Chaffey College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Chaffey College

Angel

I like it. Very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very much.

edwin

I think in my personal opinion as a former Chaffey Community College student that Chaffey Community College excels in the academic areas overall. The sports, arts, and political department(s) aspects of the community college itself are out of this world!!! I can say as that this community college has excellent faculty, staff, and students who prioritize and pride themselves in the subject of academic education.

Rubi

Not to be confused with a full-time student, I was still in high school when I began attending Chaffey College. I took about 10 classes and I was blessed with amazing professors. I even had a couple who were beyond extraordinary. I loved how available they were for tutoring and how well they taught their class. I always felt safe on campus even when I stayed there beyond 8:00 pm. Besides great professors, excellent on-campus police, helpful people at the admissions office, and an overall beautiful campus, I firmly believe it is a great community college and I will recommend this school to anyone who plans on continuing their education.

Paris

Please note-Chaffey Community College has no on/off campus housing, so my rating of one star is to only reflect that it is not option, and understandably so as it is a junior college. That being said, I am a huge proponent of junior college and have found that Chaffey College excels in having faculty that encourages students to strive to maintain their academics and look to transfer to a higher institute of learning. There are plenty of resources available for students of all walks of life-veterans, Dreamers, and even an on-campus daycare for students with children. All my professors have made themselves available to students, with some going further than others. Plenty of them hail from different schools as I’ve had professors who’ve taught at Ivy Leagues and professors who’ve taught at multiple Cal States. Class sizes are smaller-more reminiscent of high school, but lectures can get pretty full. There isn’t too much of a social environment at Chaffey, but it’s community college so everyone is coming and going, and you’ll find that most of the students have plenty on their plates. That being said, everyone is friendly and there are plenty of clubs and events hosted here. From students who have attended four-year institutes only to come to Chaffey due to unexpected events, most of them all agree that Chaffey’s academics are comparable to their schools and are impressed by it. Parking is tough, and classes can get full pretty fast, but Chaffey has smaller campuses in Fontana and Chino which is helpful for students living throughout the area. The campuses are well kept and clean, with a lot of the interior new and modern. I have nothing but good things to say as I found myself at Chaffey to save money before inevitably taking out loans when I transfer. This is a place of flexibility and diversity, and it’s worth considering if you are seeking to return to school or perhaps transfer to a four-year institute later.

Money

After transferring from a 4 year university and finishing my first semester at Chaffey College, I have to say I am very satisfied. The professors I have had so far have went out of their way to ensure that all of their students are successful. And on top of that, all the faculty, staff, and students are very friendly.

Karina

I started at Chaffey College the summer I graduated from high school. As any other high school graduate, I felt lost and had no idea what I was going to do with my life. When I started classes and spoke to my counselors and professors everything seemed to piece together. I have maintained a 4.0 GPA for a year and a half. Every class requires determination and the professors are always available. Chaffey College has great clubs and programs to get involved with. I am in EOPS and they help with textbook fees as well as being able to have your counselors there through your whole journey. Since I have been here at Chaffey College I have felt nothing but safe and on the right path.

mitchell

if you're looking for a place to get you set and ready to transfer to a major university, chaffey is a great "one stop shop" that can get you where you want to go. There are tons of different opportunities, whether you're looking to transfer, get your AA, or get certified. the staff is very knowledgeable and ready to work with students who are willing to do the work.

Autumn

Chaffey was a good school for the most part. The counselors at the Chino campus were not 100% awesome, so I began going to the Rancho Cucamonga Campus for all my planning. The teachers were pretty good as well, and if you asked they were always more than willing to help you find ways to improve. Classes were rarely cancelled as well. Some professors even went as far as getting substitutes if necessary. I do not regret going here and completing both of m AA Degrees and my general education. Like I stated previously, the only thing I wish they would change is the attentiveness and involvement of those counselors at the Chino Campus. They just did not seem to be interested in helping you achieve goals as well as I wish they would.

LeAnn

I love my school and all it has to offer. It is a community college so there isn't housing but it's fine because I only live about 15 minutes away. All my classes are during the day so I always feel safe and I love the environment around campus. All of my professors are also very nice and always willing to help.

