Central Washington University

« See more reviews of Central Washington University

My school is best known for its great music and teaching programs. I know many determined students who come here to earn a teaching major or become an aspiring musician. Both programs are very competitive and require diligent hard work and practice. Central Washington also has fairly small class sizes compared to other four year universities. In fact, during my past quarters here I have not been in a class with more than forty to fifty students, allowing me to receive more assistance and attention from my instructors. Small classes can really help a new student settling in at college.

Central Washington University (CWU) is best known for its amazing music department. CWU produces some of the best music educators, musicians, composers, and other music related careers. The school has a great faculty that will go to great lengths to help musicians obtain the highest levels of excellence. The atmosphere is amazing for music and the university makes sure that the music department keeps its funding. In addition, our bands, orchestras, and choirs perform at the highest levels of excellence and perform at some of the major state and national competitions for those groups.

Central Washington is best known for its academic success. I thought to myself and realized that if I attend a college with good academic reputation I could be successful I whatever my career choice is. Knowing this made me want to come to this university. Also Central has a nice and clean Student Union Recreation Center (SURC) were student go for breakfast and lunch. On the northeast entrees of this building it has a well set up weight room with various activities and leadership programs a student can enroll. The SURC is the place where many students can get involve.

Central is best known for the quality of its Education, Construction Management and Business programs. Along with small class sizes, these few perks are widely known to anyone who is even slightly familiar with the campus. The quality of the programs alone is the biggest reason most students have a drive to attend central in the first place. After attending some classes in these majors, I must say that you will not be disappointed with your choice of attending central, ecspecially if you plan doing any work in their related fields.

My school is best known for Football. The Central Washington Football team has managed to finish the 2008 season with 10(W)-2(L). The football players at Central are so nice and make you feel like you have a connection with each player. I believe this connection is what brings so many of our students to come out and see our players play. The students come fully dressed in school colors and cheer at the top of their lungs. I work for the Athletic Department and each game I work I am sorrounded by all my wonderful friends.

I attend CWU Des-Moins campus. My campus has the most beautiful setting over looking the Puget sound and the Cascade Mountains in the background. Since this campus shares with Highline community college it has a very diverse community. One of the most diverse in the state, I love this campus and it was my very first choice since I live in the area and also graduated from Highline Community College. Come here and enjoy learnig in the a beautiful safe environment with a dream team of staff that wants you to succeed.

One thing I truly think Central is known for is the fact that it's a great education school. I mean this in the fact that most of the graduating classes at that school are going or getting their teaching degree. After my Senior year was over I got askes where I was going to college, and when I said Central most of them asked if I was becoming a teacher (I'm not). I think it's a great thing to be known for. So many people want to help students become more sucessful, Central is just that.

VCU by name is best known for its basketball team and it's achievements in the most recent year (getting into the Final Four); however, as a school it is known for it's incredibly large number of attending students and urban environment. It' location in downtown Richmond makes it a bustling campus for students to enjoy numerous shops, restaurants, etc. In addition, because the number of students is so large, there is a wide variety of students in terms of race, personality, and major.

In all honesty, I heard only three things about Central Washington University before I was accepted here for the winter quarter 2012. Number one rummor that I heard was that Central is the biggest party school in the state of Washington. Number two, is that it's a great school to attend if you want to be a teacher. Central Washington University was once a normal (teaching) school called Central Washington State University. Number three, Ellensburg is in the middle of nowhere.

My school is best known for people who are not affraid to be themselves. You will get straight answers from anyone here, faculty included. The education recieved at this school is also great for the price of school. Central Washington University is a smaller size college allowing kids to meet one another and for making life long friends. Besides the education it is a great place to come and learn while being yourself, and this is what Central is known for.