Chabot College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Chabot College

Hyle

It is well rounded with a range of activities and the academics are focused on helping students succeed in either transferring to a 4 year university or earning a new job. There is a lot to offer in the arts and has lots of different focuses that allow students to learn what they want.

Candice

Chabot College is a hidden gem inside of the vast Bay Area. Chabot has recently remodeled many buildings such as their main counseling/academics building, as well as their theatre. Like every school, you have your bad professors and your good professors, but this school has probably the best professors you will ever get, because they are so knowledgeable about the academic world, they are not only giving advice to young teens who's parents paid their way through college, you are involved in a real community of all ages and abilities, and anyone can find themselves at home here.

George

Pretty decent community college. Not the greatest in the world, but overall I generally find myself satisfied with the services that are provided and the facilities available. Generally the professors have been very helpful in assisting me, and there are a good amount of clubs to join.

Tung

Chabot College is a nice place to build a good foundation for future studies. Academic quality is good and student services are plenty for those who know how to navigate the system.

Claire

It's a diverse campus that is a safe space and welcoming to everyone. The clubs are excellent, and there are a lot of students who are driven to transfer to a four-year college. It's in the same area as CSU East Bay, and a lot of students end up transferring there. There is also a high transfer rate to UC Berkeley. Overall, the professors enjoy interacting with the students and are usually reachable. There are a wide range of programs available, which are usually pretty easy, but you need a lot of help and support to do a STEM major there.

Adam

This is a very large school with tens of thousands of students from all tracked of education. citificate programs job training and folk looking to transfer. Have nothing but good things to say about it. And all of my instructors have always been helpful and available when needed.

NICOLE

In my opinion, Chabot College is a great school to get in and get out. The staff here usually do a great job with assisting their students with the proper resources & tools to succeed. I have recommended this school to African-American students more than five times as I wish I had the opportunity to attend out of High School.

Paul Alexander Matthew

It's the best place to start when you are financially or mentally ready on what kind of course you're taking , I've only heard that it is a very friendly place and i have friends in there that like being there, it's a very interactive place, which you can start beginning your life without thinking about stressing about which college you should go to, and the best part is after 2-years if you thing you're ready you transfer to your Dream college.

Breanna

So far I think Chabot is a great college. It’s affordable and I’m getting a great education and being able to set myself up to continue my education/ career after. My professors have been incredibly helpful not only on academic levels but personal levels. They have been professional and understanding. They know how to balance seriousness and fun in a classroom to keep the students involved

Lois Sarah

Chabot is the BEST SCHOOL ON THE PLANET and this is coming from someone who didn't want to come here in the first place. . It will be one's own doing to fail while being at Chabot. The faculty cares incredibly about the student as well as the administration. they are great services and a lot of money spent on transfer student expectially. we have the only BMW program in the bay are at Chabot College. Very diverse campus in terms of people, backgrounds, majors and associate degrees. Great job opportunities on campus and we sometimes get renound speakers such as Cesar Chavez son. We have a lot of clubs on campus and the school takes a lot of the transfer students on ca,pus visit. NASA and google and UC Berkeley work closely with us to offer both paid and unpaid internships. The people at the school from the president to the current high school students make the school so special. People are nice, involved enthusiastic. the school is located in a perfect and safe environment. it';s also close enough to the city of San Francisco if you wanted to go have fun, or just explore. we have a very high graduation and retention rate. my school feels more like a community of everyone involved in your education than a campus. i'll miss this school because just like many other before me, i'm transferring next semester. I know deep down in my heart that wherever i go i will never find what i found here at Chabot. I love this school with all my heart and just like many other i will be thrilled to come back and work here. i guess all there is left to say is GO GLADIATORS.

Gwendolyn

Attending Chabot College has been a life-changing experience. The professors genuinely care about their students and how they perform in class. There are many entertaining extracurricular activities available on-campus that help the students de-stress. An example is the school's carnival that was available for two days in April. Students had access to rides, games, and free food. During finals' week, three days are dedicated to helping students relax. Tie-dye is offered, and therapy dogs are on campus to help students relax. Food trucks are also found around campus so students can get a quick affordable meal before heading to class. There are many clubs students can be a part of where friends can be made. I am a part of Alpha Gamma Sigma, the school's honor's society, and I have made countless friends. I volunteer with the club at the school's flea market, which is held every month. The club also hosts academic parties at the end of the semester. Chabot College has helped me blossom into a more intelligent and social young adult, and I highly recommend this campus to seniors in high school.

Nancy

Chabot community college is a really good school. People make it seems like its not degree worthy since its a community college but teachers teach no different than my friends that go to a four university. Its a really affordable school and I recommend it to anyone

Sarah Jane

My overall opinion is that it's just a regular community college with basic amenities and activities. Nothing really special, which I wish was different. I know that right now, they are currently renovating, or in the works of renovating certain buildings and areas of the campus. But honestly I know it is hard because of the community, meaning it is quite expensive for these projects although many areas of the school need some remodeling and updating.

Joanna

I like this school. I really do, however there's a lot that they can improve on, like PARKING!!!!! if you're not there by 8:30am, good luck to you, even if your classes don't start till 10am you'll wont find anything not even street parking! as for the education department they have a lot good things going for them if only your going into fire, cop, criminal justice, auto etc... you know the typical normal jobs its just said how everything else is way under funded like Theater program (even when TOM HANKS came here) and Arts program, which is the program that currently in. but the teachers here are nice they want to help you do great in life. and the programs here you have make some life long friends in this place.

