Central Michigan University

« See more reviews of Central Michigan University

There is a wide variety of professors on campus, from the ones who don't really care about you to the ones who really try to learn everyones names. But on the whole I feel that most of the professors are available during their office hours to take any questions that people miht have and try to answer them.

Classes are small, and professors generally know who you are, and will notice you missing if your'e not there. Major and higher level classes seem to be more beneficial. Learning is often more practical in these types of courses, where in general education courses it's for the sheer sake of learning.

The class sizes have been good, you can get to know your professor and likewise for them. The professors need to fess up when we do not need a book for their class though. I'm sick of hearing that I need a book, and we never touch it. I'm not made of money, I'll own roughly 50K when I'm done.

I am a Business major. I signed at the end of my sophomore year and have enjoyed taking the courses related to general management. Each semester I have had at least one professor that I thoroughly enjoyed. They take the time to get to know your names and set up hours outside of class to help.

I love that at CMU most class sizes are no larger then 200 but usually 50 or so. That means it is more personal, where teachers try to learn names and you can participate more in class discussion. It is rare that a grad. student teaches so you know you are getting a great education.

The most unique class I've had is PES 310. It's Physical Education for the Classroom and I absolutely love it. We are taught how to teach activities and get to perform them every class period. It's fun and beneficial because we are learning how to control a class of hyper students.

Academics should be the #1 reason for students to come to college. There are students who are very competitive to be the best in the class and others that aren't. The class participation in undergrad classes varies on the subject, class size, time of day that the class is offered.

Most of my professors know my name because I introduce myself to my teachers at the beginning of every semester. Some teachers, understandably, forgot my name due to the fact that they teach so many classes, and upon that, their classes may have about 300 students in them.

My classes are great. My teachers know me and I actually want to make the effort to know them. I never took a business class in high school and I never thought I would. I am taking them now and I plan on going on to get my MBA afterwards because I love the classes so much.

Most my professors don't know my name. But I suppose that is because this is college not High School. I would prefer my teachers to know my name though. Favorite class- math. Least Favorite EDU 107- too much busy work, and directions aren't explained throughly enough.