Newark, OH
Central Ohio Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Ohio Technical College

Blaine

The school has a lot to offer to local students, but creates an enormous amount of road blocks that prevent the students from having access to resources they need like advising and other services. The instructors are very hit or miss with some of them being the worst educators I have ever had and some of them being the worst.

Josiah

I like it very much. They seem to have everything figured out, and they are a very credible school considering its size. I really like the feel of it, the staff is usually very helpful. The one thing I would say they could improve on is there pricing. Other than that, they are a very good school.

Chelsie

It's a good school, it doesn't have a lot of the extra stuff, they're more focused on learning what needs to be learned to make you successful, which I find very important and effective. All the professors do their best to teach you and they always make themselves available if you need extra attention. There's always someone there to guide you and assist you to achieve.

Miriam

They are very involved in the community! Each summer they have something that they have called "College Aspire" in the past. This program is for youth ages 12-18 who may attend classes for one week. These classes cover all of the degree programs that Central Ohio Technical College has to offer such as: robotics (engineering), bussiness, cullinary, forensics, photography, and medical madness. When I was twelve I attended the medical madness program and the bussiness program the year after. In medical madness I not only was able to take classes but also become certified in CPR and First-Aid.

Honestly, it starts before being a senior, as a junior I really wish I had started searching for scholarship opportunities. They seem to be the only answer to my education financial need right now. I would start by encouraging myself saying “In a world where you can be anything, be yourself!” Then I would know it was me who was talking. I would continue by pointing out the good things I am doing that may be a lot of work now but worth it in the end, such as: volunteering at the hospital, operation military kids, and keeping a good GPA. These things will help prepare me for scholarship applications and open up other opportunities to continue my higher education along the way. As a college student it is very hard not to get bogged down with the weight of college debt amongst your studies. I would urge myself to take the time and apply for just one new scholarship a day, in order to get as many as possible and pay for my higher education, making it so I don’t have to worry about being in debt for the next twenty years or more.

The thing that frustrates me most about Central Ohio Technical College is the secondary campus classes. I live near their Knox branch, yet every semester I usually have one class that is not offered or is at a very incoveinent time frame on the Knox campus. Hence, I have to drive over an hour to get to the main branch everyday for that class throughout the semsester. This is not only gas money that is not covered by financial aid, but is also a huge waste of time that could be used for studying for that class or other classes.

Elaine

If I could go back in time and give my high school self advice, I would tell myself to take school more seriously. After graduating high school I did not jump right into college, instead I decided to work. This was a tremendous learning experience for me. I now know how vital continuing my education truly is.

A career focused individual.

A person that does not know what they really want to make their profession should not attend this school.

james

go to college now don't delay for 15 years go now and it will all be worth it.

go to college now don't delay for 15 years go now and it will all be worth it.

It is a small community college and I feel that you are able to form a relationship with your professors and get a lot of one on one help that may not be available at larger colleges.

That my dreams are not out of reach. I wish I would have started this journey years ago.

Zara

I would say to myself, "Don't worry about getting a fulltime job right away. Enjoy your time as a normal eighteen year old kid, and concern yourself with money after you have graduated. It seems like it should be really important to be making 25k per year as an eighteen year old, but the money honestly doesn't make up for the experiences you will miss out on. P.S. Do your homework in a timely basis rather than the night before it's due..."

I'd say the best thing about my school is the class size; I have never had more than 35 students in a class. In most cases, the teachers learn everyone's name, which is something I sincerely value.

I wish I had done a little bit more research and applied to Liberal Arts schools so that I would only have to spend one or two quarters at my current school verses a year.

Kim

i have several, most of which i don't know personally, but i have not had any problems with anyone so far.

keep in mind that it's okay if you decide against your major. there is no need to feel pressured into anything. give it a realistic try and see if it works out. college is not as hard as people make it seem sometimes, if you really put your mind to it you can do it. remember, you're going to college for noone besides yourself and you should always keep in mind that this is only a very small time period in your life. enjoy high school while it lasts, but don't be afraid of college, it really isn't that bad.

i dont think anyone shouldn't attend this school.

Joanna

I would tell myself that college is what I make of it. College life is very different from high school and living at home with your parents. They will not be there to make you go bed or to check you homework. I would remind myself that it will be up to me to go to class and study. You have alot more freedom in college and I would tell myself that it is my responsiability and mine alone to make sure I get the grades that I know I can get. I would also let it be known that college can be very expensive and hard for some parents to pay, so don't throw your parents money away. I would tell my self to get involed in a group or club this is a good way to make friends and better yourself as a person. College can be fun, exciting, and a new adventure take advantage of this oppuritunty don't waste it .

Danielle

I escaped the financial burden of a university but also get the campus feel because COTC shares the newark campus with Ohio State.

I would tell myself, "Make the best grades you can. Aim for A's but don't stress out too much. As long as you try your best you will succeed. College isn't only about educational learning, you learn a lot about yourself, your friends, and life in general. Don't take anything for granted, and live life the way you want to."

Someone who should not attend the school does not exist. This school is great for anyone. People who are continuing their education or someone looking to take a few classes and then transfer. I would recommend it to everyone.

Central Ohio Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.