Central Texas College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Central Texas College

Chiara

Overall I think Central Texas College is a good bridge between high school and college, but there are some things that can improve. Just because it’s a community college does not mean it should be looked down upon, but it seems a lot of people do. Funding is limited, but oftentimes it’s not about the quantity of money, rather where that money is going. In my anatomy class last semester we only had two dissections because we couldn’t afford more. Other classes lack supplies as well.

Melody

Central Texas College is an excellent school especially for military and students not quite ready to venture onto a 4-year university There are different clubs an organizations to join and the campus is located near a ton of shopping and restaurants. There are also classes so students can learn from home or anywhere in the world. I love it here.

Briana

All my life I have tried to surround myself with intelligent people. I believe that simply keeping company of intelligent people can also in turn, make you a smarter person. Here at CTC I have an endless supply of modern day Einsteins. Just as much as I have been learning in the class room, I have also been learning outside. Each day I go in to class, I come out a little different then before, whether I just learned a new fun fact, or simply been asked a question, that really made me think. I love being challenged academically, but I also have to say, CTC has made it less of a challenge to learn and actually retain knowledge. I am very thankful!

madrissa

Central Texas College is a great place to be. I always feel comfortable in my campus housing and the food that is included in the cost of housing tastes great too! The fact that I'm able to work, go to school, and keep my normal life activities is an extreme advantage that I get by going to school at a community college. Everything here is so much cheaper than it would be to go somewhere else. This is a great school to go to right after high school.

Sabrina

I would consider Central Texas College to be an extremely, culturally diverse two-year college with plenty of opportunities to make friends and learn about different cultures. I like the fact that the classes are small enough for the professors to be able to interact with the students but large enough so that we, the students, may gain social experience among each other as well. Some of the courses are difficult due to the short period of time for the classes, but others are easy enough that one may not have to study. However, I do not like that there are little to no organizations that interest me to join and I am not able to further my education in the career path that I would like due to the lack of a journalism professor, limiting the classes that benefit me.

Colin

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

Central Texas College really helped me get my foot in the door of furthering my education and trying to build a better life for myself. It is very affordable with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. It has allowed me to complete the core curriculum at virtually no price and enter University with no debt.

Skyla

The college desperately needs a facelift, most definitely mold in the buildings. Something is always breaking down, if you need to speak to an advisor you better hope that your wait is not 3-5 hours long to speak to someone, for a five minute question.

David

Great campus with tons of outdoor areas to sit out and study or go with other class mates and discuss topics from class. The main campus is across the street from a vary historical military installation. Fort Hood offers great museums and plenty of military history. Driving to Austin is a simple 30 or less minutes of back roads through the beautiful Texas Hill Country.

Robert

Central Texas is a wonderful place for adults looking to go back to school. Many of us did not have the opportunity to go to college because we had to work to survive. The professors at this campus are very knowledgeable on their disciplines, and are always willing to go the extra mile to help.

Kathleen

Central Texas College has been a great school to me so far. I have no complaints. Facilities are never dirty or bad, and there are no problems with campus buildings. The teachers really are accessible at any time. I plan to continue to attend for a couple of years.

Kasey

Central Texas College is a great community college that's very affordable. I have had amazing professors and made some lifelong friends here. I enjoy Killeen and all it has to offer. If you're looking for an affordable college to get started with your education, you should look here!

SharebiaAC

This is my first year attending Central Texas College. I am a 41yr old mom starting over. I absolutely love this school so far. They are kind and helpful. Every question that Ive had, they were quick to help me and trust I had a lot. They will walk you step by step through anything you need help with and not make you feel ashamed because of you not knowing.

Adriane

Central Texas college is a great school to come get your education and graduate within a reasonable amount of time. Professors are always available. There's so many options if you are struggling. The campus is a one stop shop so whether you need to get lunch or go to the library to study, it's all within walking distance

Daniel

I am very glad that I chose to attend Central Texas College before I decided to enroll at an out of state university. CTC helped me achieve my beginner educational goals at a low cost and with little hassle. I initially decided to attend classes at CTC only because it was a local school, but I quickly learned that they were a good fit for my education plan. I wanted to pursue an associates degree in business while still being able to balance my work schedule and family time, and the convenient class times made that a reality. The professors are generally very helpful and knowledgeable in their fields of study, and were willing to work with closely with my schedule and answer any questions that I had. The campus culture also was an enjoyable part of my schooling experience, but it is definitely not the main focus of Central Texas College. I believe CTC to be first and foremost dedicated to helping military and working students reach their educational goals quickly. The sports aspect of the school was also of a minimum focus, and the sporting fields and buildings could possibly benefit from some additional funding. The cafeteria was always very clean and well maintained, and the library has an excellent selection and very knowledgeable staff. Overall, I would highly recommend this particular school for anyone living in the Killeen/Ft. Hood/Temple Central Texas area who is working and would like to achieve a high-quality education with an affordable tuition.

