Central Michigan University

« See more reviews of Central Michigan University

The town that the school in is fairly small. It is 45 minutes from a medium sized city. A lot of students' social lives revolve around drinking. For those of us that don't drink, it can be hard to find our niche and make similar-minded friends. (Luckily, though, I have made great friends that don't need alcohol to have fun. It can be done.)

It's hard being an education major to get in all of the classes i need. I wish there was some way that i could handle taking more classes a semester and be able to juggle both school and my Varsity level sprot that I participate in. By taking more of my degree required classes it would be easier for me to finish my schooling in four years.

If I had to find something about Central Michigan University that was frustrating, it would be more on a personal level. I found that learning to prioritize on my own to be difficult. Being away from home for the first time, with all of the freedom at college has been a bit frustrating and challenging.

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be at times the fact that we are living in such a small town known as Mount Pleasant, Michigan. There are limited places to eat, shop and work at times but once you get use to the atmosphere you learn to appreciate the small town for what is it.

The most frustrating thing would be how the other students drive around campus. I was almost hit a couple times. And they won't go in the turn they are supposed to at the 4 way stop when the students are trying to get from one class to another. It is very dangerous and concerns me greatly.

The most frustrating about my school was that the major science classes where lectured in big auditorium halls. Science classes are hard to its core, so having them in big auditoriums it is not very helpful for students, especially the fresh ones from high school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of communication between transfer students and advisors. Now that I am here, I have had some good talks with my advisors for my major and minor, but before, I ended up taking a lot of unneeded classes.

Sometimes there is too much homework given for the amount of time students have at night. Finding time for homework between school and work is very hard and if your homework is not done than the teachers are less understanding and think you are a slacker.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is very hard to get classes that you need for your major. Scheduling is based on credits taken and some people are not able to get into classes that they need to take.

The most frustrating thing about my school is its size. I am used to a small community college where everything is close together, and being on a large campus makes it harder to get around as well as confusing.