Charlotte, NC
Central Piedmont Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Piedmont Community College

Sapphire

I was not able to finish high school due to the fact that I got pregnant, but I did go back and get my GED graduating before my intended class. If I could go back and talk to myself I would tell myself you have your entire life to make careless mistakes. Dont take for granted your education and the strength in having a career/proffession. I would stress to myself not to be scared of what the world has to offer, school is your driving force to be more than you ever thought you could be. College is very necessary in helping people find themselves in many different ways. The transition from high school to college is one of the scariest but most rewarding experiences of your life, so dont wait , don't procrastinate. Just go for it, you will never regret going to school and excelling in all it has to offer. College is a significant key to unlocking your dreams. This is definitely what you want even if you dont know it yet. You will see on your first day the empowerment college can make you feel. College is the beginning of forever; your forever, so goodluck.

This school is definitely a good place to begin. If you are confused about the career you would like to excel in then this would be the perfect place to be. This scholl will help you discover yourself, it will help you decide exactly what you want to do for the rest of your life. The teachers are the driving force in this school making every student feel that they have the potential to go as far as they need to go.

I could honestly say that I like my school and everything that it offers. I am one of those people who like an intimate environment and Central Piedmont Communit College definitely have the potential to give a person that.

Jasmine

My school provides you with the help and knowledge you need to know for your future.

My classmates are the most ambitious & helpful people you could ever meet.

The advice that I would give would be to prepare myself for three or four page essay papers. I would give the advice that reading is the most important part of understanding and passing the courses. Unlike college, your teachers or professors don't constantly remind you of assignments that are due. Keeping up with your work and knowing when they are suppose to be turned in is very important. I would also give the advice that listening and attending every class meeting is very significant. When your in college, your basically on your own. You are the person that has to manage your time, you are the person telling yourself to study and be on time for your classes. College life is what you make it to be, if you make it hard then it will be hard. College life makes you more of an independent person. In highschool your depending on your teacher to give you that worksheet that you missed. College life is totally different from that and it also changes your life.

Sheena

Three words: Take your time. Take time to really think about what you are going to do with your life and what you want to get out of college. Take time to meet interesting people and forge relationships that will last forever. Take time to do your schoolwork and meet with your professors, you never know when you may need their assistance. Take time to enjoy yourself, in moderation. I worked really hard my first semester, pushing myself the way I did in high school. Do not do that. Join a club, play a sport or just set aside time for something you enjoy. Remember from where you came. You might need to go back one day. Take time to go home and let your family and friends see the person you are growing up to be. Take time off work if you get a job. Do not always be there at their beckoned call, school should be your first priority. One day your job will be important but right now it's just a means to an end. Take time to find out who you are and never change it for anyone.

It is very difficult to be sure that you are taking the right classes. Your advisor is listed on your transcript but is not always the same each year.

Taneia

My classmates are very interesting.

My classmates are very interesting.

If i could back in time and talk to myself as a high school senoir, knowing what I know about college life and making the transition i would tell my self how hard it is. I would tell my self that it's nothing like high school. I would explain how important your education is, because without an education you wont make it in the real world. Before now you could get a job with just a high school diploma. Nowadays you need more than that, you need a high school diploma and a college degree. I think what I am trying say is that life is short to just let it pass by you. You don't want to be one of the people who wake up one day and realize their unhappy, and wish they would have went to college and really lived there life. Stay in school you wont regret it.

When Itell my friends about my school I brag most about the cute boy's that go to my school. That stuff is not really true, not all of them are cute. Alot of the boys are really ugly, or there just weird.

Kendall

If i could go back in time, I would tell myself to win myself as much scolarships as much as I can. Get a part time job first, so that you raise enough money to help along the way and possibly help your parents get you a laptop and your own transportation ( a truck, for example). The teachers will give you a deadline for any assignment they give you, so be prepared. Choose your classes wisely. There are some classes that starts only Mondays and Wednesdays and there are some classes that start only on Tuesday, Thursdays, even Saturday. And there are some that start in the midnight hours, early in the morning, and in the evening. So get plenty of rest and be prepared.

The best thing about Central Piedmont Community College is that you can get a discount for your food purchase from certain resturants near the college campus and you can get a discount for art supplies for school too. The other thing is that the teachers are very friendly and patient towards the students.

