Honolulu, HI
Chaminade University of Honolulu

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Chaminade University of Honolulu

Jamie

I have truely come to learn and accept how Chaminade runs as a university and a business. My first year at Chaminade wasn't what I had planned and it wasn't just me either. Many students like myself wanted to leave or had already left because of the cost, grades, and homesickness. Although I had a balance and was worried that I had to wait and come back spring semester because I couldn't pay my balance and that meant no dorm, no classes. I finally gotten over that burden and paid my balance and I am dorming and enjoying my classes very well. I was one of those students who felt Chaminade did suck and Hawaii wasn't what I expected, but I can say that I'm falling in likes with my school and I love Hawaii. Attending school in America where the culture is so different it seems foreign it has been a pleasure to know a different culture. I wouldn't trade another school in the world to recieve the education I am recieving at Chaminade. I'm here to stay and finish no matter what.

A person who could care less about there education. Students who are not serious on there goals or lifetime goals. I believe students who had a certain kind of reputation during high school such as ditching classes, doing drugs, not getting good grades. Those students should not enroll and get accepted to not only waste there time but the schools and professors as well. It would be a loss for a person really wanting an education. Students who lack the money and test scores should not attend chaminade university.

There are alot of fustrating things about chaminade. The school is really expensive even for a small private catholic school. Sharing the campus with an all boy high school and having a daycare next to pretty much in the same building in the all freshman dorm is really fustrating. Having the consent headache of walking up a hill everyday and construction. The meal plan and cost of living in the dorm is way fustrating and expensive. Living in the dorm and getting fined and charges are of the wazhoo.

Alissa

Chaminade University is definitely welcoming. There are so many foreign exchange students, so there is a constant learning and interacting with different cultures.

College is a time for advancing yourself for future career and social endeavors. At Chaminade University, I was able to learn through small class sizes the importance of personalization with professors and peers to succeed. By being able to know my classmates by name, I was able to build relationships that followed through throughout the school year. This treasure of relationship with people is important because it has prepared me for my future interactions with clients, businessmen, and employees. I have learned the significance of a person and how to approach their values with my own.

The best thing about Chaminade University is the small class sizes and the diversity of the students among the campus. You are able to get to know professors, as well as peers, to make the college experience a smooth and easy transition from high school.

My classmates are very diverse in many ways, from their varying nationalities and ethnicities to their personality traits and life goals.

Going to college may feel extraordinarily nerve-wracking to new freshman and transfers, but the experience higher education brings is beyond worthwhile. The two best things that I've gotten out of my college experience are the new and diverse people I meet, and the world of educational opportunities presented to me. Going to school in Hawai'i meant getting as far away from home as possible without leaving the USA. How anxiety-producing! The best ideas usually are. Now I have friends from all over the world, and learn new tings about their native languages and cultures every day. My classes have made me more sophisticated and intelligent. College requirements mean taking courses in areas that I never would have considered studying on my own. If it weren't for college, I would never have discovered that I adore Communications. Now I want to continue studying it both in school and on my own time!

I wish that I had known that Chaminade cared so much about their students, because I would have felt more at ease about going to a new school! However, I could already sort of tell how much they care about their students during the application process. I was treated like an important individual and always had my questions answered patiently and thoroughly during phone calls to different departments.

Shamala

I attended Chaminade University of Honolulu in Hawaii, from Fall term 1984 to Spring term 1986. Attending Chaminade provided me with a faith based (Marianist), education which allowed me to grow both intellectually and personally. I was also fortunate enough to receive a scholarship during my two year course of study at Chaminade, without which I could not have afforded to attend Chaminade. Although a privately run school, Chaminade University did not discriminate between self paying students and finacial aid, scholarship recipients like myself. I was also able to write for the Silversword, Chaminade's student publication, which was a very rewarding experience for me, both academically and personally. My stint with the Silversword helped me to hone my writing skills. Finally, the cosmopolitan student body at Chaminade gave me an opportunity to meet students from domestic as well as international backgrounds. I am firmly convinced that I received a well rounded education at Chaminade University.

Annie

Along with what I stated above, the most unique thing about my school is that it is a small community. We lean on each other for support and we know that that same support, be it faculty or friends, will be reciprocated.

