Century College-White Bear Lake Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Century College-White Bear Lake

Thach

I am an international student from Vietnam. This year is my first year at Century college. In my opinion, Century college provides students with good infrastructure, effective studying programs and playground. I feel like home when studying here because teachers and staffs are very hospitable and welcoming.

Academically, Century College is a great place to start. Since Century College is a community college you can begin by taking your general education or liberal education requirements. It is relatively inexpensive, the class sizes are not overwhelming like at a larger university, and it is overall a good experience. Before continuing on to a university, you can kill two birds with one stone: take your liberal education requirements and even pursue one of the many degree offerings Century has.

Benjamin

I love Century College. The class sizes are small, and professors are available almost all the time. It is a small enough school that you wont get lost, but big enough not to feel cramped. The cost is also on the low side, so it's great for getting generals or aa's out of the way!

Teresa

Century college is the best place ever! The star is super nice and helpful in organizing your schedule and helping with a future plan. teachers are super nice and also very good at giving prime examples. Century helps in various of ways that will make college easier to learn in your academic future.

Jarod

Overall I enjoy my time at Century College. I am always worried that something will happen to me, but it's not because of the institute; that's just the way I am. I love the class sizes and the courses available to me. I would have liked my major to have been offered at this school, but what it does have I am taking full advantage of.

Lydia

Very positive... Professors usually willing to work with you and flexible... great engineering program.. quiet library... excellent FAB Lab

Courtney

If you are looking for a party school, this is not your school. At Century College, you getting a great education for a cheaper tuition than at other schools. I have known people to mock some classes I have taken because they believe Century has easier classes, which is not true. Century has classes that are able to challenge you to work hard into figuring out the concept for the class while giving you the resources to understand these concepts through tutors and teachers. The class sizes are also nice because they are small enough for the teacher to know your name and be able to help you with understanding the lesson in the classroom itself instead of having 40 to 50 other students asking for their attention.

Rahel

Perfect College. It's great! I would highly recommend Century College to any student. The student life on campus is very diverse and welcoming. The students host many events throughout the year and have so many clubs including religious, academic, cultural and so on. The cafeteria in both campus serves a very delicious meal, besides the school the schools location is easy to access to shopping centers.

Anthony

I think Century College is a great community college. Peers and Professors alike, they are diverse in background but all are dedicated to learn and work together. Nearly all my professors were motivating and immersive in their teaching and lectures. Students are also driven to succeed. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on and off the campus. Students have a very wide arrangement of extra curricular groups that they can join,Ranging from art to politics. The student body is very active.

Heidi

I think that Century College is a great school. The buildings are fairly new and very accessible. There is on campus food options with a variety of different options. There is also caribou coffee and plenty of vending machines. Lots of areas for studying. The teachers and faculty are all very helpful and friendly.

Miranda

I really like the school and some of the things it provides even while I was in high school. The only problem I came across while taking in school classes is that while advertised it is not a flexible college for students who also work I have come across lots of problems due to my job and classes. Besides that It works fine for online and most teachers are very nice and understanding.

Overall Century College is a good community college. It was good professors, I personally have found some really great ones. The class sizes are very good, I have never had a class where I felt that there were too many people, and discussions weren't possible. Century is a diverse college in all meanings of the word: people, academics, race, religion, politics, gender, and sex.

Houa

I love century and will recommend to every student to go there because the teacher and the stuff really helpful. They are really nice and clean building also there are a lot of tutors to help a lot of student. Especially the teacher are really patient for the student for example international student and ESOL student or any other student that needs help they will help you. All you have to do is ask them.

Century College is a good option for people who can't afford to go to college but I think the way that they choose who gets into what program is a bit unfair. They should go to a different method of choice because people who deserve to get into the programs have a good GPA, financial standing are being denied from the programs because of the way they are accepting people into them.

Trinna

It is a good local community college. I think that Century College could use some more resources when it comes to any general questions about college. Having more help when it comes to getting help with scholarships would be more useful because some students families do not know how to go about it.

Bishop

Century college is a great stepping stone for people who are transferring from highschool life into college life. It is good for those who want to excel into a University in the future, but want a affordable price. The teachers at Century are very understandable and are clear with their curriculum!