Summer

Central Texas College is a good school to attend prior to transferring to a large state university. It's cheaper than going straight to a big university, and it gives you the knowledge you need to continue your education. CTC also offers classes for high school, which can help you graduate early.

Zsamiel

Central Texas College is your average community college. nothing extraordinary but also not something to complain about. Financial aid was a hassle but its like that everywhere. I look forward to my upcoming semester. I've take courses here since I was 15.

Karlene

I think it is extremely convenient for non-traditional students. Central Texas College (CTC) mostly caters to military and their dependents. The aforementioned demographic is quite mobile, travels often, and benefit immensely from CTC's numerous locations and flexible schedule.

Miguel

Central Texas College is a great community college to start at. Great school to earn credits and transfer to another university. Or you can earn your associates and automatically go to Texas A&M Central Texas. Classroom size are small and the education is affordable. I'm looking forward to next semester starting.

Desarae

Central Texas College is a great place to start off you're college experience and obtain an associates degree. The campus is conveniently located for me. The professors are friendly and always willing to help. I would suggest this college to my friends and family.

Kayli

Central Texas College is a great way to get a college education without getting into deep trouble with student loans. The students have many opportunities to hang out and study with their friends. Not only that but the school believes in the health of the student so they provide a gym with exercise equipment and a track for the students to be and keep in shape. Professors care about their students and provide students with opportunities for extra credit and open email hours and office hours. Plus the professors are extremely friendly and their lectures show that they love their jobs. My overall opinion of the school is that it's amazing and I'm excited to start my second year of a college education at this education facility.

Morgan

Central Texas College is a good place to start if you don't know exactly where you want to go and what career you want to choose. CTC still gives you a college-life feel or has a university touch to it. You can still do everything you want it is a just a junior college all at a cheaper price.

Chelsea

I would recommend Central Texas Community College for the basic credits. I recently moved and this is my first semester and intend on returning for the next one. I absolutely love all my professors and have been recommending them to all my new friends.

Jenny

It’s an awesome place to learn . The professors are great and they make learning easy. I would recommend to anyone who chooses to further there education. They also offer an amazing nursing program that really allows students to become more interactive rather than learning from a book.

Christopher

Central Texas College is a great school. Weather you are just starting or returning to college. They are surrounded by a military community and provide a lot of options. You can take online, in the class, or a mixture of the two. They have out reached to Fort Hood Texas and establishes classrooms on post to make it easier for Soldier’s and there family members. Classes go all day. Start times are 6am till 11pm. So that mean they are very flexible.

Damarion

Central Texas College is a good close to home community college that I plan on going to after i graduate from Copperas Cove High school. I love how the school grounds look as me and my mother have already looked, but we do not have enough money to pay for even one semester!

CTC has been an amazing experience since my first day walking in. It's a big school so its easy to get lost but all the staff has no problem taking you, or drawing on a map for you where you need to be. The financial aid office is very together and understanding. They seem to do more then required to help you. The VA area is also so helpful. He is very blunt and honest so you don't waste time or find yourself going in circles. The admissions office is extremely friendly and patient. This school quickly feels like home.

A great college that will give you a great education at a great price! I used to only take classes here seasonally in the summers, and would attend my local university during the fall and spring semesters. Surprisingly enough, I preferred my CTC professors over the one's at my university because they were more helpful and approachable!

Jeunet

I think Central Texas College is a great community college for everyone. I believe all upcoming high school graduates should apply to Central Texas College. they would safe a lot of money.

Aneissia

It's a good school however they don't have the best people to help you especially for new comers. The adviors are barley any help. They always act like they don't know whag your ever talking about so what takes longer to explain anything to them which makes it annoying.