Cerritos College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cerritos College

Russell

I am very fond of this campus. Choosing to attend for my first two years of college was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Between saving money and an accessible campus, Cerritos College is an excellent student for students pursuing associate degrees, students that intend to transfer, and students returning to education alike. I plan on transferring next fall in pursuit of my BM, but I will continue to attend Cerritos College's music programs as Dr. Betancourt's instructorship is top-notch.

Madison

It is very nice here at Cerritos. It wasn't originally my college of choice but I ended up here. I thought it was going to be a bad school to attend and at first, I was embarrassed but later I found how useful all the counselors, professors, and students are when it comes to choosing a major and finding resources on how to be a successful transfer.

yvonne

Cerritos College genuinely cares about their students and the city is which the college resides in. They provide services to aid their students when it comes to education, housing, and food. They speak up on issues going on around us and the world to assure their students that they are a safe space for all.

Valerie

I started to attend Cerritos College in Summer 2019, 2 weeks after I graduated from high school. Overall, this college is neither positive or negative. Most student go to their classes and then leave. No one really participates in extra curricular activities, and/or sports. The class here are good, and all of my professors have been great. This college is good, but there isn't anything that makes it over the top or special.

Marcelle

I hate it. Horrible professor. It smells like weed everywhere.

Gizelle

I do not regret my decision of coming here and completing my A-G/transfer requirements. There are many services and programs that are available to help a study succeed in their field of interest. I also have made a few good friends on campus. The science and art buildings are my favorite on campus. I love how I am able to hang out in the art building where it is quiet and I love the science building where I am able to interact with professors one on one. Overall, your experience at Cerritos College is what you make of it!

Cerritos College is a fun, safe, and overall great college. There are many opportunities to meet new people. The classes are not over crowded and the professors are very caring. The campus is beautiful and will see some new buildings in the next few years. The campus feels safe and comforting, even late at night.

Namir

Overall, Cerritos College is a good school if you have a plan. The facilities are great but it is hard to get classes. If students are serious about coming here, be sure to join programs like EOPS to get priority registration. The classes are great if you can get it.

sarah

It is a great school.

Kaitlin

Cerritos Community College is a great place to start and find out the path you want to take. The teachers are readily available and offer help when needed. The counselors are there to support you and provide any financial aid help. There are many programs to help you transfer out quickly.

Kenny

It's a great college and I would recommend it to any friends that are planning to or are looking for a college. My brother came to this college and found that it was really good for what we are studying. The campus looks great and the people seem good.

Cerritos College is one of the few community colleges that actually care about you as a student. The staff are excellent; the way the professors teach and offer support is superb. Professors offer office hours that are a great resource to take advantage of. Some departments offer tutoring, which is a great opportunity to receive help outside of the classroom. The campus is friendly and welcoming.

Joannaly

Cerritos is a Great school where everyone is extremely nice and willing to help, most of the professors want to see their students succeed; so they make themselves easily available. The campus big enough to be a little late to class after you found paring, but not big enough to get lost in. Overall good, school; I've learned a lot and made tons of friends.

Yajaira

Cerritos College is a great school to attend. I've had great experiences, professional staff that is willing to help. Professors are willing to help in every aspect needed, they have office hours free touring and willing to help before and after class for those who need help. I am a hay student attending Cerritos College!

Savannah

Cerritos College is great!. There are many groups and activities you can get involved in while being there. The staff is great, personally i haven’t talked to anyone who was mean or anything like that. The counseling is great, they help you find a plan that suits you and what you want to do . I cannot stress how amazing the AIME programs are, from personal experience they helped me a lot and have done for many other students . There are so many resources you can use for yourself , homework, etc. The college in general is a great place.

Anthony

My overall opinion of Cerritos College is it is a very safe and nice community college to attend because professors and staff are so helpful there when you have any questions. I really enjoy and am proud to be a student of this college because it is just a great place to be to learn with no distractions.

Onyeka

My overall opinion of Cerritos College is that you know it's a very good community college in my area. The professors I had were cool, serious, weren't the typical college professor just being firm, it was nice. Then the clubs I joined were great, IFalcon club was fun, had pizza, drinked soda, did some group activites on campus for scholarships and etc.