Arthur

My overall experience while being a current student at Chaffey College is typically good on a day by day status. The teachers are very helpful, communicative, the resources on campus are very helpful, and the students are all very respectful and helpful.

Salvador

The school can provide me with a lot of things, tp various cultures. I don't play sports or anything. The school is very close to my house, so it is perfect for me and i stay close to the people i love and adore. I hope i actually get into the college.

Karianne

Chaffey is a very nice community college. It is always working on improving itself, including relying on solar technology and improving the dining area. There is quite a lot of nature around the campus, including fruit trees and a pond with turtles in it.

Anthony

Chaffey College offers a myriad of classes for their students' selection. The teachers are a mostly friendly bunch who want nothing more than to improve the graduation rate, and will work with you to achieve that end. New students have low-priority enrollment and will initially find it difficult to get the classes they want but don't despair because there are ways around this. First, priority increases as long as you keep enrolling in classes at Chaffey, so it will work itself out eventually. Second, go see a counselor and ask if there's anything that can be done. They might not be inclined to help if you just started there, but the closer you get to graduating, the more inclined they become to step in on your behalf when a class is unavailable. Now this leads to one of Chaffey's major failings: the Counseling Department. There is one counselor at Chaffey whose reliability I would not call into question and the rest range from kind of unhelpful to incompetent in a way that almost mirrors maliciousness. If you ever need to see a counselor, go see Susan Starr. Her schedule fills up quickly because she is well known among the seasoned students as "The Good Counselor", so it is best to call a week in advance to set up an appointment and as soon as the office opens. With the exception of the Counseling Department, most other administration staff are very helpful. I have never run into a dead end while trying to turn in paperwork to the administration. If there was a roadblock, such as the staff member to whom I needed to turn in the paperwork being absent, they would suggest I try an alternate route. Chaffey College is a good school and better if you make use of the services they provide.

Esmeralda

Chaffey College is a community college in which only individuals who are committed attend. Although, I personally am not involved greatly within clubs, I know they do offer them. There is a lot of support from faculty, students, and everyone in general in this campus.

navasha

An over all great school. You can learn a lot. Professor really do care and want to see their students successed. You have a lot of learning opportunity in not only the classroom but outside the class as well. You will have a great connection with all of the students and staff.

Matthew

It is a great school. It is affordable for everyone, including out-of-state and international students. The professors I've had, have been kind, informative, knowledgeable and accessible. Chaffey College has 3 campuses (Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga, and Chino). The food is not the best on campus, thus it is best to eat at restaurant near by or go pick up food at a grocery store. The school offers a large variety of sports and extra curriculars. The school is one of the most diverse community colleges in California. Chaffey College is constructing new buildings to meet the growing student population. Chaffey College is also linked to UC's, CSU's, Harvard, etc. What that means, is that when you finish your two years of general education, you have the chance to transfer, as a college junior, to 4 year universities.

Demi

Chaffey College is a campus full of opportunities. I feel that you need to really put yourself out there to make friends and feel like a part of the school. It's not hard to do, and there are plenty of friendly people around campus. The best part is the faculty that do so much to show how much they care about student success. The school constantly surveys students to figure out what is and is not working. This shows through the material and methods of teaching being used in classrooms. Teachers always make themselves accessible to students and truly are there for your success. I would not have picked another college over Chaffey; it is a very focused academic atmosphere.

Elisa

the college is great for those trying to finish up there general education courses and some major course requirements. the services for students with disabilities is a great program better than the previous community college I was at before I moved cities.

Jamie

im excited to continue my academic journey as well as sports journey here next year! I've had the privilege of personally being asked to join the polo team at chaffey, i met the coach and he makes me feel so welcomed and so excited to be joining his team.

Somijah

I think this school is great as starter and preparer for the big universities and helps students achieve goals while providing low financial costs for all to have opportunities. This college provides mentors and internships for those interested. This school prepares students as much as possibly for their goals.

