Central Michigan University

« See more reviews of Central Michigan University

Yes, my professors know my name. My favorite class was HSC 214 which was anatomy. Least favorite class was moral problems. I study a lot. Class participation is typically uncommon unless it is dependent upon your grade. No CMU students do not have intellectual convos outside of class. Students are competitive. My most unique class thus far has been my anatomy class. My major is health fitness. I dont spend my much with my prof. outside of class. I dont care for CMUs UP classes. It is geared toward getting a job.

It's pretty true that if you even make the effort, your professors will know your name and face. There are large lectures, usually for GenEds, but many of the specialized classes are small enough for personalized attention. Getting in touch with your professors (depending on who they are) is usually not hard at all, and most are willing to help you in any way they can. If you pay close enough attention, you'll get the education you're paying for.

The academics here are a joke. Every class is dumbed down, its amazing that anybody would fail out of this college. The school only cares about making money, not providing quality education. About half of the professors care about the students, and if you are lucky enough to get into one of their classes you might learn something. But a lot of the professors don't give a shit and you probably won't learn anything useful in their classes.

All professors strive to know every students name. The class size is perfect. There is competition amongst students to excel scholastically, but it is not threatening, it's friendly competition. The departments are very helpful and easily accessible. The education is definitely in preparation for jobs and the real world. There are many opportunities and offices geared towards helping students find jobs and set up internships.

The teachers are all very approachable and willing to help. Classes are challenging. The study abroad program is really good. Scholarships and guidance are given to any student that wants to study abroad. There are always students studying around campus, in the library or in the coffee shops. The graduation advisors and undergraduate services are excellent in helping you figure out your classes and requirements.

Most of the time, when you get into classes for your major, your professors will know your name because the class size is smaller. Sometimes, professors do not know you though. Students are not competitive at all. It is a very big deal for someone to make the dean's list, a 3.5 or higher. I do not spend time with professors outside of class unless it is at their office hours.

Most professors seem to know my name. The worst class I have taken is an english class with a professor how thought he was the shit because he went to bullshit oxford. Students seem to be competitive about there grades. The education is about 50 50 to get a job and for learning for its own sake.

Some of my professors know my name, while others definitely do not. I enjoy the classes I am taking now because the class sizes are smaller, making them more personable and I am more comfortable and have friendships with most of my classmates. I like the technology available in all the classrooms.

Professors do know my name and all students are welcome in their offices at any time. Favorite class is finance because of the dynamic, entertaining professor. Education is geared toward getting a job and preparing students for the real world, especially in the College of Business.

Most of my professors know my name. My favorite class by far is MKT 450 with Dr. Garver. It is a hard class but he makes it fun. Least favorite class was chemistry. I have been involved in numerous intellectual conversations with other students outside of class.