Cerro Coso Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cerro Coso Community College

Jordan

Cerro Coso Community College is an amazing school and I had a great first year last year! Classes were pretty easy and I learned lots of new information, which was the prefect combination. All the professors I had were very knowledgeable and taught the material in very good ways. The campus is very nice and offers lots of help and resources to students. It is also a hunger free campus, so they provide monthly food distributions snacks all throughout campus! This is a very cool attribute of the school! Athletics are the best part, the teams are family and we all support each other. Each sports program has been building and getting better so we can make a name for ourselves. Overall, this is a great 2 year school and has everything you will be looking for!

jenna

I think Cerro Coso is a great college for the community. They offer great programs and have a great community for support. The counselors are always willing to help and it’s easy to make an appointment with them. Having another campus 40 minutes away is helpful if the program you are looking for isn’t in our town we can travel!

Brisa

Cerro Coso Community College is a a school that has thousands of students studying in the area. The professors, staff, and students are a great environment to be around. Everyday you're able to learn new things and this allows students to spread the word on the events occurring in the area. My perspective as a student is that we are the top priority and counselors are amazing at showing that they care about us and our education for our futures.

Janis

I have had the best experience at Cerro Coso. The faculty and other staff have always been friendly and supportive. When there are events, the atmosphere is inclusive and celebratory. Sometimes I make an excuse to be on campus just because it is an encouraging and relaxing environment. We have a small campus but it is set out really well and is pleasant to be on.

Kimberly

Cerro Coso Community College is a friendly and inviting atmosphere to learn and grow from a student to the work world. Awesome faculty and Professors. Awesome students! I have personally been a student off and on while working full time and have been able to obtain my MA, CNA, and AS degree in Social Services. I am now accepted into the LVN program that starts in Jan 2017. There is no limit to my future here. I love it!

lee

A good starting school for anyone they do there best for people makeing it easy for fresh students.The even doorm rooms which is a rare thing for communitiy schools, and a full school ship grant for thos apply to stay there for awhile. Equiped with a full gym and fully decked out loung for people to study and relaxing takeing a break.

Morgan

My overall opinion is that its a nice and simple college; all teacher are willing to work with their students and make time to help them. All classes I have had so far have a good amount of students who are all egger to learn and collaborate wit one another. Thought this is a small community college and the only I have been to; there's not a lot of activities or spirit towards sports and other things; not a lot involvement in the college. besides that I have to say I pretty good college to start out at.

Allison

I do Cerro Coso Community College online so I don't really know about life on campus. I have been on campus a couple times and I've felt safe. The classes aren't generally overfilled and the professors are great. Its a small town which is nice. The location of campus is great as well because it over looks the town.

Helga

Cerro Coso Community College does everything to help students reach their goals. The professors are very supportive and some are even funny. They even have Access Programs like EOPS which gives students who receive FAFSA support in many ways like free books, motivation to keep on track, events, parking tickets, and more.

Jannah

Its nice and small and family like which makes learning not only easier but pleasurable as well. The resources available are awesome and abundant they help to make it easy to learn by supplying all of the necessary tools like books pens and pencils paper you name it!. The staff at the school is friendly welcoming and helpful! Professors are awesome and very experienced in the field of which they teach .

Letia

It’s a Wonderful college to go to.I like the events that are on the campus. The staff are great when you need the help. Using the computer

Katelyn

Cerro Coso Community College in Mammoth Lakes, CA is a quaint little college in the mountains that actually offers on-campus housing. I do not like on-campus so my review on the housing is not from first hand experience. I also do not think the college provides food for on-campus students, but Vons, a 24/hr grocery story, is a five minute walk from campus. There is always something to do in Mammoth. There is the mountain so plenty of skiing and snowboarding, there is arguably the best skatepark in California here (no bikes or scooters allowed), there are endless hiking trails, mountain biking, climbing, running, lakes, the list is endless! There is not a ton of affordable housing off campus but the city council is working to solve that problem. Mammoth is a safe and fun zone that may not have the largest academic selection but the small class size and the endless activities available outside of the classroom compensate for any of the college's shortcomings.

Chelsi

the campus was very inviting. Everyone seemed to be enjoying what they were working on. The entire campus had a very positive attitude. Listening to the students talk about their professors made it seem like the professors were very involved in the student's success.

Trinity

Cerro Coso in Mammoth is a great community college to go to. It is small but everyone is friendly and it is easy to make friends! The nice thing about this college is that there are dorms on the campus, but if you don't want to live on campus, there are some nice places to live in town; however, they are a little pricey. The class sizes are small so it is easy to learn and ask the teacher questions. There are a lot of outside activities in Mammoth such as skiing/snowboarding and hiking. It is a beautiful place to live and it is a great community college to attend to finish your general education. I seriously recommend people go to Cerro Coso Community College in Mammoth.

Sabriana

Enjoyed my career here and feel I got a worthwhile experience while attending this college. I mostly studied fine arts and studio arts as there are many classes that held my interests. Additionally I fulfilled my general education requirements and sought counseling to help guide me toward my goals of transferring to an out of state university.

Valerie

Cerro Coso has been such great help. I started off at AVC and just kept going in circles and wasn't getting the help I needed. My coworker told be to look into Cerro Coso and in just 2-3 days I had applied, did the orientation, spoke to a counselor, made an education plan, and enrolled in my first class. I never thought I would go back to college but Cerro Coso Community College made it happen!

It is a great college to get the ball rolling. They offer a variety of programs and degrees and I am currently enrolled in the nursing program, and I have completed my CNA certification here as well. I am thankful that this college has multiple campuses that makes it easier for students living in small areas to attend.

Felicity

It's a pretty good school the teachers are very helpful and want to help the students succeed. They try and get the students involved in activities they show many events that help raise awareness for disabilities, and many other issues. The counselors are very helpful in wanting to help the students eather to go into a four year or into what career they wanted to go into.

Madison

Overall Cerro Coso has been good to me. I have been able to take all my transferable classes and I will be graduating this spring which means I will have been at Cerro Coso for two years. Unfortunately, Cerro Coso's counseling center is the down fall. Many students have been very trusting in our counseling department and just for that, will not be graduating when they intended to. Cerro Coso is most known for their terrible counseling center around town which is very sad and is something they need to start taking seriously or to make a much needed change. I was my own counselor up there and I'm thankful I took matters into my own hands or else I would have been a victim to them like many others.

daniel

It is a small school but far-reaching due to its affiliation with other county community colleges as well as a large amount of online class content. The faculty is extremely helpful from the counseling center to the instructors. There is constantly something happening to keep students busy and involved including a hunger prevention program which is spectacular.

I have not been going to Cerro Coso for long, but my experience so far has been pretty great. Scheduling my classes around my work schedule was a lot easier than I thought it would be. There are many night classes and Cerro Coso which is really convenient. I think the counselors are really nice too and are there whenever you need.