Central Piedmont Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Central Piedmont Community College

CPCC is a fantastic school. I took dual-enrollment courses at CP when I was in High School, and I learned a lot and felt more prepared for college than I would have without the CP classes. Many of the professors were very willing to help me if I ever had any difficulties. Many of my professors had a passion for teaching, and they wanted us to learn and enjoy learning.

Rachelle

Central Piedmont is a great college with a fantastic staff and administration that truly cares about their students. The instructors know what they teach like the back of their hand and the administration always focuses on student needs. For the student body, everyone has been absolutely kind and encouraging as everyone come from different backgrounds and from a wide range of life experiences.

Karmen

CPCC is a great school, but depending on the campus you attend, you may have a different opinion. I attended the Harper campus which is fairly small, but it is nice. The classrooms are large and the professors are nice. The work is not too overbearing and the after school activities are fun,

Anaya

I think it is a great college to enroll in, but if you do online you may have a struggle keeping up with new material. In class, you have a teacher with you to assist you for anything you need help with.

Archer

The teachers are really supportive. If you have questions do not be afraid to ask or email. The education quality is amazing for the price they offer and many credits transfer in the UNC system. It is like a mix of trade school and college since there are so many class options to choose from.

Ali

A very good college to get started on your path to success if you wish to do next to anything. The professors are always there to help students with their work and help them improve what they see as faults. Overall it is a very good place to get your higher education started.

Dylan

My name is Jason Dylan Williams, I started attending Central Piedmont Community College in the Fall of 2015. I was a part of a program that let High School students enroll in college early. At the time I was taking 2 High School classes and 3 College courses at the same time. It was very challenging at times but I soon learned to love the work. I decided to stay at CPCC for more semesters. after my third semester i found and joined the drama club and found my true calling, I loved the arts. CPCC has helped me realize what I truly want to do with my life. I want to be in front of the camera and behind the camera too. I want to become a great comedian and an amazing photographer too.

I love this college! I love that you can pick your schedules and the staff is incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. The advisors are helpful and find the answers you need. I recommend this college for people who want to go back to school full time or just to slowly further their degree! The curriculum is versatile and the campuses are localized. They have everything you would want in a community college!

Kaeli

Central Piedmont Community College has made a fantastic impression on me. I have loved all my teachers so far and the facilities are well kept. The classmates and professors are of all kinds of backgrounds. Most class sizes are about 28 people so it is not too crowded. I was able to find out about more degrees and certificates they had which gave me plenty of options to decide for a major and to learn about. There is easy access to food, activities, and more. The trolley comes through the campus so there is free transportation between the hospital to the campus to the epicenter.

Sebastian

It is a very calm campus to be at, near the city, has shops nearby, and has a good library to study at with your classmates. The teachers are very friendly and there to help if asked to do so, and I have good relationships with my teachers. They also host special activities in the school to help the student body feel closer to one another.

Matthew

I have been going to Central Piedmont Community College for three and a half years. I took part in their middle college program in high school and am now attending as a full time student. When I attended as a regular student, I found that there was plenty of opportunities to excel. Professors were generally helpful and offered assistance to students who needed it. Class sizes were fairly small which makes the classrooms a good learning environment. As an engineering student, I believe CPCC is an adequate college. The school offers plenty of opportunities for engineering and science students to excel. Their main campus contains a technology building which allows students to expand their knowledge of modern technology and it includes plenty of staff to assist students. They also offer several engineering classes that transfer to most North Carolina Universities which allows transfer students to make the most out of their time there. In all CPCC is a fairly good college.

michaela

This a great college to begin with before transferring to a university or to get a certification. There are so many helpful resources offered and they are great at helping you transfer and choose classes.

Sydney

I love CPCC because there are about 8 different campuses and the school offers a variety of degrees of two-year programs. The Central Campus that I attend is extremely beautiful with a nice view of uptown Charlotte. You can easily walk up to different stores and eateries around the Central Campus. The professors are extremely helpful and although this is a community college I believe CPCC takes academics very serious. One reason I would recommend CPCC is because it is so much cheaper to take your general aid courses here first and then transfer to a 4-year college. The expenses are so much cheaper and saved my family a TON of money. I am off to UNCC now but no worries; I have saved up my money and I'm taken my experiences from my 2-year college to my 4-year college!

