Chadron State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Chadron State College

Chadron State College is a great college that provides many opportunities for their students. They have a wide option of classes, activities, and entertainment that you can get involved into. I personally enjoy the Justice Studies Department. The professors for the department are very involved and care for he well being of their students. They care more about the students’ progress and understanding of the material than a grade. The overall all academic level of the college is impressive. The students learn many things and not just in their own fields of study. Campus itself is not boring. There is always something going on. If it is not an athletic game, there are plays or other activities to go to. There is something for everyone.

Chadron is a great community. I met many people on the first day that I am still friends with. We are a very active campus, we have many games, sports and art gatherings for all students to enjoy. We have a clubs for just about everyone, some including sororities and fraternities, rodeo, video gaming, and many others. I highly recommend Chadron to any one that wants to get a good feel about college- it is a great place to start out and the price is not too bad either. Chadron is a place that really sticks to you. Everyone is here to help you complete your goals. The teachers work with you one-on-one and they know you by name because the class sizes are small. Despite the small class sizes this school is small but with a big feel.

Maria

Chadron State College is a great school for those who are willing to work hard and put their selves out there. Chadron has an amazing Geoscience program with a field camp course every summer for two weeks. Field camp provides a hands on opportunity where we, the students, get to learn to take good field notes and to recognize different geological features. Last year we traveled to Wyoming, Utah, and Idaho looking at the geology and traveling back in time to imagine what the earth looked like in the past and how it has changed over time. The campus itself contains a trove of fossilized camels, oreodonts, rabbits, and horses. Class sizes are perfect and allow for one on one time with professors. The professors are very willing to help and enjoy mingling with the students so that the professors become more than just teachers but also great friends who I have a great deal of respect for. I would highly recommend this school. It is not too expensive and has great people who want to help you succeed.

Christina

I love it. There's plenty of friendly people on campus and there's always something going on. No matter what dorm hall you're in, the classes are within reasonable walking distance. The food is great and I highly recommend the Chicken Fried Steak. There's plenty of places to camp, hike, bike, and trail ride in the area.

While Chadron could offer more political, cultural, and art-centered opportunities, there is a supportive atmosphere. The professors are always there for the students, whether it's for academic support or even emotional. The English department is very close-knit and supportive. Their are some very supportive clubs. I am a member of the United club, an LGBTQIA+ club and we have created a safe space for many members. Chadron also has a very open environment for discussion in class. The classes are normally the size of about 20-30 students, which is very helpful in making a supportive environment for great discussions.

Caitlin

It is a very small, but friendly college campus. Everyone is willing to help and they are very good at keeping us safe. They update the dorm at least once a year and they are some of the best in the state. The classes are small so that the students can ask one on one questions with the teachers. And the campus is very beautiful. There is also a lot to do as far as after class activities like there are two to four close national park and there is almost always activities going on at the college.

joe

its an okay school

Andrea

On the day I toured CSC, it was bitter cold and snowing. The wind was blowing, as is common in western Nebraska. Walking around campus, though, I was not thinking about the cold; I was thinking about how welcoming everyone was, and how much I liked the campus. Even with the snow starting to accumulate, I could see how beautiful the campus would be in the fall and spring. The faculty and teaching staff at Chadron State made going to class fun and interesting. All of the professors aimed to help their students succeed, and would go out of their way to assist students who put forth the effort to improve themselves. The campus was not the only thing that appealed to me during my years as a student. The town was just as welcoming as everyone on campus. The slower pace of a small town made it possible to stay focused on school and extracurricular activities, instead of the allure of weekend nights downtown in a big city.

tochukw

one of the best college to attend

JoAnn

Chadron State is a great school where students can come and further their education at a reasonable price. All the facilities are always clean, organized, and easy to navigate. There are several clubs and organizations to be a part of, as well as special events put on by the resident life association that are a lot of fun!

Kelsey

Chadron State College is an intimate college where almost everyone knows everyone. If you're from a small town like I was, this is the perfect college for you. The class sizes are small so that the professors know your name. The campus is beautiful and the people there are nice, especially the upperclassmen.

Chadron State College is a excellent school. If you do not put yourself out there and work on learning you will not do very good. Some of the classes are hard and make you push yourself to do better but there are other classes that are relatively easy and get you the break you need.

caleb

When I visited Chadron State college I automatically fell in love with the environment and what Chadron Nebraska had to offer. Chadron is not a big town but it is perfectly fine there are enough places to go to enjoy time and there is a national park just right outside of Chadron. When I got on campus I was amazed at the whole college life. Walking through the school and through the dorms made me want to make it a reality. I met with a few of the teachers I will be having and they are open to help the students and they want the students to thrive and become successful adults in the real world. Chadron State College has a lot to offer and they offer it to every student who comes on campus. This makes the students and the visitors feel cared about and safe

Madison

I attended online and found the classes and delivery to be overall good. The teachers the choose to teach remotely really know what they are doing and seem to like their subject matter. I would say that there is not a lot of online majors but, that is true of any college. The START office is knowledgeable and will help you find the right classes and financial information for you.