Central Michigan University

« See more reviews of Central Michigan University

The best thing about Central is the wide variety of events and access offered free to students. The exercise facility is amazingly and includes a weight room, track, courts, hot tub, pool, free weights, and weight and cardio machines. There are helpful workshops such as resume builders, fake interviews, and etiquite dinners. Speakers and entertainers make frequent apperances as well. Free athletic events make you feel welcome unlike some larger schools having to pay for tickets to cheer for your own team. Not only are all these events free but also well advertised and participation is largely encouraged.

The best thing about Central Michigan University is the friendly (even the animals are friendly) and captivating atmosphere. It is extremely easy to become involved on our campus which allows for the opportunity to meet new people and make meaningful connections. CMU offers close to 200 different clubs and organizations for it's students to join, making it easy to find something you like to do. One of the best things about having a relatively small campus is that once you are involved in a club, the chance that you'll see someone you know in your classes practically doubles.

The best thing about my school would have to be the students, the athletic department, and the campus. The students are always nice and friendly and willing to help with anything. Fellow students create study groups and the library is always open. The successful football and soccer team make going to sports events fun. Central gives away t-shirts and other goodies during the games and they are great events to hangout with friends. The campus is the perfect size. It takes only 15 minutes to walk from one end to the other. Its really an amazing school.

As a newly accepted Chippawa, the thing that I consider the best would be that everyone here is available around the clock and that the school itself is so accepting of many different types of people with different backgrounds. I think that this is an important thing that is helping not only myself but my fellow peers as well. It is creating a more diverse atmosphere as well as putting us in situations with people who have different views than our own. It is better preparing us for the "real" world because this country is also becoming more diverse.

The best thing about CMU was the connections I made throughout my college career. Whether it be teachers, bosses or friends I made along the way, the people seemed to be geniune. It made college more enjoyable, especially with the friends I had. My friends and I didn't have much money, but we always seemed to have a blast and never let financial situations ruin a good time. For $10 bucks, we could have the best experiences on a given day. Obviously, after graduation money becomes more of an issue, but my moneyless friends made college great!

What I consider to be the best about my school is that they are always learning knew things and apply it to their classrooms. Many professors take the initiative to learn more and find out what will help students learn to the best of their abilities. They are always trying to find new ways to help us learn the material faster and easier so when we take our exams, we don?t panic! At Central Michigan University, the environment is definitely student based learning and I am very proud to say that I am apart of this university.

The best thing about Central Michigan University is how everone is so friendly and always willing to help out. All of the staff members go out of there way to help and make sure you have the best college experiance you can have while also as a first priority making sure that you succeed as a student. Also how the staff members have been through almost any stiuation that you can get in and know the best thing to do in any stiuation. That is what I think is the best thing about my school, Central Michigan University.

The best thing about my school would be how the teachers are interested in your education. Bigger public schools in my state are known for coming to class just to teach but my teachers are intersted in my education. They go out of their way to help me with my work such as holding extra meetings, explaining things more than once, and always attending office hours. Not only do I learn more because they want us to succeed but they make me happy to attend classes every day and eager to learn.

The best thing about being a freshman at CMU is dorm life. Being around students like yourself and being able to make friends is awesome. There is always something fun to do when you're bored because you live with a bunch of teenagers who just want to hang out. Also, living in the dorms is safe and comfortable and there is always plenty of food in the cafeterias. Living in the dorms has taught me to be respectful and tolerant of almost everyone I meet, inside or out of the building.

The best thing about my school was the diversity of different cultures blends in one. In todays society diversity has lost its important meaning. Majority of people have shied away from exploring diversity because different cultures have been associated with negative connotation, and the media is to blame for it. It is the job of Universities like Central to enhance the importance of diversity, and that without it; it would be hard to grow intellectually, spiritually and emotionally.