Brooke

Honestly, the amount of work we had to put in to even speak with a counselor was insane and not to mention the fact that they owe me lots of money and send in the occasional $6 check. I changed schools completely and would rather drive an hour and a half every day than deal with Chaffey and all their issues.

Blanca

I personally would like that classes could be with like 20 people, so that teachers could interact with every student, and the student could understand more. I like Chaffey College because it is very accessible and is near my house... what I don't like much is that sometime I cant get into classes that I really need, because there's to much students.

Anai

I have had no problems ! overall its a good school. it has very nice and polite staff and also students are very easy to interact. the resources are also so fast and great. they are nt difficult at all. its very self explanitory. the campus store has great selections.

Maya

I enjoy Chaffey College and it is a perfect place to find out what you enjoy. Anyone who lives in the Inland Empire in Southern California should highly consider starting their post high school career at Chaffey. Many students also eventually transfer to UCs and Cal States.

Cathryn

It was a very great experience for me to attend Chaffey. The professors are great and so are the rest of the staff. The transfer center and the EOPS program helped me a lot thought it my journey there.

Hayley

I love Chaffey. Getting my AA here was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The teachers are kind (if you check ratemyprofessor first) and the campus is beautiful. The facility are very accessible and really care about you. They have so many groups and extracurriculars for anyone to join. I'm so glad I decided to go here.

Simeone

It's a decent school with disorganized management but a phenomenal political science department

Susan

Chaffey College is a wonderful place to go if you need to get classes started or if you’re not too sure on what to do they offer a variety of classes. It’s a warm and inviting campus, there are lots of services for students. A great campus overall!

Lorren

Chaffey is a great community college to attend if you're looking to transfer to a university. For those who are looking to complete associate's degrees, Chaffey does offer a variety of options but they aren't as numerous or specific as some neighboring colleges.

Natalie

While attending Chaffey College, I have never gotten the feeling of community. But with that being said, I have not really tried to get involved in any extracurricular activities. I know that there are some available, but since it is a community college I have always felt as though everyone just comes to class and then leaves straight after because everyone is just going here to get their general education done and transfer out as soon as possible. So, for me it has always been that way and that is how I feel about the whole situation. That is not to say that the school is not inclusive, because they are, it just all feels a little distant and that each individual student is not really a priority. I say this because many students end up taking longer than two years to finish up at this school when it could have been shorter. It could have to do with each person’s motivation, but it also could say something about whether they are making the efforts to ensure that each student is on track with a guidance counselor and how concerned they are with keeping students on course to graduate. With all that being said, I have actually enjoyed most of my time at Chaffey because I have had many wonderful professors who have inspired me to work harder at really understanding a subject. If it had not been for a handful of invested teachers along the way I would have given up but seeing their passion for a topic really helped to motivate me to continue on. Thus, I gave the school an overall four out of five stars because there are some things that they can work on, but as for my education, I have not been disappointed.

Samanta

For a community college, Chaffey is a really great school. It has many tutoring resources and large availability of classes which is what most transfer students look for. Although it does have a couple clubs and activities, not a lot of people tend to join, which brings down school spirit. On the academic side, counselors don't always guide students in the right direction but the people at the transfer center are extremely helpful.

Heysi

You can always count on councilors, professors, and even students for assistance, questions, or any help that you may need. They also have a variety of activities available on campus that you can be a part of. The campus is also very safe and it even has its own police station. Overall good school.

Ulysses

I was so happy to attend Chaffey. There are several Campuses that all have their unique offerings. Professors are attentive and there are lots of clubs to participate in. You will find you place at Chaffey and this school will help you move on to bigger and better things. I would go here all over again if I needed to.

Xaviera

My over all opini9n of Chaffey is that it is a great CC if you want to do well and move to a four year fast. It accommodates students very well and has multiple help and study areas.

Muhammad Usman

Overall I am very satisfied with this school. It has put me on the path to achieve my academic goals. All of my professors have been kind and caring. Looking up my professors on the "ratemyprofessor" website before selecting classes helps. There isn't a huge "college life" culture that exists in this school that some students might crave. However, if your goal is to study your butt off, this school will support you all the way.