Knowing what I know now, the advice that I would give my previous self would be to let "who you were" in highschool, go. I'm not saying that you should dismiss your merits, honors, and achievements, but I think that if we let our popularity and social aspects that we had in highschool go, that we could transition easier and without fail. With the academic year of 2009-2010 being my first year of college, I've had to learn to let my highschool life go, and be open to a new life with new people and experiences. From where I stand, I think that this is what most of us college freshman fail to realize until it's too late.

I think that the best thing about my school is its religious background and its small community. Everyone knows everyone and greets them with a warm smile. Chaminade University of Honolulu is like a family-focused around a great education and sound faith.

Christina

My classmates are a good variation of ethnicities. They're mostly 19-21 year olds and mostly females.

My school is a small Catholic school and a lot of the students are out-of-state and pacific islanders such as from Guam, Samoa, etc. There's only a small percentage that are from Hawaii. The professors are very interactive and are also our mentors. They create a friendly-family atmosphere to the students.

I would tell myself to enjoy my high school years and not stress so much about college admissions. There are always alternatives to getting into a good school and if I don't get into my top rated school, I can always transfer afterwards. During my senior in high school, all I would worry about was to get a high GPA and pass all my AP exams so that I could get college credit. However, these didn't exactly help me in college. College is a whole new beginning... you start over again as a real "freshmen" and gradually learn to become a better student as every semester passes on. Perhaps, everything that you need to learn such as essays, reports, time management, financial aid, etc will be learnt again but in more depth in one's college years. Hence, I would recommend to enjoy one's high school senior year with friends and family and especially relax while still keeping up the good grades.

Lonell

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition from high school to college, if I were to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell the young senior to focus on preparation skills and to always have determination. Preparation and determination are two key ingredients to success! I've learned from experiences in life, if you fail to prepare, prepare to fail. Also, as seen in sports worldwide, the better prepared team often times prevails. However, Determination is an imperative attribute that virtually anyone would benefit from. Its not always the rabbit who wins the race, sometimes it takes will over skill. Preparation and determination are two key ingredients to success!

The most important thing that I would tell myself is this: ?Please don?t waste your precious time!? The 6 years following my high school graduation, I was in the U.S. Navy. I wish that someone would have told me to use that time to get my education completed, however I have had to learn the hard way. I am doing my best to complete a degree in psychology, so that I may then obtain a masters in counseling. I feel that my life?s purpose it to help people overcome problems in their lives, and I need an excellent education to do so. Thank you, Emily Day

Anyone who is looking for a typical party school should maybe try somewhere else, that culture is not big here.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself not to freak out when things don't go as smoothly as planned and I would definatly remind myself that in the due course of time everything works itself out. I would highlight the importanc eof balancing fun and work because without the two it's really easy to become lost and confused.

The worst thing about Chaminade is sadly it's sizes, becuase it's such a small school there aren't as many majors or classes offered in which case you'd have to take other courses that truly interest you at another school such as UH (University of Hawaii).

The kind of person who would really enjoy Chaminade is someone who wants to try out college but isn't ready to make the full transition. Chaminade feels almost like a slightly larger highschool so if your afraid to go all out but still want the chance to try out your independance Chmainade is definatly the school for you. The class sizes are relatively small and it's easier to talk to the professors because there are fewer students.

Danielle

Some of my classmates were lazy and it showed when it came time for graded work (homework, quizzes, and tests). The teachers did not cut them any slack and they suffered for it. Many students did not come to class prepared. Some were frequently late or did not come at all.

Chaminade had a much smaller campus size, which is very appealing to me. Also this school is culurally diverse and stresses the importance of remembering where you came from. Also the faculty are well known and respected in their fields of study, particularly in Criminal Justice which is my major of choice. Another factor that made this school unique is the location, in Honolulu, Hawaii.

During my senior year of high school, I was focused, independent, and goal oriented. I enlisted into the Army Reserves to help pay for school during my senior year and left for training shortly after graduation. I missed for the first semester of school due to training but I planned for this and had taken dual credit and AP classes while in High School. During my first semester my attitude in college did not change. Although I made a few mistakes, there are none that I regret. Shortly before my second semester of college I became pregnant. I continued to go to class and do all that was asked of me and then some. A week before finals my unborn child was diagnosed with Heterotaxy Syndrome, a very rare birth defect. I finished the semester with over a 3.0. I am unable to attend school this semester full time but I will be taking online classes until I can attend school again in approximately six months. I would greatly appreciate this scholarship to help me continue my education and help me fullfill my dream of becoming an attorney.

Chaminade University of Honolulu administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.