Central Washington University Top Questions

Racquel

Getting my textbooks is the most frustrating thing about my school. The textbooks that I need the shop almost never has, and when they do they are very expensive. They also take a long time to update their website, so by the time I can go online and order them they are out of stock.

Sidney

The most frustrating thing about my school is the website. It is very unorgainized and I have trouble finding things on it all the time. It bothers me that I have to spend twenty minutes looking up the answer to a question when it should have taken me about five minutes.

Malissa

The on campus housing and food plans are way over priced. Definitely live off campus as soon as possible.

At Central Washington University, perhaps the most frustrating thing is winter. In the winter, it gets really cold, and there is a lot of snow. In winter, you really have to make sure that you are wearing warm cothing, and it the cold temperatures can really get annoying when you are going to an early morning class, as that is when it is the coldest.

The way that the budget cuts are being handled. The students are being punished for attending higher education.

The most frustrating thing about Central is the lack of faith everyone has in themselves. A lot of people underestimate themselves and don't try as hard as they should. They skip class, don't pay attention, and drink and party most nights. It's frustrating to be learning with people who don't care.

Isabel

The most frustrating thing about my school would be that there isn't a lot of different cultures. Also a lot the the kids going here don't understand how lucky they are that they can get help from family and wast their money in wrong ways as where people like myself and many others dont get any help from family and sometimes have a hard time paying to books, rent, tution.

The most frustrating things about my school is, that it is truly in the middle of nowhere and it snows in the winter. My biggest hobby right now is bicycle racing which requires me to ride my bicycle to train, made more difficult to do in the snow. Another frustrating thing about my school is that it's on the other side of the Cascade mountain range at the center of the state. Unfortunately most bicycle races take place in western washington.

Kelsi

So far it is the weather. Its getting very cold and blows a lot all year long.

Reiko

Too many people and how much space there is on walkways.

Noelle

I don't really have any frustrations with this school. I think it's a good school, it's a little easier coming in if you are a freshman than an upperclassmen transfer like myself.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the cafeteria size. I always have found it hard to find a place to sit and eat because it gets super jammed pack when it is lunch time or dinner time.

The most frustrating thing about CWU is the rising cost of tuition.

Kirsten

I would say that the most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that it is in the middle of nowhere. It is difficult to find fun things to do without getting into trouble in a small town like Ellensburg. Especially when you're on the budget of a college student. After being here for six months I feel like I've done everything there is to do in good old' Ellensburg. I wish the college would provide more opportunity for affordable outdoor excursions; or even movie nights. Fun activities that keep students out of trouble are always good.

The most frustrating thing about Central Washington University is the isolated location. Many students feel that there is not a lot to do outside of school in the Ellensburg area.

Bonnie

Ellensurg,WA is a very small town. There aren't any shopping centers, theres no night life. Everything in the town closes by 9 pm, and food services on campus close at 10 pm. Ellensburg can get very boring very quickly for people who are used to the city life since there isn't anything to do here.

I think the most frustrating thing about my school is everyone says it';s so easy to get into. It has really good programs, like business, theatre, and the science's, but anyone can basically get in from what i've heard. It seems like for such a good school we have really low standards for who can get in. Thats what i find really frustrating.

Wyatt

The most frustrating thing about my school is the size of the athletic center. At any given time, there are close to one hundred students there and it can be very hard to use the equipment that you need to use.

Tiffani

The most frustrating thing at Central is the slight racism that some of the students and local residents have. Those who are racists are rude and sometimes say inappropriate things. This frustrates me because I come from a multi-racial background and attended a very diverse high school.

I'm not someone who gets frustrated easily however one thing that really bothers me about this school is the way classes are scheduled. I am a mechanical engineer major and many classes that I am required to take for my major are scheduled at the same time. This makes it very difficult for me to finish all of my classes in four years. Now, because I took classes in the wrong order, my schooling is now extended to six years instead of four.

Scharlie

The only thing I can think of that frustrates me at Central Washington University is that some of the professors are from other countries and are very hard to understand most of the time. Although I do not question their intellectual level, their ability to teach successfully is greatly decreased because they have very heavy accents, which isnt at all their faults. I do not have anything against these professors and still strive to do my best in their classes. It's just that the learning experience is slightly more frustrating and it's harder to understand some concepts.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that there aren't that many places for wireless connection. You can only get them in the main area's that students are. You cannot get it in the dorms or in some of the class buildings

Nickolas

The most frustrating thing about the school would definitely have to be the professors. It seems like we get a lt of new proffessors every year and some of them dont really seem to know how to teach very well. Now don't get me wrong there are some amazing professors here, but it just seems like every single quarter I have had a new professor that isn't quite sure how to run the class.

The most frustrating thing about Central Washington University would have to be the cost of tuition along with the ability to find a job here in Ellensburg, WA.

The most frustrating thing I have encountered as an entering student at Central Washington University is the allowance of past GPA to effect enrollment acceptance for a non-traditional student.

The most frustrating part about attending CWU is that they give you lots of grants for your first year so that you will come to their school and then nothing your second. So you have to be very creative in finding ways to pay for school outside of your school department.

Tianna

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of information regarding how to join school clubs. I would very much like to be affiliated with a club of my interest, but am unsure of how to acheive this. The school website is so full of information that to try and find any information is like searching for a needle in a haystack. I am not even aware of the different clubs that are available for me to join.

Audrey

I often feel that the resources in the surrounding area are not sufficient to my needs. While this is somewhat of a given with a small school like Central, Ellensburg does not always have what I need or am looking for, so I often have to do my shopping online. Luckily my hometown is not too far away, so I finding what I need when I do go home is usually what I need to do.

Azu

There are not much to do other than school. There are many restaurants but it's not much fun after a while.

Krista

Not all the teachers are avaliable when you need them, or care enough to be helpful for questions you have.

clare

there were some scheduling issues due to lack of faculty time for some classes.

Tela

The staff is very frustrating, they don't seem to know much about their jobs.

Lack of communication and knowledge on the department (financial aid, study abroad, etc.) is extremely frustrating. No one knows what they're doing, and they won't bother to ask someone for help. Some faculty, in my opinion, should not be teaching - particularly English professors who don't bother to proof read their own handouts. Some faculty are uninterested in being helpful or aiding students who are having trouble in their class.

The most frustrating thing was probably trying to interact with my academic adviser. They are hard to get ahold of. But the school has been working on fixing it.

Sometimes students don't know about events b/c everything is word of mouth and that's frustrating when you live off campus. Oh and that rugby is not a varsity sport is super aggrivating

Brad

The weather. The majority of the time, its windy or snowing. But when its nice out, it is nice out!