Simeon

It's cool. There are people to meet, and teachers to teach. There is a shopping center down the street; which is very convenient for afterschool fun. As far as clubs go, the school has an: SGA, Foreign language, Soccer club, etc. I believe the school has one library (which has four level, and is a good average size). The school also has events going on, such as: plays, book signing, orchestra concerts, etc.

Mehmet

I like Levine campus the most. Central campus is a little dirty and overcrowded sometimes. Levine is in a safer environment as well. The website for cpcc needs to be change/redesigned. It is way too complicated and just looks ugly overall. It's hard to register for classes because you have to literally make sure you check every classes time. The times that I can't pick a class (because it overlaps with one I'm already taking) should be greyed out/un clickable. I hate the overall design though. Makes the school look cheap. They should also include every professors name for each class so we know who we're taking.

Sheeza

It is a nice place to be to take classes, and be safe. I am a very shy student, but i am getting over my shyness because the school has to give a lot to its students. I am glad that i attending CPCC because everything is just so nice here. All the staff and faculty members are friendly and helpful.

Tamara

Central Piedmont Community College is an excellent school. The counselors help you get into the classes as needed. Coming in as a tranfer student they helped me get me the information I needed to graduate with a degree. I would recommend this school to all that are trying to transfer to a four year college and who is trying to further there education.

It is a great place for all students regardless of High School performance. The staff is dedicated and works hard to get you where ever it is you seek to go after graduation. A vast majority of students are highly motivated and willing to help each other​.

It's a nice calm quiet school and I like how you can be in the hall and you don't have to many distractions to deal with. I love you the class sizes are small enough so the teachers know your names and interacts with the class more. I have made a lot of new friends that I thought I wouldn't make.

Briana

My overall opinion of Central Piedmont Community College is that, if you're looking for a College that doesn't waste any academic time, then this is the college for you. I personally wish this was an interactive, out-going college. The professors are always accessible, but aren't always willing to help, nor are students really their main priority. This is my reason for three out of five stars for Central Piedmont Community College.

Kiser

It is a great school with lots of great qualified teachers.

Jaiden

There are 5 Central Piedmont Community College campuses around the city. The one I attend this semester is the Levine campus and the campus is nice. It has a lot of facilities and resources for the students to use, the custodians and students keep the campus clean and there is a lake with a fountain behind the campus which is very pretty and relaxing. The only food options on campus is a subway and an off-brand bakery cafe. The teachers are nice and helpful (especially my math teach). Cpcc offers activities to students like volunteering and clubs.

Isatou

My overall opinion of Central Piedmont Community College: It is a good school with great academic programs, affordable tuition cost and provides lots of resources to utilize on students path toward becoming a lifelong learner. CPCC also provides a safe and positive learning environment for students of all ages, race and backgrounds.

Faith

Excellent.

Alisha

CPCC is a good place to further your education. I began taking classes at the school because it is convenient to my workplace. I have since found this institution to be a great place to learn. I enjoy attending classes, interacting with my fellow classmates and utilizing the resources available to us on campus. I feel it a privilege to attend this school.

Central Piedmont has many campuses located throughout Charlotte. However, not all the campuses offer a lot of choice when it comes to classes. The Central and Levine campuses offer the most classes. The school also has a great online program. Everyone at the school is typically there to get what they need done and leave so while the academics are great do not expect a huge social scene.

jared

It was a necessary and smart decision money wise. I loved my professors. I do no and will never claim it as "my school" of choice. I grew as a person and found that my professors were in reach (for the most part). Good school, but a stepping stone in my schooling. I didn't really hang out with other kids that much, I went in and did my classes and went to work. I'm sure there was drugs and alcohol but I don't take part in that.

