Charlotte, NC
Central Piedmont Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Piedmont Community College

Kaitlin

Throughout high school, we students were constantly being frightened by the teachers about what college would be like. Not only was this discouraging, it was misconstrued and made out to be so much worse and hard than it actually is. Teachers should help students prepare and not in the way of scaring them to make them work harder. Also, one very good idea is to attend a community college before a university so as to not make money, homesickness, and dorm parties an obstacle to success. Community college is a way of dipping into the ocean, not plunging right in.

I wish I had known my first semester that I could be as specific as I wanted about what classes I was interested in taking.

The classes are small and personal. You receieve quality teaching for a reasonable price.

Robert

Overall, high school has been an incredible learning experience. This schooling process has brought up not only education, but wisedom and morality. High school has only been in a prepatory period in my life to get me set to start my life as a young adult. In doing so I have been granted plenty of leeway by teachers, parents or any adult understanding that mistakes are a basis in the life of a teenager. With that said, my advice to myself would be to not underestimate the challenges brought to me by the future. Second chances were a must in public high schools but it's a different world in college. Put all of your effort into what you do and know that you recieve as well of a reward as the fight you put to get there.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the fact that it's a community college. Reason being is that the students don't grasp the full college experience that every high school graduate looks forward to. Living on campus and being arounds thousands of people percieving the same goal is mainly known to be the thrill of the college experience.

The one thing about my school I would have to brag about is the option to relocate to a campus near home. My friends drive up to half an hour away from their homes to get to and from school. The campus nearest my home is only a short, ten minute drive.

June

I attended high school 30 years ago and it all seems like a dream I had about someone elses life. The woman and student I am now is so different from the girl and high school student I was back in 1980. I was in such a hurry to get out of school, get married, and become an adult. I have often wondered what I would change if I went back. The first thing I would tell myself is to slow down and enjoy this year. I would advise myself to become more involved in my community and less involved in the drama that surrounded my personal life because my contributions to my community would be more lasting. I would tell myself to work hard, and study because the feeling of success that doing well in school is one of the most worthy feelings that I will have throughout my life. I would share with myself the need to go to college and the impact that an education has on an adults life in later years. I would encourage myself to stop being afraid and just go for it because to reject myself is far more painful than rejection itself.

The thing I love about Central Piedmont Community College is that you may not have attended a class like myself in 30 years and CPCC has a way for you to start again. At CPCC new beginning are encouraged and celebrated. When you walk into that classroom for the first time with your knees shaking from fear, CPCC is standing on the sidelines coaching you, cheering you on, and finding a way for you to succeed. I had to go through all the developmental maths but guess what, it was worth it. Thanks to CPCC my future is bright.

I brag about my professors such as Bryan McFadden who was an amazing online professor that brought Geography to life in an online class. I brag about Hugh Dussek who ignited in me a love for history through his animated lectures, which was so unexpected. I brag about Greta Zandstra who can make drama appreciation interesting. I rave about Rinav Mehta who breaks math down so that anyone can understand it . I brag about Peggy Rivers who taught me to paint and I have sold to painting since her last class!. I brag about how CPCC changed my life!

Central Piedmont Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.