Central Michigan University

« See more reviews of Central Michigan University

Central Michigan University is a large college, but unlike other large colleges it provides every student with outstanding resources. The dorms are very spacious compared to other large colleges. The residential halls also have fitness centers so you don't even have to walk outside to get a work-out. Another important feature about CMU is leadership safari. This program allows freshman and transfer students to get a feel for the campus before everyone else moves in. Plus it is a great way to make new friends! This is unique to Central and only adds to the great atmosphere.

First Central Michigan University has a big campus, yet at the same time the campus is not so big to where you cannot get around the campus in time for classes that are back-to-back. Central Michigan University also has a lot of oppertunities to help you out to succeed. They have tutor periods for all classes and have people to help you out when you need help. Also all of the sporting event at Central Michigan University are free of charge to all student attending. Those are some of the things that makes Central Michigan University unique.

I used to go to Michigan State University, but ended up transferring to Central Michigan University because the classes were too hard. I was pleasasntly surprised with how much I like CMU. The classes are a lot smaller, which helped me learn the material a lot better. The teachers know you by name in most classes, which is completely different from MSU. The campus is small, so you can walk to all your classes within 10 minutes. They have a lot of different programs to choose from and many couselors to help you figure things out.

The unique part about CMU is the sense of community you get from walking around campus or being in the classroom or dorm room. Even though the college itself has thousands of students, it feels like a close-knit community because of how small campus really is and how nice the people are. Another thing that's nice about a smaller campus is that everything you need is within a comfortable walking distance. Plus, even if you can't find something everyone is always nice and willing to help you with anything you might need.

What makes this school unique compared to other schools I considered is it's reputation for producing high quality teachers. In the state of Michigan, more currently employed teachers are graduates of Central Michigan University. It also has very high tech classrooms, which allow teachers to use many different means of teaching. The final thing that makes CMU unique is the campus wide "Going Green" project. All facilities are cleaned using "green" cleaners and there are recycling centers everywhere.

The unique thing about Central Michigan University is that it is a very friendly campus filled with lots of love and friendships. It is very easy to make friends and build relationships at CMU. Everyone treats others with respect and are very outgoing. There are also more than 250 registered student organizations on the campus that vary from volunteer work to white water rafting, so there is something for everyone and chances for every single student to get involved with a positive organization.

The thing that I found to be unique about my school compared to other schools is that contrary to the fact that my university is a Division One school meaning that our population is much larger than some yet also smaller than some other Division One schools it seems as if we are much more close knit like a family. Coming to the school I would not expect that because of the large size but I am grateful to attend a university where people treat you as if they are part of their own family.

CMU offers an education like one would expect from a much larger university. The great education you want, without having to hike across campus and being treated like just a number. At CMU, you have a name. Your professors even know it. You can get a good job with your degree, and you have so many opportunities to participate in extra-curricular activities, it's like you're at camp. It's all one great package, and you end up with a great education.

What is unique about my school is that we have an exceptional curriculum and most alumni’s succeed in the career industries. I’d personally choose CMU because they are one of the few schools to offer a degree in Community Development, for working adults. The school also offer accelerated course to help you finish your degree in no time. I’d applied to other schools but the programs offered wasn’t as board as the Community Development Option at CMU.

Central Michigan University is unique compared to other schools because they keep building on to their campus and adding new programs all the time. In recent years, they have add a Health Professions building and are currently building a Teacher Education building. They also have plans in the works to building a Medical building with Medical programs for students. CMU tries to give all students the education they want and need.