Charlotte, NC
Central Piedmont Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Piedmont Community College

Shalom

My school is best known for its diversity. There are different age groups as well as cultures on the campus. Each classroom is filled with different ideas due to the opinions from people who had different experiences. Every day, you meet someone different and you are constantly learning something new. Although the unavailability of dorms may not allow you to connect with a specific group of people, you still meet different people each semester. There are also different community service opportunities offered that help students get involved in campus activities and also ameliorate their resumes.

The most important advice I would give myself would be researching and applying for scholarships early in the year, even the summer before my senior year commence. Going to college is a process that takes time and planning and it cannot be done in months before graduation. A year may not even be sufficient. Grades, extracurricular activities and sports are important when getting into college, but nothing comes easy and you should never limit yourself. The mistake I made was relying on a full scholarship based on my grades and activities I was involved in. I would tell myself to consider other plans in order to be fully covered before I apply for colleges. In addition, the most known colleges are not necessarily where I should consider going. Sometimes researching several colleges and seeing where I fit best will be better. College can be filled with experiences everywhere you go, and you have to make it the way you want it. I would tell myself to have a better plan for the years I will be spending in college. Life has surprises and you never know what it reserves for you. Research is key for a better college experience.

Education comes at a high price, and finding the most efficient form of education that will not put you in debt before you graduate is priceless. Most of my friends decided to go four-year universities and some of them took out loans for their first year. I brag about the cost of the tuition in the college I attend compared to theirs. In addition, I am still taking classes that I would be taking if I were attending a four-year university my first two years. I can definitely say I am living the full college experience my way.

Amber

My classmates was so good and they all ae helpful to me.

My classmates was so good and they all ae helpful to me.

Firstly, I would say how hard its in high school don't dropout from high school. it means dont give up just surrender yourself means ask teacher or someone who can help with those problem. Study hard in high school get good grades and graduted form high school with high rank. Don"t scare to come college just register and do your best later you will realize that you will never gets scare when u been to college once. you feels like you want to comes there again soon. All teacher and the environment of college makes you feels Great. you yourself feels different like oh I am a college student now. when I was in high school before i feels like college life is different but its not that. Being a college student makes me feels Awesome. so again I encourage high school student to graduated soon and came to college.

All teacher they teach very well and if we help they were always there for us. And school environment is so good it makes me feels stay there always.

Devante

Knowing what I know now, I would tell my high school self that trying to take the easy road only makes things harder in the end. Every year counts in high school, not just your junior and senior years. I would tell myself to listen to my family, counselors, and teachers because at the end of the day, they're only looking out for your own benefit.

I wish i would have went to a university first, i wish i knew how hard it would be to transfer out of the college.

People who want a small campus with small classes for more direct contact with the teachers should go to CPCC.

Central Piedmont Community College might be a community college, but the teachers of my college, teach very well and they are willing to spend their time to get us to pass our classes, and also, we have enough restaurants around our school to eat while we are learning.

I would have told myself to keep searching for scholarships to pay for school, and also, I would tell myself to sign up for internships to pay for college. I would advise myself to take more college level classes, so later that I would have to pay for so many classes for college. Most important of all, I would warn myself to take the SAT and the Placement tests more seriously.

Central Piedmont Community College needs more entertainments around school area for more funding and the entertainment can keep the students entertain.

Sapphire

I was not able to finish high school due to the fact that I got pregnant, but I did go back and get my GED graduating before my intended class. If I could go back and talk to myself I would tell myself you have your entire life to make careless mistakes. Dont take for granted your education and the strength in having a career/proffession. I would stress to myself not to be scared of what the world has to offer, school is your driving force to be more than you ever thought you could be. College is very necessary in helping people find themselves in many different ways. The transition from high school to college is one of the scariest but most rewarding experiences of your life, so dont wait , don't procrastinate. Just go for it, you will never regret going to school and excelling in all it has to offer. College is a significant key to unlocking your dreams. This is definitely what you want even if you dont know it yet. You will see on your first day the empowerment college can make you feel. College is the beginning of forever; your forever, so goodluck.

This school is definitely a good place to begin. If you are confused about the career you would like to excel in then this would be the perfect place to be. This scholl will help you discover yourself, it will help you decide exactly what you want to do for the rest of your life. The teachers are the driving force in this school making every student feel that they have the potential to go as far as they need to go.

