Centre College Top Questions

The invidudual attention you receive as a student is unlike any other college experience and helped me make life-long friends of both Professors and peers. The study abroad program is also consistently ranked among the best in the nation. You cannot beat the Centre Experience.

Kaylyn

Centre is small, there is no denying that, but it isn't like other small colleges. I certainly do not know everyone, I meet someone new every day, yet every body here still acts like a family. We all know that life is rough, we have weeks where all we do is do homework and so on the weekend, everyone just wants a good, fun, relaxing time. It doesn't matter if you know them or not, people here are welcomed with open arms and it makes me proud to say I go here.

Centre allowed for me to shape my educational experience on a moment to moment basis. When I was choosing schools, I was looking for a school with a good theatre prgram but that would provide an education I could fall back on in the event the whole theatre thing didn't work out. Now I'm a graphic and video designer. Everything Centre provided me, every experience, class, or relationship has in some way affected my success. And it's in a field I hadn't considered before or during college.

abby

Everything.

My school is small, and our greek life is unique. Our campus is beautiful and managable, and I love our class sizes. They're small, so it allows for a personal relationship with professors, attention in terms of assignments, and a constant availability of the professors to offer help.

Alice

It has an extremely successful study-abroad program. Something like 75{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of students go abroad at some point. We also have an amazing alumni network that helps extensively with getting students jobs.

The other schools I looked at were, in my opinion, accurately rated by outside institutions (i.e. U.S. News and World Report, the Princeton Review, etc.); Centre, though it was the highest ranked of my prospective schools, is the most underrated. It's a high-octane institution that boasts extraordinary success rates among its graduates and national rankings such as #1 Best Buy, a top 10 study abroad college, and #1 percentage of alumni who give back to the College. However, no one's ever heard of it; I attribute this overshadowing to its rural location and small size.