Joshua

While looking for HVAC programs in Minnesota Century College consistently provided what I wanted: low tuition, easily accessible location, and instructors who are committed to success of their students. Tuition is lower than all other HVAC programs in Minnesota but that isn’t at the expense of equipment, currently an industrial chiller is being installed in the lab and a 480 Volt 3 phase wall was built for motor class last semester. Located off of highway 694, Century offers a campus further from the downtown areas of Minnesota resulting in less traffic and congestion. The instructors at Century honestly care, it is the primary reason I chose this college. The instructors genuinely want you to succeed; they have a fair but challenging curriculum.

Ciera

Century College is a great school to meet new people from around the world and to focus on your career. The professors and advisors do everything in their power to help a student succeed! There are always activities and meetings throughout the months. MY favorite thing about Century is how they give free food during intervals between classes sometimes. I think any student would appreciate a free meal! The bookstore is filled with helpful people who can find any named title of a book you will need. I recommend everyone to at least look into Century College.

Danielle

I am currently in the paramedic program at Century College and I have to say it was the best decision I could have made. The professors for the paramedic program are extremely knowledgeable and easy to get ahold of. The program is designed around adult learning which is what I needed since I work full time while I am in school. I would highly recommend Century College to any student looking to become a paramedic.

Xou

Overall, I love Century. It doesn't have a high student population, but the quality of the students that attend Century is superb! I feel like Century has an extremely great support system set up. From staff that are willing to help you with whatever, to tutors that are willing to work with you one on one free of charge! Also, there are centers where if you need help with your writing skills or you need help with your math, there is always people there to help. There's just so much support there. I feel extremely comfortable to ask for anything. There's always someone there to help. Also, the teachers are extremely friendly and nice. They're also very knowledgeable and care for you as a student and want you to succeed.

Alli

Century College is a great community school to attend if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to get your generals done, have not figured out what your major is going to be, or working and attending school. The resources on campus are always there to use-- a lot of the people on campus are work-study students who are friendly and always willing to help. The staff and professors are friendly and encouraging, as well as present in the academic aspect. The professors are really kind and accommodating-- the ones that I have had at least-- and they are always willing to help you succeed as long as you are communicating openly with them, as well as trying your best in their classes. The campus is fairly small, two separate campuses connected by a bridge. Usually will always find a parking spot as well as bus stops on both sides of campus. There is the library where the sciences are held and more student activities on the other side where the liberal arts are more at. There's a lot of food options, whether you eat on campus or off, and they are easily accessible by a short drive or even walk. There is a lot to explore at Century despite its small size, and there is always something to do on campus (clubs, organization events, etc.)

I love it there, at least for my major. I am in the Paramedic Sciences program and all the instructors are wonderful. The classwork is invigorating, and after completing the program, they continue to give you opportunity. On top of the academic standpoint, they have campus security that will escort you to your car if you're there late at night and feel unsafe.

Son

Great school for non-traditional students that work full time as well as traditional students. The overall cost is very helpful for those that want to keep debts low to earn an associates degree or on their way to a bachelors degree. Transfering to universities in Minnesota is easier because they work with them to minimize taking classes that don’t transfer.

Kaitlyn

It is an okay school. Lots of PSEO students (Juniors or Seniors in high school who also attend Century) and then a mix of actual college students and some older adults. Teachers old office hours and are open by email and class size is usually 20-30 students. Most of the teachers are good, but the classes are fairly easy and the campus is very small. However, there are lots of groups, clubs, and posters so if you want to be active and involved I am sure you can be. As a PSEO student two years was just enough for me to spend there.

Caleb

This truly is a school were you determine your overall enjoyment and academic success. They provide you with all of the materials and resources you need but it is up to you to take advantage of it. Each professor is required to have so many office hours a week where students can meet with them and discuss anything they would like. Most faculty goes above and beyond this limit trying to make a personal connection to each student and spending as much time as necessary to make sure you succeed. It really is the kind and helpful staff that make all the difference. Unfortunately they only offer associate's degree's so I will be transferring to complete my degree. However if it was not for that I would gladly stay here for all four years as I feel like I am part of the family.