Central Michigan University

« See more reviews of Central Michigan University

Central Michigan University is best known for alot of things academically and environmentally. To name them all is just as difficult as to name just one or two. 71% of CMU students volunteer or do community service, exceeding the national average for student volunteerism. This makes CMU best known for their friendly enviroment. Everyone is actually happy and they truely care about people and the enviroment in which they live in. CMU is also the first university nationwide to offer a four-year accredited athletic training program. Those students go directly on to become pro athletes or famous athletic figures.

CMU is a teacher factory. Most people who attend CMU take introduction to teacher just to try it on for size, some don't go any further. CMU is also focused on perpetuating the American Dream by making future doctors, lawyers, and business executives. Finally, in the last seven years since I've attended CMU, there has been an increased effort to bring the football team into the sports spotlight. They seem to invest a lot of energy into teaching and football here at CMU.

I have recently discovered me school is best for doing projects at finals time. It sucks at the time, but in the long run its very good real world experience. Because there is a very small list of options as to what to do in Mount Pleasant, most people just end up partying. Even though we party a lot, people are serious about their studies. We have top programs in the state and country. We also specialize in being technology forward.

Central Michigan Univeristy offers a great education to students from all over the world. We have an amazing football team that is division one and you cannot beat out team spirit. We are a large school with a small campus feel that makes anyone feel at home. Many things to do around the area including the casino, tubing down the chippewa river and much more! Not only do students recieve a great education but also have a blast!

My school is best known for its football team. We have won the MAC Championship the past two years. I think a lot of this is due to the previously mentioned school spirit. Everyone gets extremely riled up for the football games and to socialize with the other excited students, faculty, and alumni. It adds a lot to the college experience.

Central Michigan is best known for its educational programs. Many majors at Central Michigan are very hard to get into and are extremely competitive! If you are not willing to work hard and strive to be at the top of your class, there is a good chance you will not be excepted into your program.

For working in groups hard and never quiting when the going gets tough and never quit on on nobody. My Teachers always thought of me as a person with great potential and now i am finally realizing the goal to work hard and accomplish my goals in life thats what people will remember me by.

CMU is simultaneously referred to as a teaching school and as a party school. Prospective students looking to excel in either of those areas can find that opportunity here, though perhaps one will take more discipline and hard work than the other.

My school is best known for its teaching programs in the past. More recently they have been developing great health care programs and are looking forward to establishing a medical school in the near future.

It has a top notch physical therapy program and has been very good in its conference for sports such as wrestling or football. The campus is not too big and not too small, it's perfect.