Actually, any type of person can participate (or attend for that matter) in CPCC. Whether your African American, Asian, Arabian, Caucasian, or even handicapped, your still eligible to attend Central Community College.

Teri

Central Piedmont Community College is best known as a transition school. It is a great place for fellow students to go and gain knowledge for future degrees. It is also a way to save money until going forth with education at universities.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself get off of that couch and quit being lazy! It?s your senior year you should be living it up with your friends, and figuring out what the next chapter in your life holds. You should be studying every chance you get to make sure that your study habits, and grades are up to par for the transition into college. Stop worrying bout what everyone else is doing make sure that you perform to your highest potential. Take advantage to all the resources that you are given at school; this can help you make decisions about colleges, programs, and grants all easier. Follow your gut on a lot of decisions, and feelings because it will pay off for you in the future. Try to take classes that are going to help you with your degree and not just to feel in a gap in your schedule. Trust me it will pay off when you already have some knowledge behind you. Lastly enjoy the experience because this will be the best experience of your life!!

The people that should not attend this school are students who are not interested in furthering their career with education. Students who are not willing to work hard or study are should not attend. You have to have motivation and will power to attend.

Molly

If I could go back to my senior year and talk to myself about college, I would say that you need to focus on school instead of making friends and socializing. You should also try a small community college first and get some experience in the work load of college and what is expected of a college student. This will give you the opportunity to make sure you have choosen the right career path and to assure that you are ready for college and the challenges you will face ahead. I would tell myself that you need to do the work when it is assigned and not wait till the very last minute to complete your work, that it would be very diffucult to keep up in class if you put things off.

I wish that before I came to CPCC that i had taken some college classes at my high school to better prepare for college work. Also i tried a University last semester and did poorly because I was not prepared and had a difficult first semester. I found that living in a dorm with three other girls was also quite difficult because I wasn't used to the living situation.

Dawn

My school is diverse, because there are people there from different social, economic, cultural, and generational backgrounds.

I would describe my classmates as young and just starting to discover life.

I would say to soak in the experience and enjoy yourself. This is the most carefree time in your life where you don't have to worry about anything but passing your classes. Don't worry about what your career will be because you will probably change your mind 10 years down the road. College is not about learning the information, but about learning how to learn. Most of the things you learn in class, you will forget, but you will remember how to find the information when you need it. Use your time in college to learn social skills and make lifelong friends. It really is about who you know. The contacts you make in college may become important to you later in life. Finally, don't be too serious. There will be tons of time for that when you are out in the real world with a family, house and career to stress. Remember that if it will not make a difference in your life 10 years from now, it is not worth your stress.

aleksandr

According to some of my syudies of my coolage, i have found out that cpcc is ranked as the top ten collages and they are all spread out in charlotte north carilina.

Well Alex, I see that you are going to become a collage freshman. You might think that all you do in collage is party and have loads of fun; well let me tell you something, you are wrong. Collage is a very educational environment and if you lack studying then I feel sorry for you. The finances that you would have to pay are going to be over the top of your head. The class themselves could cover about one thousand to two thousand dollars. When I went to collage I thought that the professors give text books to us, but I was wrong. The books that are required for the class are needed to be bought from your own pocket. The books can be bought at the college campus or they could be purchased on internet. Collage is a place of education but you have one chance to make it right so don?t mess up.

The thing that i consider to be the best about my school is that it allows people with single parents to join a collage and advance with thier education. I am going to become a Phycian assistint and from my reasearch, i have not found a collage that could help me with finances and with the program in witch i am enrolled in.

Kaitlin

Throughout high school, we students were constantly being frightened by the teachers about what college would be like. Not only was this discouraging, it was misconstrued and made out to be so much worse and hard than it actually is. Teachers should help students prepare and not in the way of scaring them to make them work harder. Also, one very good idea is to attend a community college before a university so as to not make money, homesickness, and dorm parties an obstacle to success. Community college is a way of dipping into the ocean, not plunging right in.

I wish I had known my first semester that I could be as specific as I wanted about what classes I was interested in taking.

The classes are small and personal. You receieve quality teaching for a reasonable price.

Central Piedmont Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.