Riverton, WY
Central Wyoming College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Wyoming College

Delaney

I think that Central Wyoming College is a great place to begin. I have been enrolled as a concurrent enrollment student since 2014 and I have seen nothing less than success. I love the campus and had a few good teachers. I only ever had a problem when a professor wouldn't answer emails. I think CWC is doing great!

DeLaney

Central Wyoming college is a great place to be. Plenty of activities to be a part of and plenty of people to ask for help. Cwc is wonderful. They have trio which is a student help center and it is great. They always know how to keep students and staff involved.

Mario

Central Wyoming College is a community college by name, but it has so much to offer! The people are great whether it's staff or students, and It's one big family that aims to make you succeed. Even if you aren't a regular athlete the school creates a lot of events for people of many interests to partake in. The professors made me and others feel like they could rely on them easily, and for anything (especially if it has to do with preparing for our futures)! It only offers two year degree programs (you can try for multiple different degrees though), but I'd recommend it to anyone looking at an Associate's degree.

Jordan

Central Wyoming College has helped me learn and grow. The professors and staff are awesome and always ready to help. I feel safe in the community and everyone is genuinely nice. This community college is probably the best in Wyoming and would recommend it to anyone!

David

The daily struggles that you have are but small obstacles to achieve your degree. Realize that staying in school is the best thing for improvements to your life. A strong education is the back bone for an enhanced tomorrow. Just stay with it!!

Kyriessa

Just be comfortable with who you are. College is a great place, full of new discoveries and wonder. You are going to make a ton of new friends and discover so much about yourself that you'll find that you've become a completely different person than you were in high school. Just remember to stay studious and driven and work hard to get everything you want. You will be amazed how much you can improve yourself and get closer to your goals in only two years. You may be scared right now, but someday you are going to wake up and realize that you are happier than you've ever been in your entire life, and it's all because of you.

Anyone who likes big groups or having a lot of things to do around town.

Talitha

Outdoor Education program.

Outdoor Education program.

We have a strong tendancy to intergrate professional, graduate level expereinces into our programs.

Dearest Me, To keep time from breaking, I am sending a letter instead of meeting. You know I can’t fix everything and I don’t have many words but here is the important stuff. Your health will get better. It will still be a struggle. However, a semblance of a normal life is possible. School and friends become realties. I would tell you to keep fighting, and never-ever give up; but I know you don’t need it. You will graduate! Our grades will be mediocre, (a few Bs) but assuming the variables all remain the same, it seems like a fixed point in time (Doctor Who will explain). Also, it turns out we are severely allergic to those fake-fabric graduation robes. Find a plausible way of finding that out, since I don’t think “letter from my future self” will cut it. If you don’t, expect a miserable Graduation and disastrous. One of those little water-mist fans won’t hurt either. And I almost forgot - our bedroom is the culprit for the decimating lines. Keeping your laptops, kindles, and other digital electronics out of there will save you so much strife. With love, Talitha

Shayla

I did not consider any other schools because I live in the area; however, I am very happy with the TRIO program that CWC has to offer.

Dear past high school senior self, If I could stress any point to you about college life and the advantages of it, it would be that not only does college life allow you to broaden your horizons and learn about more than just academics, but college life also teaches you about yourself. College was and still is one of the best opportunities I have ever been able to partake in. College is not required of you. You are not obligated to come to class, or to even do the work. College is something that you have to WANT, and when you do want it there are so many different ways for you to get the help you need to achieve it! College has taught me about taking responsibility in my own personal goals as well as expanding those goals. College has also taught me that there ARE people in this world who want to see me achieve and will actually do whatever they can with whatever tools they have to help me along the way. If I could convince you of anything, it is that college really is something that you WANT. Sincerely, College self

Anybody who is looking for personable help furthing their education should attend Central Wyoming College.

Kourtney

I graduated early and so my senior year was a semester short. I wish could tell my past self that the high school drama and the nonsense is not going to last. It only lasts as long as you allow it to influence you. The friends that were never really that great will fall to the way side so you have room for new friends if the future. It's not sad though, it's life. Life will come at you fast and throw your world into a whirlwind of chaos, but you can handle it. You need to not give up on yourself and you need to let loose every once in a while and not be so serious, I mean hey you don't even know what you want to be when you grow up and thats ok. Finding out what you want to do becomes the longest, but most rewarding journey you'll have academically. You are strong and confidant, never loose that and never loose sight of yourself; it's so hard to find yourself again. Most importantly you are enough and with a little hard work all things are possible.

The best thing about my school is that there seems to be no judging between peers, we are all there for learning. My professors don't judge me for the mistakes I made when I first started college and made a mess out of my GPA. The focus is the here and now and how the college and all it's employees can make the difference and make it not so scary to start over.

I wish I would have known what I wanted to be when I grew up the first time I started school. I wish I would have had more fun and been more outgoing my first time around. I wish I would have known that living in the dorms is where you make the most friends. Lastly I wish I would have known that its so much easier being yourself in college, so much more fullfilling and rewarding.

Nina

I know you are worried about being able to afford college. Don't worry, the state has a Hathaway program that pays your way. There are also Pell Grants and scholarship opportunities! There is housing offered, so you don't have to worry about where you will stay tonight or next week! Don't wait a year or two, because it will turn into 16 years and you will regret not going sooner! The longer you wait, the harder it becomes to remember what you learned in high school. Your heart is in the country, and always will be. The college has a GREAT Ag program, and it's super fun! You don't have to worry about trying to fit in so people will like you, students and staff alike are easy-going and do what they can to help you--in life and school. Go for it, it will be the best four years of your life! If you wait, you will struggle in many areas of your life.

They lack sufficient funding for Work Study and Internship programs. Work study is essential to a college student as it allows more time than a regular job for studying and test-taking. Internship programs allow the student to put what they have learned in the classroom to a practical, hands-on method, and it helps the student to decide if this is the path they want to pursue.

Central Wyoming College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.