Central State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Central State University

Armanii

I love Central State University. I plan to transfer there in the fall 2017

Rebekah

The school overall is an amazing experience. There's nothing like attending a HBCU but at the same time getting a hold of someone about a problem, you might as well try to handle it yourself because they will try their best to not help you until it gets so serious you have to talk to the president, then again you cant even get a hold of her. The classroom experience is amazing and you meet a lot of different personalities at one place. This school is most def. a party school, so stay focused and keep a good group of friends to keep you motivated. Sodexo needs to go though. Complete trash

Jordan

Central State is a good school. I am in the marching band so i don't get to see alot of things. but I feel like their is not alot of opportunities on faculty supporting the students and hearing students because the staff and administrative does not know more than the students know.

Vandi

great school

Sydny

Central is not a bad school. However, it is only what you make of it. It has you're basic needs to get an education but nothing more, nothing less. There are also a lot of people who are not really there to go to school. But as long as you're focused on your goals you should be good. No excuses = Much success!

DaCynice

I am a Fall 2016 student at Central State University and I enjoy every visit there I love the campus and the people. I am from Cleveland and its close to home but not too close my bestfriend is there so i won't be alone & My mother and a lot of other family members are alumni so I am very excited about going to school there.

Sandria

I love my HBCU! Every school has its problems, so it’s not perfect, but I don’t see myself being at any other school. Central State is more than just a college full of students going to get their degree, but it is a family. You leave there with really good friends that will stay around forever. Also, the faculty there is amazing because they want you to succeed and achieve your aspirations in life just as much as you do and I love that about my school!

Joi

Central state university is a great campus for students who wants to be at a HBCU university without a Very large student body.

Stefhon

My Overall Opinion About Central State University It's a great University yes it's a hbcu but are school very diversity. Central State give that home feeling so you don't get home sick when you on campus. The activists on campus is great the University also have something for from educational events to just having fun with our peers. Central State also offer free tutoring to the students who are struggling in certain classes. I also like how they rewarded the one's with good grades I love Central State and I don't think I could go to an another school.

David

It is a great college and I look forward to attend in the fall 2018 if my family is able to raise enough money. It has the school environment and educational opportunity that I am looking for. My overall opinion of Central State University is great because it focuses on shaping the future of the students by providing support, leadership, and expertise.

Omari

Central state University is an good school, but the only complain I have is that it gets really cold and I’m not a fan of the cold coming from the United state Virgin Islands.

Dejah

I love Central State University because everyone their are so friendly they care about your well being. They want to see you succeed in life and its very safe their aren't any issues at all. The teachers care so much they help with homework if your slacking with your grades they help with them. The students their do study groups with anyone needing help with homework. you also make lots and lots of friends.

Shannell

I love the school overall no matter its flaws and I’m glad to call central state my college. The people are nice and the classes are up to speed and keep everyone busy and focused. Class times are flexible and that gives you time to catch up on other things so that you don’t fall behind.

Janica

This is a wonderful University. Central state University gives students opportunity to prove their self worthy of an education. The Faculty here once ever want to feel like a family and they care about our education. This is a University like no other we are a family and we are learning in striving to be successful. Central University is constantly working on improving their facility as well as their programs

Danielle

Central State University is a good school but at the same time there is more they can do to improve the lives of students and staff. Housing needs work, The cafe need better food, and the student life just has to be better. We have some people involved in a million things and some people who can't even find something to join.

Aniah

Central State is a University that broadens up your experience no matter what it is, So I like to say once you come to Central State theirs no going back to any other state. Central should be a great choice for any upcoming Freshman or transferring students.You can never go wrong with this HBCU.

Alexandrea

That’s my top goal, to go to college. Written by Daniel A. Payne, who served as the first black president of a university, specifically Central State University. Central State University provides service, protocol, civility to me where I learn that I can make an impact to those to further his or her education, achieve goals and be wise when it comes to decision-making. When I first applied to HBCUS, I felt like Central State University was going to be my first choice. I knew that if I attended Central State my purpose would help me succeed in life. In doing so, I want to surround myself in a environment that shows black excellence, intelligence but also rooted in faith, community and services. The main reason why I wanted to go to college is because I knew I would be the first person in my family to attend college but also I wanted to pursue my career as an artist. My ideal was to focus on the true form of black women; no matter what size, complexion seeing their flaws; dimples, stretch marks, dark spots as flawless, beauty in their own mind. I knew my dream was become an artist, my fear was what college would give me the confidence to further my education, but also help me in the future. When I first took a tour around Central State University, learning about the historical background, and how positive and truly cultured they were it took a toll on me in a positive way. For years I had dreams and goals but I always had limits on them because those I grew up around kept me from doing certain things such as traveling out the country to expand my horizon, but also certain dreams I wanted to accomplish they would say no to because it was a way of keeping me from harm. Going to Central would help me be more active, social to where it gives me confidence specifically to my art, to where I can be free on expressing my emotions through my drawings.

Alexis

I believe it could be better . They’re very unprofessional also can’t do things efficiently , the staff is unorganized they just money hungry care more about they job instead of the students .Seems as if the student opinions doesn’t really matter to them !

Shamarah

Central State is a true HBCU, full of authentic culture and history. It has a true amicable family atmosphere! Everyone knows everyone. They support you get here is impeccable.I love it here and I couldn’t see myself anywhere else ! I love my Central! I hope i can afford it bc i don’t want to leave.

Victoria

I think Central State University is a great school. The campus has a very friendly and welcoming vibe. Each person you meet treats you like family, and helps you as best they can if you have a problem. I'm an in-coming freshmen and every time I visited the campus I was treated as if I was already a student there.

Ja'Nae

In my overall opinion, I believe Central State University holds a lot of potential and could become a better school if they would let students be themselves. If Central would let students be themselves then the environment on this campus would be 6x better.

Morgan

The school is very helpful, I love the one on one attention of the class time and the environment that the students are very helpful when it comes the children adjusting for the school. Being that I was very nervous coming into the University ( even though it is small) loved the atmosphere of the welcoming students to the possible incoming students.

BRANDEN

I LOVE MY COLLEGE, ESPECIALLY AS A OUT OF STATE STUDENT!!!

Mareona

The best discussion I have ever made

DaMyja

I haven’t experienced the college life yet but what i seen when i vistes was life changing it was amazing to see. When i went there for orientation and viewed the campus i knew u choose the right college , the classes weren’t to big and the professors seem so nice .