Jenna

I think it has a beautiful campus, and has a bevy of beneficial amenities. The academics are great, and the professors are easily reachable. I feel like I've gained the academic tools necessary to transfer to a four year university. However, I wish there were more things to do around campus. Also, there is a lot of construction which can be a bit frustrating. However, the students and faculty are extremely friendly, and have made this experience at Central Piedmont Community College very pleasurable and memorable.

Jewel

I think this a great community college, especially because they participate in the Career and College Promise program, which is a dual-enrollment program that allows high school students like myself to gain college credits and even get their Associates Degree (like I currently am working towards) while also finishing high school. Although I do not get to experience every aspect of being an adult college student because of my age, I still that their campus is a wonderful environment to grow as an individual and meet new people. The curriculum is also delightfully challenging with instructors who are always willing to help students in any way that they can, and the urban setting of the campus gives it a nice fast-paced and lively ambiance for those who like this sort of campus setup.

Janae

There are plenty of opportunities for help in what you need i.e. job search, tutoring, career search, extracurricular activities, etc. The campuses are pretty laid-back. I am glad that a facility like this is created because tuition is cheaper. The class sizes are small as well. which is good for more focus.

Jordain

CPCC has a very clean and beautiful campus. The class sizes are small, about 30 students per teacher. Out of all of my professors so far, almost all of them deeply cared about the subjects and the students. There are several teachers per subject, so there is an abundance of freedom regarding class schedules. Each semester is very affordable and the school has great financial aid advisers that help with saving as much money as possible.

Siobhan

I feel as though Central Pediment is a good place to start off. It's especially good if you don't know exactly what you want to do yet, but don't want to waste your money or your time. Overall the school gives you the university feel with its open campus and large array of classes . Except with a nice since of safety and community.

Erica

CPCC is a place where you can go during high school to earn college credits, or just your typical every day community college. The staff there is pretty nice and the classes overall are okay. Some of the students' immaturity could be vastly improved on, but other than that it's a decent school that hopes to encourage you and help you succeed.

Kathy

This is one of the most caring facility I have attend and would recommend other to come and attend if they are looking to have a feel and see if this is something they want to do. You broaden your mind and open up to more thing in life that what we are doing now. The facility and the advisor are there to assist you if any problem or situation you might be going through. They have tutoring online and in school. They are there to support you until you reach you end and graduate. I recommend every one to drop in school. Try it you might like it, I did.

Dante

Central Piedmont Community College was an outstanding institution. Though people may have mixed feelings about community college, the courses were all rigorous and they challenged you. All the faculty and staff were there for the students to ensure our success as we strive for a higher education. The professors were very much accessible to the students with an email, phone number, text message, and they would reply immediately. Overall Central Piedmont Community College was an amazing experience and at an affordable price; to make sure that no student leaves with debt for trying to achieve a higher education.

Nicholas

The college has many campus' all over charlotte, so you could easily find a way to get a class here. The work is mostly on computers. Blackboard and Moodle are what I generally use to turn in assignments. Sometimes you might find a teacher who only takes assignments in their hand, but not usually. There aren't many threats on campus and the people are mostly friendly. if you are looking for a couple easy and cheap years to start off your college education than this is the place to come.

Peter

Central Piedmont Community College (or CP, for short) is overall an average community colleges. It's not the worst in its area; but there are certainly better ones, with more options, and better faculty. The faculty here at CP is highly variable in quality. I go from an English professor who isn't proficient in basic grammatical constructs to an Art History Survey instructor who has been a professor at Florida State University for 26+ years before he moved to our smaller school. The gamut of instructors is one the school's great weaknesses because of the variability in their quality. There are a few classes that adhere well to their syllabus, and fewer instructors that actually care about student success and adhere to a doctrine of assisting students through each semester. Some of them teach critical thinking, some of them teach what they think about the material, some of them actually don't even cover the material in class. The great difference from professor to professor makes this a very inconsistent college. Student life is highly lacking; and most of the students I talk to don't really care about college life or learning in general. Overall, this is a lacking college that needs better faculty and an appeal to a gamut of students who desire knowledge and learning more effectively.

Tom

Excellent community college that prepares you well for a 4 year institution.

