classes- im a double major in broadcasting & spanish & both departments are very helpful and offer a lot of opportunity for in class and out of class experience- when I need help i go to their office hours- i think some of the gen ed requirements should be cut if you took a similar class in high school and did well- geared toward's a job

Central Michigan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.