Central Washington University

« See more reviews of Central Washington University

Central washington University offers a wide range of campus organization, groups and events. It is a very diverse school with people of different cultural background and works of life. At central washington University all students are classified under the same umbrella, there is no discrimination or any form of bias treatment of student based on their ethnicity. Central Washington University professors are very respectful of the students and are always willing to help at all times, that is why the academic excellence at Central is unparalled. These are the things I brag about the most when I talk about Central.

I love the Central Washington University Student Union and Recreation Center. It is a very fun place to hang out, eat, shop, and have fun. Central also has a lot of clubs, intermeral sports, and many other extracurricular activites to participate in. I also like that even though approximately 10,000 students attend Central the classes stay fairly small for more one on one interactions between students and the professor. This way, a student can actually get to know the professor and can get extra help when needed without the professor becoming overwhelmed.

If I were to brag about being a Central Washington University student I would start off by saying that it is a great institution for dedicated students and faculity. The classes are decently sized with about thirty students per professor, which creates an optimal learning environment without having to struggling for one on one time with your instructors. Also, there is a wide variety of subjects to fit any college students growing mind and interests. Central Washington University gives each student the best chance for them to succeed and excel in life.

When I brag, it?s always about CWU?s size. It?s big enough to feel different from home, but small enough to feel comfortable, focused, and friendly. My friends at other schools talk about classes of hundreds taught by grad assistants, but my class sizes are usually small and intimate. Professors care about their students here, and many even invite students to social events after class! I love having my professors know me by name and being able to walk to class and see several people I know along the way. I feel like a community member at CWU!

The weather in Ellensburg is always really pretty, statistically there are over 300 days of blue skies. The buildings here have history and stories to go with them. The Recreation Center has a rock wall that is accessible to all students as well as planned outdoor activities. Students have the option to live in Living Learning Communities which groups them with students that have similar educational interests. The professors are more the willing to go above and beyond to ensure that students are learning the necessary tools for their future.

When I tell my friends about my school, I tend to brag about our music department. Being a music major, (it?s kind of biased) I do notice fundamental differences between other college's music departments and the one I attend. At Central Washington University, I tell my friends, the music professors care deeply about how you succeed as a student and what skills you retain. The motto at the school of music is "Central, where teaching is a performing art." This mindset I believe sets students up for success in their soon to be professions.

It is a great environment to learn in because of all the help you can get on campus such as the writing center, math help, the huge library, and the teachers are really great. There are many events for help and entertainment happening weekly that you can check out all posted on different bulletin boards around the surc and other buildings. Also living in the dorms is a great experience because you meet more people and then your friends live right next door and the RAs are helpful always if you have any questions.

I tell them that the cohort structure of the Elementary Education program at the Lakewood Campus makes you feel as if you are attending school in a supportive family environment. The workload is intensive, but you will finish with all of your coursework completed in six quarters and begin student-teaching in the spring of your senior year . This is an ideal scenario as you begin student teaching and gain exposure and experience exactly when principals are looking to hire new staff for the upcoming school year.

I am always very happy with the quality of service that I receive from the staff faculties (They are friendly and very helpful). I will also tell him /her about the quality of the program that the school gives to the students. It meets with the expectancy of the students (dreams and inspirations). Professors are very experienced in teaching. The school provides financial assistance to relieve the burden that students can meet for paying their tuitions.

I brag that Central is a really fun school because it is small enough to know a lot of people. It is common to have the same students in multiple classes. I love knowing the majority of people who live on campus. I also brag about our recreation and workout center. It is really new and the nicest I have ever seen at a college. Overall, I would just brag about what a great school it is. Every aspect is wonderful and there is nothing ot compain about!