Central Michigan University

« See more reviews of Central Michigan University

Most of my professors know my name, except if it's a lecture class. Since I'm a broadcasting major, I have one of the hardest major at Central. This is very difficult because my classes are created and set up so you fail, so academics is very difficult at Central for me but this is because my major is created so I succeed in the workplace.

Most of my classes are pretty small and the teachers usually get to know all of their student's names. I've only had two lectures halls this year, and those professors still try to make an effort, especially when you come to their office hours. I really like CMU's academic requirements because it helps to create a well-rounded student.

All of my education classes are my favorite classes. Everyone is eager to learn and participate. In the child development department we have many different opportunities for hand on experience. I really like the opportunities i have gotten at this university, i do think that the University Program courses are a little excessive.

I feel like I have not had the chance to really get to know my teachers on a more personal level. I rarely spend time outside of class with my professors. I feel that the academic requirements are a good mix of classes to help you figure what you really want to go into. I feel that the education is geared toward getting a job.

My favorite class are the ones that are not lecture. It is when the professor actually knows your name and pays attention to what you think. I believe that Central has a great selection of professors and most of the professors want their students to do well. I havent had one that does not care about my grade in their class.

I started out by having a major in Heath Fitness. I soon changed it to Family Studies for a variety of reasons. One, the staff in the health department are not friendly and do not act as though they want a student to succeed. The staff in the Family Studies department are always warm, always willing to help if you ask for it.

The most unique class that I have taken at CMU is Racial Justice through Law. I was really surprised that a class that sounds so boring could actually be extremely interesting. It was a class where we went over different court cases in regards to racial discrimination and issues in America over the course of history.

I've had some amazing professors as well as some terrible ones. My major, entrepreneurship is great here, great program, great professors. Education at Central, at least for my major, is definitely geared towards getting a job, as I've learned so much practical information and how it will apply in the work world.

Yes, all my professors know my name because of the smaller class sizes. Class participation is very common in all my classes; students are not afraid to actively work in the classroom, which helps everyone learn better. CMU's academic requirements allow for students to be more well rounded people when they graduate.

the professors suck, they need to get ones that speak english. its hard to learn from people you cant understand. the requirements and classes provided are nice and broad, they just need better professors. they also need to make a better effort of getting you connected with possible employers in the future.