I could honestly say that I like my school and everything that it offers. I am one of those people who like an intimate environment and Central Piedmont Communit College definitely have the potential to give a person that.

Jasmine

My school provides you with the help and knowledge you need to know for your future.

My classmates are the most ambitious & helpful people you could ever meet.

The advice that I would give would be to prepare myself for three or four page essay papers. I would give the advice that reading is the most important part of understanding and passing the courses. Unlike college, your teachers or professors don't constantly remind you of assignments that are due. Keeping up with your work and knowing when they are suppose to be turned in is very important. I would also give the advice that listening and attending every class meeting is very significant. When your in college, your basically on your own. You are the person that has to manage your time, you are the person telling yourself to study and be on time for your classes. College life is what you make it to be, if you make it hard then it will be hard. College life makes you more of an independent person. In highschool your depending on your teacher to give you that worksheet that you missed. College life is totally different from that and it also changes your life.

Sheena

Three words: Take your time. Take time to really think about what you are going to do with your life and what you want to get out of college. Take time to meet interesting people and forge relationships that will last forever. Take time to do your schoolwork and meet with your professors, you never know when you may need their assistance. Take time to enjoy yourself, in moderation. I worked really hard my first semester, pushing myself the way I did in high school. Do not do that. Join a club, play a sport or just set aside time for something you enjoy. Remember from where you came. You might need to go back one day. Take time to go home and let your family and friends see the person you are growing up to be. Take time off work if you get a job. Do not always be there at their beckoned call, school should be your first priority. One day your job will be important but right now it's just a means to an end. Take time to find out who you are and never change it for anyone.

It is very difficult to be sure that you are taking the right classes. Your advisor is listed on your transcript but is not always the same each year.

Taneia

My classmates are very interesting.

My classmates are very interesting.

If i could back in time and talk to myself as a high school senoir, knowing what I know about college life and making the transition i would tell my self how hard it is. I would tell my self that it's nothing like high school. I would explain how important your education is, because without an education you wont make it in the real world. Before now you could get a job with just a high school diploma. Nowadays you need more than that, you need a high school diploma and a college degree. I think what I am trying say is that life is short to just let it pass by you. You don't want to be one of the people who wake up one day and realize their unhappy, and wish they would have went to college and really lived there life. Stay in school you wont regret it.

When Itell my friends about my school I brag most about the cute boy's that go to my school. That stuff is not really true, not all of them are cute. Alot of the boys are really ugly, or there just weird.

Kendall

If i could go back in time, I would tell myself to win myself as much scolarships as much as I can. Get a part time job first, so that you raise enough money to help along the way and possibly help your parents get you a laptop and your own transportation ( a truck, for example). The teachers will give you a deadline for any assignment they give you, so be prepared. Choose your classes wisely. There are some classes that starts only Mondays and Wednesdays and there are some classes that start only on Tuesday, Thursdays, even Saturday. And there are some that start in the midnight hours, early in the morning, and in the evening. So get plenty of rest and be prepared.

The best thing about Central Piedmont Community College is that you can get a discount for your food purchase from certain resturants near the college campus and you can get a discount for art supplies for school too. The other thing is that the teachers are very friendly and patient towards the students.

Actually, any type of person can participate (or attend for that matter) in CPCC. Whether your African American, Asian, Arabian, Caucasian, or even handicapped, your still eligible to attend Central Community College.

Teri

Central Piedmont Community College is best known as a transition school. It is a great place for fellow students to go and gain knowledge for future degrees. It is also a way to save money until going forth with education at universities.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself get off of that couch and quit being lazy! It?s your senior year you should be living it up with your friends, and figuring out what the next chapter in your life holds. You should be studying every chance you get to make sure that your study habits, and grades are up to par for the transition into college. Stop worrying bout what everyone else is doing make sure that you perform to your highest potential. Take advantage to all the resources that you are given at school; this can help you make decisions about colleges, programs, and grants all easier. Follow your gut on a lot of decisions, and feelings because it will pay off for you in the future. Try to take classes that are going to help you with your degree and not just to feel in a gap in your schedule. Trust me it will pay off when you already have some knowledge behind you. Lastly enjoy the experience because this will be the best experience of your life!!

The people that should not attend this school are students who are not interested in furthering their career with education. Students who are not willing to work hard or study are should not attend. You have to have motivation and will power to attend.

Central Piedmont Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.