Central Michigan University

« See more reviews of Central Michigan University

What I brag about most is the music program my university provides. Central Michigan offers one of the finest music facilities in Michigan, with a bright interior, windows and pianos for each practice room, and a building shaped like a piano! The professors are consistently excited about music performance, history, musicology, and furthering research in their fields, and each commit himself (or herself) entirely to the students. Additionally, I am privileged to play saxophone in one of the most supportive studios in the country; these fellow students have contributed to my success more than I could ever have imagined.

I brag the most about my proffessors and their interaction with students. No matter how many students proffessor's have they always remember everyone's name within two weeks. They struggle in the beginning, but their determination is extremely encouraging, and worth the bragging rights. The friendly environment created in the classroom by so far all of my professors, makes learning and feeling as if you belong a positive experience. In a school with twenty thousand plus students, the proffessors are always there to remind you that your voice and opinions do matter.

There are no community bathrooms! On a more serious note, the best thing about Central Michigan University is the overwhelming amout of activities and events to take part in on campus. There is always some athletic event to attend, a play to see, or a club to join. However, the thing that makes this all possible is the student body. Students are always coming up with new activities and love to be involved. It all helps to create a community feeling, so that you will never feel alone on campus.

When I brag about my school to my friends it is always how Central Michigan University is home away from home. By this I mean I can be comfortable here. Everyone is close and nice to eachother and would go out of their way for others. My school is a close knit community and I love how everybody is willing to help. I'd have to say CMU was the best choice I've made because it's not as big as other public schools so I do not get lost in the crowd like some kids feel.

When describing Central Michigan University to my friends the first thing that comes out of my mouth is the size. Central is a small school compared to many, but with the size being so small, you know almost everyone. The class sizes allow you to meet many new people and to occasionally run into them on the sidewalk. The size of Central being so small also allows you to get from one end of campus to the other within fifteen minutes, which can be very convenient.

the thing that I brag to my friends about when talling about this school would be, the educational oppurtunities that this school offers. Central Michigan is a small Division 1 school, but wack it lack sin population it makes up in size for the committed students that want to suceed in their careers. This is school is well known for many things such as Football program, Basketball program, Track and field, physical therapy training, and many more things.

Everyone is incredibly friendly and enthusiastic. People strive to be respectful of all groups. Negative usage of the words "gay" and "retard" are not appreciated. Class sizes are smaller, so the professors often know your name. Also, classes are challenging, but not beyond what the students are capable of doing. As one professor told my class today, "This class was desinged for you to succeed. It was designed for you to get an A."

There is tons of school sprit on campus and everyone on campus gets along. There are no rifts among social groups and people are very friendly. The friendlyness translates to the classroom as well with the professors and the administators. The class sizes are just right as well.

The campus life is so freeing. You get to live on your own and make your own decisions all while meeting new people. Everyday is a new adventure you get to dive into. The campus at CMU is not boring at all; there is always something to experience, join, or enjoy!

CMU has an utterly fantastic teacher-education program, and a lovely new environmentally-friendly building to go with it. It's large, fairly state-of-the-art, and easy to navigate. A solid program, and great facilities. ...our football team is pretty awesome, too.