Briana

When I enrolled to Cerritos College I had never visit it before. For some reason I had negative connotations about community college, so my expectations were low. To my surprise I found the school beautiful, with green nice grass and some new buildings. In regarding the classes I have learned something new in every class and enjoy the class environment. Sometimes is hard to get into some classes like math 60 and 80 (but that only happens if your appointment day is in the last week). Talking about the professors, for the most part I got bless with good professors.

Joseph

On an honest note, I have had some of the worst experiences at the community college than most others have had to endure. A lot of those would have to do with the involvement programs that I was in. Sometimes college seems very simple and easy when you begin but that is not always the case. It is really competitive and when you try to sometimes make a name for yourself in a humble way but things do not always go like that. At times, everyone thinks their better than the other because of the nature of college and trying to have the best possible image for yourself. I really wish things were not that way and that we all saw the good in each other. We feed into the stigma that we need to oppress our peers to get to where we want. This is me saying in the sense of being involved with extra circular activities and programs within the college. You sometimes see the true nature than a student who is not involved and just trying to get the average two years done. Regardless of how I feel and what I think of the nature within my campus, I still have high respect for the services that are offered to students. Without resources like financial aid, I probably wouldn't have the opportunity to get this far and even have a college story to share with the world. As well as programs that are made available to help you succeed such as tutoring services or transferring opportunities. It is a good school, I just feel that we should walk together to make it too the end.

Victor

It is a great opportunity for people to pursue their education after high school for a reasonable price. They are also slowly making campus life better by making a on campus gym for students. The professors are very kind and very understanding to every day life and what's even better is that they truly want you to succeed and keep you on your toes to stay on the right path and not slack off. There is also many opportunities to receive tutoring, scholarships, and advicement.

Alex

Cerritos College is a great way for graduating high school students to learn more about subjects they might have an interest in so they can hopefully pursue a career in that field. I am grateful for attending Cerritos I have met many great Professors that i now consider mentors since they help students chase their dreams and provide support when needed.

Genesys

About a year ago, I remember being on the Cerritos College campus and realizing it was the school I wanted to attend. I was going through a rough patch and attending a different community college. Cerritos college was having a student art exhibition, which I attended to support a friend. The way everything was so organized and everyone was so welcoming really helped me make a decision to transfer. Moreover, the professors have each taught me so much, in especially the art department. Transferring to Cerritos college has made my life a lot easier in a few different aspects. Their programs like EOPS and DSPS, have personally helped me so much. Overall, attending Cerritos College has been a great experience which I am grateful to be a part of.

Thuy

This is a very good school. There are many classes available. The staffs are really helpful. It is also have different schedules for working people. The school has high rate of transfer. Also, it has many programs and divisions that student can attend.

Royal

Cerritos is a great school to attend before transferring to a university. There are a lot of wonderful professors but you must look on ratemyprofessor to find them. It's a good size campus, not too big and not too small. The only downside is parking.

Anna

I've been going to Cerritos College since Fall of 2017, I'm currently in my second year here. I wouldn't say that Cerritos college is an absolute dream, but it's definitely on the up and up. They have been tearing down old buildings and replacing them with stylish new ones, I firmly believe that Cerritos is going to become the standard of community colleges in the near future. Cerritos has an overall breezy and easy-going feel to it, the vibes from Cerritos also apply to the students who go there. Most of the students my age who go to Cerritos are eventually going to transfer to a University, and I would say that most of the older students are in Cerritos to finish their GED or get an Associates Degree. I do have some complaints though. The food is... edible, but not tasty. The pizza shop has really bad pizza, but it's dirt cheap (which is probably why I see so many people eat it). The coffee shop has pretty good coffee, but the blended drinks are powdery and really sweet. The college shop is expensive, but not as expensive as other college shops I've been too. All of these complaints have solutions though, Cerritos is surrounded by fast food and sit down restaurants, the most popular would probably be In n Out. There's a Starbucks across the street that would solve the coffee problem. And if the college shop is too expensive, you can run across the street to Staples. Overall, I believe that Cerritos College is ingrained in the culture of Norwalk, and I really love it here.

Esperanza

Cerritos College is a decent community college. I wish there were more classes available to help students expand there career choices. As for the professors, they are very helpful and approach the class in engaging ways. The worst rating I would give is for the security I feel on campus. There are always emails being sent to students about sexual harassment, and I would blame it on the lack of security and especially the lack of lighting in the parking lot areas at night time.

