Central Wyoming College Top Questions

The daily struggles that you have are but small obstacles to achieve your degree. Realize that staying in school is the best thing for improvements to your life. A strong education is the back bone for an enhanced tomorrow. Just stay with it!!

Kyriessa

Just be comfortable with who you are. College is a great place, full of new discoveries and wonder. You are going to make a ton of new friends and discover so much about yourself that you'll find that you've become a completely different person than you were in high school. Just remember to stay studious and driven and work hard to get everything you want. You will be amazed how much you can improve yourself and get closer to your goals in only two years. You may be scared right now, but someday you are going to wake up and realize that you are happier than you've ever been in your entire life, and it's all because of you.

Talitha

Dearest Me, To keep time from breaking, I am sending a letter instead of meeting. You know I can’t fix everything and I don’t have many words but here is the important stuff. Your health will get better. It will still be a struggle. However, a semblance of a normal life is possible. School and friends become realties. I would tell you to keep fighting, and never-ever give up; but I know you don’t need it. You will graduate! Our grades will be mediocre, (a few Bs) but assuming the variables all remain the same, it seems like a fixed point in time (Doctor Who will explain). Also, it turns out we are severely allergic to those fake-fabric graduation robes. Find a plausible way of finding that out, since I don’t think “letter from my future self” will cut it. If you don’t, expect a miserable Graduation and disastrous. One of those little water-mist fans won’t hurt either. And I almost forgot - our bedroom is the culprit for the decimating lines. Keeping your laptops, kindles, and other digital electronics out of there will save you so much strife. With love, Talitha

Shayla

Dear past high school senior self, If I could stress any point to you about college life and the advantages of it, it would be that not only does college life allow you to broaden your horizons and learn about more than just academics, but college life also teaches you about yourself. College was and still is one of the best opportunities I have ever been able to partake in. College is not required of you. You are not obligated to come to class, or to even do the work. College is something that you have to WANT, and when you do want it there are so many different ways for you to get the help you need to achieve it! College has taught me about taking responsibility in my own personal goals as well as expanding those goals. College has also taught me that there ARE people in this world who want to see me achieve and will actually do whatever they can with whatever tools they have to help me along the way. If I could convince you of anything, it is that college really is something that you WANT. Sincerely, College self

Kourtney

I graduated early and so my senior year was a semester short. I wish could tell my past self that the high school drama and the nonsense is not going to last. It only lasts as long as you allow it to influence you. The friends that were never really that great will fall to the way side so you have room for new friends if the future. It's not sad though, it's life. Life will come at you fast and throw your world into a whirlwind of chaos, but you can handle it. You need to not give up on yourself and you need to let loose every once in a while and not be so serious, I mean hey you don't even know what you want to be when you grow up and thats ok. Finding out what you want to do becomes the longest, but most rewarding journey you'll have academically. You are strong and confidant, never loose that and never loose sight of yourself; it's so hard to find yourself again. Most importantly you are enough and with a little hard work all things are possible.

Nina

I know you are worried about being able to afford college. Don't worry, the state has a Hathaway program that pays your way. There are also Pell Grants and scholarship opportunities! There is housing offered, so you don't have to worry about where you will stay tonight or next week! Don't wait a year or two, because it will turn into 16 years and you will regret not going sooner! The longer you wait, the harder it becomes to remember what you learned in high school. Your heart is in the country, and always will be. The college has a GREAT Ag program, and it's super fun! You don't have to worry about trying to fit in so people will like you, students and staff alike are easy-going and do what they can to help you--in life and school. Go for it, it will be the best four years of your life! If you wait, you will struggle in many areas of your life.

selamawit

I am first year second semister student and i took only one course .I got an intensive knowledge about software engineering course .it took me a lot to finisih the course, which I had to compete with a student who are highly experienced and very intelligent people .I work partime and go full time school .i spend most of my time in school ,so I got an experience how to be surrounded by different nation which means diversty and social life , which is about how to live . About the acadamic part , all the teachers and the lab assistants is very devoted to help us on the courses we take any time and to consult you in every part .of all of this I value most to attend is what knowledge will I am going to get and how successful will I be.

If I could go back in time and sit down, converse with myself, and get a few things through my stubborn skull it would have made a world of difference. First thing is first, save money and scholarships, scholarships, scholarships. After finishing my second semester I've also realized, budgeting, managing, and restricting my spending with a keen eye would have been something useful to know. Learning to adjust your sleeping habits. You're most likely sharing a room with someone, and on a campus, things don't quiet down until 2am. Also the job you have on campus is called a work-study. See the second word, STUDY! Do not fall more than a day or two behind, and get caught up quick because classes go through material extremely fast, and yes, they do expect you to do the reading BEFORE class. On the subject of classes, do not, I repeat, do NOT take an online course your first semester. Adjusting to college pace and life is hard enough, remembering that you have an online class is beyond difficult. Last but not least, get to class on time, your professors will appreciate it if you don't disrupt class.

Hey Daniel, Keep focus and never give up, there are alot of people that do not belive in you but by the time you are 18 and graduate highschool you are going to do great things and travel the world. at the age of 18 you will be flagging the International Appalachian Trail from Mt Katahdin to the Canadian Borders for Lester Kenway, the President of the Appalachian Trail as well as the Appalachian Money Club, leaving a permantent mark on this planet. You will find yourself a few years before you decide what you want to do with your life, and that is to be one of the top adventure guides in the world. You will go through alot of pain, you will hurt like you have never hurt before. You will fall off a Boulder in Reno, NV and spend 2 months in the hospital, you will be engaged and she will dissapear and you will never find her no matter how hard you try. You will want to give up on life, but in the end you find yourself again and here you are with another chance to be the best... AND ITS WORTH IT...