Central Washington University

« See more reviews of Central Washington University

I think that people who do not have any idea of what they want to do with their lives, should not attend Central Washington University. This school has amazing programs for students who know what they want to study, but then there are students, mainly freshman, who enroll at CWU and expect a major to fall into their laps. Sometimes students do find their interest during their freshman year or afterwards, but many do not give a major much thought until CWU demands that they declare a major, and then they panic because time passed too quickly in their minds.

I think students who don't care about their education and who are just here to party shouldn't attend this school. We have so many opportunities and those who take advantage of them will succeed and have many opportunities after they graduate. The university is very strict with drug and alcohol rules and don't allow any exceptions to those rules. Campus police are out in full force throughout the year and will take action if necessary. It is a very fun and safe environment and I think it is important to keep that throughout the coming years.

I think that every type of person would be able to attend this school. Central is big on diversity and allowing to get everyone's voice heard. Mostly, it is not the school that affects who can and cannot attend it is more of the students attitude toward school and life. Because if they have a poor attitude about school and life the chances are they should not attend the school. Most students at Central love it here and have a good attitude which carries over to each student and makes going here the best decision they have ever made.

I believe that Central Washington University is a school that welcomes everyone and has a very diverse group. With the exchange programs at our school, people from different parts of the world even get a chance to attend! This also gives the students of CWU to learn others culture better! Even though I would highly recommend Central Washington University to anyone in need of a good school, there is one thing I would suggest! If you do not like the snow, this may not be the place for you with snow falling from November through January!

People who are close minded should definitely not attend CWU, there is a suprrising amount of foreign exchange students for being in such a small town, so Central holds students belonging to all different groups, faiths and ethnicities. Students that are open to interacting and socializing with all different run's of life should look forward to attending CWU. This isn't a college for those who are just interested in the academic's because it has a variety of different clubs and intramurals that students can get involved in.

I believe that anyone could attend my school and be completely satisfied. However, if the person is easily taken over by boredom and does not like harsh weather conditions, my school may not fit them. Ellensburg is an extremely small town with not much entertainment, and so an individual who enjoys a city-feel may not be comfortable in such a small farm town. Also, the weather is extremely hot in the summer, and cold/windy/snowy in th winter. This may irritate someone who does not lie this type of weather.

First of all, Central does not offer majors in some departments. If you are a person who is interested in medicine, Central cannot offer the classes you need to pursue that career. If you are the kind of person who wants to go to a big school and learn in a class with many students, then Central would be too small for you. A person who does not know what they want to major in should apply to a school with more options to help them decide what is best for them. Central does not have a huge selection.

There is not one person that should not attend Central Washington University. Central offers something for everyone. My school's motto is "Your Future is Central" and that applies to everyone. There is a large range of diverse students that attend Central Washington University which creates an opportunity for anyone and everyone. With such a wide range of such different people, students are bound to find a group they "click" with or a program that suits what they want for their futuire career.

If a person cannot handle living more than half an hour to the closest mall then this is not the place for them. When you go to Central you focus primarily on your studies, work if you have a job, and pursuing your own interests and hobbies. Things are simple here and the people are friendly. If a person cannot be happy in the slow small town life where every where you drive you go 25 mph, then this is the wrong place for them. If you cannot appreciate the little things, do not bother on coming.

It is hard to say who could or couldn't attend this university. There is a fair amount of students from small towns and big cities that attend here. Also, ethnically and racially it is diverse, but of course cacausian is dominant. The only person I personally think shouldn't attend, is someone who loves many activities. It is a small town here, so recreational fun is lacking. The only activities i see that is fun here is outdoor activities such as sports, hiking, snowboarding, skiing, etc.