Elena

Cerritos college offers a variety of programs and majors. Teachers there try to blend there course work with the real life. At the end of completing or even before you can definitely find a job in the field you are majoring. Also, there are facilities that can help you with your homework if your having trouble.

Brayan

My opinion on this campus is that it is a small community where people that do not like huge environment could attend here and have a great time learning. There are also good restaurants around like In N Out and also Starbucks since many individuals like it. Overall I think it is a great campus to learn and feel safe because there are securities going around.

Cerritos is a great place to start for people who do not have the necessary funds or time to join a four year university. I get more done here than the school I transferred from (Biola University) and I honestly believe that the staff and administration are here for the students' sake. There are many club opportunities, and while I can't say that the campus is completely free from crime or drugs, it is still generally a campus where I can walk around and easily find help either from fellow students or campus security.

Emilee

Cerritos College is a great school that has various opportunities available to its diverse students. It has many resources available for current students to help them strive for success in gaining their higher education. Overall, it is a safe campus that invests in its students to help their future.

It's a great school students are involved in classes and ready to learn. Teachers and staff do their best to ensure you are doing well in all your classes and are on track for your educational goals. Students are friendly and approachable. Their are great services and helpful tutors that are free. The food choices are good on campus subway and starbucks, vending machines, game room.

keeyara

Cerritos is a nice school they have plenty to do and the professors are always helping, cerritos has good programs and has a good transfer center. The counselors really help and picking your classes is not so difficult. There is plenty of food options some healthy some not and they have a gaming room which is cool because its nice to relax at school and there is plenty of clubs on campus.

Nora

I really liked Cerritos because it’s a good school with good professors. The food is also good and there are many places to hang out. I really like how there’s free tutoring available for homework help. Overall, I would recommend it to anyone planning on going to a community college.

Victoria

My overall opinion of Cerritos College is that is a great school, is one of the best community college in the area. It provides amazing programs for students in order to help them have better educational opportunities. Everyone a the the school is friendly and respect one another. And overall and great school to go to weither your your their to transfer or to graduate.

Jeannette

I've gone to other 2-year colleges, and honestly I love Cerritos. The Professors are amazing and really helpful. The campus is clean and always improving. The student body alone is great. Everyone is really helpful, and great during class conversations. I would absolutely recommend coming to Cerritos College.

Melissa

I think it is a good college with many opportunities to transfer or further your education. There are lots of available help and resources. They offer many 2 year programs and other opportunities like Cosmetology and Automotive Careers. Even if you don’t feel the standard four year degree is for you, you will never feel discouraged to pursue a different career.

ana

My overall opinion of Cerritos College is that is a great school, is one of the best community college in the area. It provides amazing programs for students in order to help them have better educational opportunities. I am currently enrolled in the Puente Program, it is a great program that helps students become leaders and mentors.

Cerritos college is a great place for an associates degree. Because it is a community college, we focus on getting students into a four year rather than keeping them for long periods of time. That means that sororities and fraternities aren’t very present, similarly, sports also fall within that category of “long term” college. It is a great introduction to college and a great way to save money for the major classes you’ll take at a university or cal state.

dshelle

it a good school the people are nice

melanie

I honestly love the class and the professors. The professors always seem passionate of teaching their students. The whole atmosphere is very organized and social. The campus is very safe and consist of many store and sources around the campus. Cerritos college is absolutely a great school

Peggy

I enjoyed going there. The professors are very help. Also, the school have plenty of clubs a student can joined. I had to dropped out about four years ago, now i will be going going back in the fall. It was very easy to get back in school. I'm going to pick up where I left off.

They say it takes a village to raise a child, and yes indeed. Cerritos College is part of the village; it is my home. The staff at my school has helped me grow as a person. I have become a more open minded, independent, and a psychologically resilient individual. The staff has not only cared about my academic success, but they have also cared about my well-being. Cerritos College is a place where individuals are able to express themselves without being judged. It is a place where international students, people from the LGBT community, and people with learning disabilities are cared for, catered to, and respected. Our cultural backgrounds are respected and celebrated. Cerritos College is diversity, a place where I can be who I what want to be.

Sothea

The school has a lot of programs and certificates that encourages students to go for them. By obtaining a certificate, students have a better chance of impressing interviewers with their new skills. Going for the career that students want, there will always be a competition. Stand out and be unique in order to get picked for that position.