Nicholas

Chabot College is a school of great talent and opportunity. There is a great Engineering Department and the students are very friendly and helpful towards others. Students are competitive here when it comes to grades for the classes I have taken, but overall the students will come together to if it is necessary to pass or do well in classes. The professors do what they can to help the students understand the material. There are many tutors around to help students and many extracurricular activities to keep you busy while your away from class.

Jaszmyne

My overall opinion of Chabot College is that it is a great place to start off if you can't afford to go straight to an university. The school is honestly better if you are in a program. I love the Umoja program because the teachers that are in it as well are very much available and if they see you need help they will give you everything in them to try and help you out.

Jade

Chabot College is one of the greatest Junior Colleges I have ever attended. The counselor that I have here is amazing. She is currently making sure that I have all the classes I need in order to transfer. The only thing that I have o look more into now are scholarships. I'm glad I found this school. It has helped me a lot. Thank You Chabot. :)

ERIK

Chabot College is a great school! It's the school that I chose, out of the many community college within the Bay Area. I was previously attending Sac State awhile back but it made me feel a little uncomfortable, so I decided to go to transfer to a community college. I surely believe that Chabot is the college that is going to help me on my way to success.

Vincent

This school has been a great overall adventure, I have never had such friendly and interactive teachers as i have at this campus. I came from the East Coast and everyone is so friendly and interactive. The programs offered here are extensive and well understood by both professors and students alike. This school comes highly praised for any student looking to further their academic future and make life long friends who become family.

Rafael

Chabot College is school where all are welcomed to learn and meet new acquaintances. Chabot College is a nice school because the professors for my major prep course were always available and the course materials will prepare anyone if they plan to transfer to a four year university.

Viviana

Chabot college has a lot of resources available for students. The instructors are available in office hours or through email as well. Most of them tend to reply fast. The class sizes are around 35-45 and hasn't been in issue. The STEM center, free tutoring, communication lab, counseling center are all great places to get extra help or guidance.Overall it's a good school with lots of support.

Matthew

It is a great community filled with professors that are there to help students succeed. While it does not have all the fancy amenities that many colleges do, the people are incredibly friendly and there is no lack of support. There are many classes to choose from, though it can be difficult to finish in 2 years if you wish to transfer to a difficult discipline, such as engineering or computer science.

Magdalena

Chabot College has given me the opportunity to be as successful as I can be. It has given me several options in education, sports, and extracurricular activities. And each area has faculty dedicated to your success and understanding of the material. Everyone is very professional when needed but also knows how to relax and joke around. Every student is willing to help. We’re a team at Chabot, it’s not every man for themself.

Reyna

Overall, I'm very impressed with Chabot College. Although it's a small community college in a quiet neighborhood, there are a plethora of activities, programs, and extracurricular to enjoy, including an amazing nursing program and even firefighter training! The staff are very down-to-earth and honest with you and their beliefs. The campus has this familial aura which is hard to find at other schools. I love Chabot College!

Lorena

It is a great way to start life after high school. Although there are people who poke fun at community college, the environment is very relaxed and everyone is willing to help each other. I was a bit skeptical myself and I was originally going to attend UC Riverside. I am glad that I decided to attend Chabot College first because I am slowly figuring out what I want to be and what I want to accomplish in life. Also being a student of a low-income family, attending Chabot has helped me save the thousands that I was originally going to dedicate to UC Riverside. I feel financially relieved that I only have to spend money on textbooks in general because the cost of dorming was stressing and by living near my college, I have one less thing to worry about.

Sumita

I had my doubts about this community college due to its location and the reputation it upheld. However, three semesters in, I've come to really appreciate all the professors I've had, who are flexible enough to see me even when it's not during office hours, and even my counselor who is avidly helping me with my transfer process.

Diego

Chabot, a step in pursuing a higher education has been a thought within a high school student's mind without a doubt if other universities reject creates a nearly familiar feel for locals and a good welcome for non-locals. The overall population feels very approacable if you feel lost, are new to college life, or are someone looking to make a new friend. The instructors are mostly helpful and just the staff themselves give an understanding to what they are teaching although not every student can be instructed the same way as other students or even keep up as we're all from different backgrounds of diversity, economical status, or even in age. Overall everyone learns something to an extent. Most of the buildings tend to blend in with eachother with the exception of difference of what it displays through windows or transparent doors; The art area proudly displays work for passing students to see where they are and what pieces are what I view as memorable to them most likely, theatre shows that it is indeed entertainment with their box office and on rare occasion a familiar face from the past, the future auto technicians make some noise in the garage for the outside to hear they're hard at work, the medical/ dentistry students go out of their buildings to get a well deserved break as tough as their careers seem to be, etc. The school is nice for what it is and makes a decent start for someone looking to increase their educational side. I do believe there are things in life they will be able to help out with but really attending is better to see for yourself.

Chazz

Before coming into Chabot college I had heard and seen it to be a bad college in the view of numerous High School peers that I have met. Now that I finally finished schooling here I had come to realize all that was said about the college was not true. I found an abundance of diversity among students, clubs, and activities. I also had found teachers who were also just as invested in my education as I was. Going to Chabot College I was able to find myself and find a passion for social work. There are is a great amount of resources for students to use, ranging from counseling, tutoring, and many different clubs. I believe Chabot College is an amazing education filled with numerous opportunities. Also for those who are unsure where their paths lead in life, this college is a great stepping stone to help guide you to your next step in life.