Savannah

Central Piedmont is a great option if you are wanting to enroll in early college, transfer to a university, or you are an adult who is coming back to take some college classes. It is super affordable and a good starting point if you are just wanting to ease in to the "college life." This community college has six different campuses all around Charlotte which makes it extremely accessible for students all around the community to attend. The main central campus has an amazing view of the city which makes studying a little bit easier because of the beautiful view. The campuses are super clean, safe, and not too big, which I enjoyed. The college had a handful of clubs and volunteer activities but I wish that they had more in order to fit everyone's different interests. I do not feel that the academic aspect of the school is the best mainly because a lot of the time I felt as if I was teaching myself, or reading from a book rather than having my professor actually engage with me or produce activities that allowed me to learn and understand the content in a different way. The college offers a various amount of courses that come from all different subjects. It is easy to earn your general education classes and makes the transferring process easy. I would recommend this college and I am glad that I chose the pathway of going here first and then transferring to a four year university.

Diara

Central Piedmont Community College is the best option for students who want a great education at a low cost. In just two years you can recieve you associate's degree and at less than half the cost of a four year university. There are lots of extracurricular activities to get involved with as well as multiple campuses to learn in. Going to CPCC allowed me to continue my education while also saving enough money to buy a used car and help my family in a time of crisis. Without the support of my teachers and counselors at CPCC I do not know where I'd be today.

Bhoomi

It's a very good campus. Teachers are able to help you out. Academic vise it's a very good place to be to learn. Extracurricular activities available to all those students who wants to join. Class size is small where teacher can help out all the students 1 to 1. Overall CPCC is very good college to be in.

Maria

I think if you are looking to save money it's a good place to go but I didn't care for it too much. I found most students didn't want to be there and it was hard to make friends. Students tend to go to class and then leave, maybe because it's a community college and not a university.

Eulisa

Needs a lot of improvement. Now nothing is ever organized. The teachers are hard to fine. When you talk to in a visor some advises tell you one thing in other advisers will tell you another. It becomes very frustrating when you figure out last minute you have to do something different than what you was told

Jenna

It is a good place to start out when you do not have enough money for a University. It is much better when you get involved in the community. I joined a few organizations with some nice people and we do a lot for the school and community. The Summer Bridge program was also good.

Saynyeneyjay

I think that Central Piedmont Community College is underrated. There are so many opportunities to take and academic programs offered and it is simply amazing. For the most part, the professors seem very understanding, as long as one participates in class and show that they are trying their best.

Kyara

Central Piedmont Community College is a great program for people who want to save money but still get a good education. There is always an adviser on campus to help you with your academic schedule and make sure your on the right track. You have bookstores and shops available for students to get whatever they need. There is no on-campus housing because it is a community college however there are extracurricular activities and groups that will get you noticed by universities and there is activities that will look good on your transcripts.

Alexis

Great community college that offers all those wanting to learn a chance to do so. Very safe and well maintained. Its affordable to those that require it and advisors are there fo.r those that may require extra assistance. Several facilities to choose from but all are in a good location. Never any regrets.

Alexis

all the cpcc campuses are nice, the community is great, and there seems to be plenty of amazing opportunities. I am excited to be attending there next fall and to be able to get a excellent education at a affordable price. I think cpcc is a great option for anyone looking for to further their education.

Bryan

Central Piedmont Community College overall has provided me huge amounts of access to its technology lab and library resources. Majority of the time out of class, I am in the library working on assignments in peace and quiet. The area is safe and secure despite some incidents; the security swiftly took care of any situations that could possibly escalate. Simply put, the security, availability of professors and library/technology resources are available during business days. Great institution!

Abigale

i have only been an online student because i work so much and its really hard for me to pay for school. i only live 20 minutes away but since i am out of state i have to pay triple the cost and in school scholarships dont apply to me just because i am out of state. some online teachers are awesome and email you back, others should not be online teachers, they respond late or very rude. i take my education very very seriously and i feel like i am left out of a lot just because i am out of state. central campus i don't like being alone at, i alway get emails about sexual assault, somebody with a gun, or men taking photos of girls and that has made me also want to continue classes online.