Lynchburg, VA
Central Virginia Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Virginia Community College

Barrett

The people at CVCC range from just out of high school to professionals looking to further their careers, to senior citizens who want to better themselves or pursue interests that may not have been possible while raising families. The student body is very diverse with many clubs for just about any interest! My dad even took a class this semester!

I would tell myself that even though high school seemed "safe" and familiar, going to college can be fun, but it will also mean a lot more responsibility. There isn't as much structure in college as there is in high school, so you'll have to count on yourself to get up and get to class on time, and face the consequences (bad grades, possible withdrawal or suspension from courses, being held back) if you don't. "Mommy and Daddy" won't always be there to bail you out of a jam and it's time to "spread your wings and fly." Yes, it will be scary and at first you might think you can't do it, but stick it out, get help if you need it and don't lose touch wth friends and loved ones, and you'll do just great! You might even meet your new best friend!

If you're not sure what you want to do, want to save money, pull up your GPA, or try living on your own for a while with Mom and Dad still around to bail you out and you live in Lynchburg or one of the surrounding cities or counties, then CVCC could be just what the doctor ordered!

Small comminity college with many health programs

Small comminity college with many health programs

I would be more prepared in time managment. I would try to balance work and school better, instead of trying to work as mych and not enjoy myself.

I think the school should have more online classes

Jaquan

I am very much close to home and well as to my current job. I have the opportunity to chose classes that does not interfer with my current job. I enjoy the staff and the close relationship the staff have with the students. I believe that they really care as to which direction we go in life. If I have to chose again, I believe I would still have choosen the current college that I have enrolled in thus far. I am also looking forward to see what else is out there for me to further my education. Thanks,

I would have taken more classes that would have helped me with the current career directions that I have currently choosen. I would have taken extra classes and would have tapped into more business classes. I would have study more as well as lesson more to all of the different advices that were given to me. I truely understand now that education one of the most important keys in life, which will have me better myself as a person as well as my further. I would have continue to encourage myself more.

The worst thing I can think about is that the college does not have enough classroom to whole a lot of classes during the semister.

My school is the best school that I could have chosen for myself because it is preparing me to go to a 4-year school so that I can earn my college degree and get a good job so that I can lead a good life.

As someone who has attended more than one college, I can say that my school is unique because everyone is so friendly and helpful. People feel more at home. I attended a 4-year school last year and I think that CVCC has a much better enviornment. A community college is a much easier transition after high school because it is mostly local people who attend. You know more students and teachers on a personal level so that you can focus more on your studies instead of being worried about making new friends and fitting in.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior about transitioning to college the first thing I would tell myself would be not to make my college decision based on anyone but myself. I would tell myself I needed to look at and visit a variety of colleges before chosing one because you don't want to miss out on a great school because you didn't feel like looking. One of the most important things I think that high school seniors need to know is that college is hard. You need to take all your classes seriously, you can't just try to get by like you did in high school. College requires a lot of time and effort. It is not all about the social life and the parties, if you want to succeed your schoolwork needs to come first.

Julia

My school is very well supported with helpful faculty and staff/

My school is very well supported with helpful faculty and staff/

I went to Virginia Commonwealth University for a semester and CVCC differs so much. It's more small-town, with smaller classes and the teachers are very nice and helpful and like to get to know you. I like my advisor here a lot better too, she is like an actual person.

It would be so helpful if I was able to do this. I would tell myself that moving to Richmond is a BAD idea; you can gain freedom from home in other ways. It is a waste of your time and your parents money when you are able to go take the same classes right down the road. After two years of a Virginia Community College you have automatic acceptance into any Virginia college, so once you finally decide what you want to do, you can transfer where ever you like. Community college is not a bad choice at all, you just need to make sure you prioritize and take care of everything in a timely fashion--no procrastinating!

Central Virginia Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.