White Bear Lake, MN
Century College-White Bear Lake

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Century College-White Bear Lake

Angela

"If I could turn back time"...isn't that just something everyone wishes? If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would be able to show how hard it has been not going right to school after high school. I followed my boyfriend instead of attending the UW Madison where I was accepted. Then, went to a fast-paced dental assisting school that wasn't a degree program, but, passed with flying colors. From there, got married and had two kids, stayed with the guy for 18 years and just recently got divorced. If I could show myself then how important it was to go to school so I had something to fall back on in the future, I would. I am starting all over, going to school for the first time in almost 16 years towards nursing. I am thriving though, the first semester back, I got a 4.0, made the Dean's List and was full-time while also being a mom. It will be a difficult road, but, I am showing my girls that you can do anything, even if I didn't with my chance I had in the past.

Century College is a great school to start back into after being out of the loop for many years. The teachers are compassionate about me being a single mother and knew I was serious about my education. The college is also very diverse so I was excited to be able to interact with people of different races and beliefs. I love how the classes aren't too huge so we have a chance to be heard and not just seen.

Someone shouldn't attend this school if they aren't willing to put their best foot forward. Your success depends on your own determination to go further in your future. If you need to be at a school where you will be babysat, this is not the school for you. Also, if you are not into diversity, you will not have a great experience in this school.

Michelle

The majority of my classmates are much younger, with a different view of the world from me, and much more energetic than I a...

The majority of my classmates are much younger, with a different view of the world from me, and much more energetic than I am.

The most important thing I would say to myself is, "Do your homework! Study, study, study, and go to class. " The other thing I would say is,"College is hard but don't give up! You can make it through if you stop procrastinating and get down to business. You don't want to waste your time now, because it will cost you much, much more in the future. You will regret not finishing it now. If you don't stick with it you could end up over 20 years later struggling to finish college and make a living. Now is the time!"

The most frustrating thing about my school is the construction they are doing right now. They have a large portion of the main floor blocked off, which means students have to walk up to the floor above, walk down to the floor below or walk outside, to get to the classrooms on the main floor. This would not be as much of a frustration if this wasn't the middle of winter in Minnesota. The quickest way to get around is by going outside. On a cold day this can be a miserable experience.

Be prepared. Don't let anyone pressure you about starting a certain semester, you can always start next semester. You should always look into other options. I thought that if someone worked for a school it meant that they would tell the truth, unfortunately that's not always the case. Always check to make sure that a school is accredited and check to see if your credits can transfer. Just because the school says they can transfer doesn't mean that they will, a good school tells you the credits may transfer and works with you to confirm your next school will accept their credits. Always check with the Better Business Bureau and the Department of Education to see if the school has a good rating. If a school has a bad rating it's for a reason. Search for jobs in your degree to see what employers are looking for, and make sure that the school you are looking at meets those criteria. Most important, if it doesn't feel right it's not right. You can make anything into a learning experience, but that doesn't mean you won't regret and pay for your mistake. Good luck!

I wish I had known how helpful the staff are at Century. I attended High-Tech Institute previously and paid $18,000 for a course offered at Century for about $850. This time I have researched the school I'm attending better(Century) and spoken to a graduate from the nursing program who I was introduced to by a friend, not the school. The graduate had nothing but good things to say about Century. I learned to check the department of Educations website and the Better Business Bureau to get a non biased view of the school. I love Century.

There is no map of the campus layout on the website, so it is sometimes difficult to figure out where you need to go the first time. The good thing is that the campus is smaller and the staff are very helpful so once you are on campus you can find someone to give you directions.

Mark

My classmates are future Orthotists.

My classmates are future Orthotists.

Having Prosthetics and Orthotics courses is unique. Other than this, there is unfortunately little to brag about.

I would tell myself that there is no point in taking classes unless there is an end goal in mind. I would also mention that classes are a quarter of the price at community colleges. And to be completely honest, were I able to avoid the confusion and novelty of confronting my formal self, I would slap the "younger me," tell him to pull up his grungy jeans, find some better friends, and decide what in my (his) life is really important and what is simply a waste of time. Then I would probably have to run away because the 18 year old version of me had an attitude.

Cindy

If i was able to go back in time to where i was a senior in high school, I would tell myself to be more serious about school, and to study harder. I would've also told myself to take some college courses., so i would already have some college credits, and know what college was like.

Shawn

Take the SATs along with the ACTs. Do not go to a technicaly college that the credites you paid for don't transfer to a community or state college.

Most of the teachers are helpful and treat their students with respect. Students will tell you which teachers to take for a certain course, and who to stay away from.

The most frustrating thing about Century College is the parking. I usually take evening classes, but when I am trying to take a day class, the parking lots fill up very quickly. Even when trying to go see a counselor there is no parking after 9 am.

Whitney

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a Senior in high school I would make sure that I knew that college is the start of your whole life. I would make sure that I knew how important attending classes were, if you aren't in class you can't succeed. I would tell myself that you need to your best, you are very smart, just make sure you are doing everything to your greatest capability. I would also tell myself that you are doing great right now. You are in the Radiological Technology Program at Century, which you had been waiting for over two years to get into. You have many great family members and friends for support. Some things will get really tough throughout the next few years just stay strong and you can do anything you set your mind to.

I really like Century College because they make it easy for you to attend college. You are still able to continue working and having a life while getting an education which is realistic to everyone! All of the staff at Century are always willing to help you with everything you need from counselors with family problems, to instructors with something you don't understand, to program directors when you have a big issue that involves speaking to someone at a higher level. I don't think that I could enjoy another school as much as I do Century.

The only thing that would be some what frustrating at Century would be parking. There are ways in which you can make this easier. You can make parking easier by taking public transportation, car pooling, or making sure you have adequate time to find a parking spot if you must drive alone. Also you can park on one campus and walk to the other if the parking lot is really busy at a certain time.

Century College-White Bear Lake administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.