Central Michigan University

« See more reviews of Central Michigan University

Honestly, the most frustrating thing about my school is the cold weather. I go to Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. The weather is not perfect. I love to be outdoors, and I definitely prefer warm weather. It snows a lot up here, and when its not snowing, it can get pretty chilly outside. The weather is really the only thing I can think of that frustrates me about my school. I love the curriculum and the teachers. The counselors and upperclassmen are very helpful. The campus is beautiful and just the right size for me! I love it!

The most frustrating thing about my school would be the weather at times, the binge drinking, and the cost. When it's cold, here in Mount Pleasant, Mi it seems to be much colder. Walking around outside in between classes is terrible. We use to have underground tunnels but they are presently closed. There is binge drinking everywhere off campus, its sometimes hard to stay away from it. The cost of tuition and books are also a blow to your wallet. My roomates and I always have trouble having money and Central is a big part of that.

The most frustrating thing about Central Michigan University is the large population. It's hard to find where you belong at a school where you hardly ever see a familiar face. You go from High School knowing almost everyone's name in your grade to struggling with remembering the names of the students in your classes. Crossing paths with thousands of people each and every day makes it frustrating when you're searching for a familiar face, and wondering if you are noticed at all by anyone.

The most frustrating thing about Central Michigan University is the fact that even though there is usually some sort of event happening on Campus, it's often either sports or some music event. Otherwise, the more diverse activities are few and far between. Also, the some of the professors I have experienced have not been all too helpful when non-school related situations have come up, and I need extra time to do work. However, there are a few that are very accomodating.

The most frustrating thing about Central Michigan University is the fact that this school is the best place to help me achieve my dream of becoming a special education teacher, but I am struggling to pay my tuition with little help from them. When I go to the financial aid department they only offer loans, which can get them their money but is helping me in no way. I feel like I?m lost with no one to help me, and all I want is a good education.

The most frustrating thing about Central Michigan University would probably be that it's diverse but not diverse as it could be; my university lacks the blended cultures that it needs to help prepare many of the students to for the work force. Before coming to college much of my high school was mainly one race to by coming to college I thought I'd get the opportunity to make up for that yet my school lacks that and it is quite disappointing.

Some of the professors are grad students to temporary staff. They sometimes do not seem to care about what or who they are teaching. All they seem to care about is that they are getting paid. It is very hard to get a straight answer from them, and they are very unhelpful when you have a question about the subject. Although these professors are far and few in between, the few that are out there are very difficult to deal with.

The most frustrating thing about Central Michigan University would be the parking availability. Although parking permits are available to students at an expense, not only are they expensive, but it is also not guaranteed that you will find a parking spot in your desired lot. Often times, parking lots will fill up quickly, and students are subject to moving to a lot that is much further away; inconveient, and thus, frustrating.

I think the most frusterating thing about my school would be that most people are from Michigan and can go home anytime. I was from out of state which made it more difficult for me on certain holiday weekends. Also being a college of over 25,000 students the class size for some of the freshman introductory courses can be rather large at times, but get smaller and more personal as you get into your major courses.

The most frustrating thing about Central Michigan University is the building organization. The only thing I have found to struggle with is that some of my classes for Education will be in the actual education building, while others are scattered slightly farther away on campus. I would prefer classes required for a degree were all closer in vicinity.