Chaminade University of Honolulu

« See more reviews of Chaminade University of Honolulu

Be sure its somewhere, where the child feels comfortable and will find enjoyable to live for the next 4 years. Also, that they should take part of what the campus has to offer. Get involved! Its a great way to meet new people and expand your opportunities for a better job outlook becuase you are able to extened your network to others who may be affiliated with the extra cirrcular activites that you child has gotten involved with.

College life is hard, it is a competetion for success and to do well you must be prepared, focus, and always on the hunt to pursue a better career path. It will not be the same as highschool days, relaxing and having fun must be left at the door of college life succes if you want to make it through college. Success in college is all dependent on your capabilities and what you want to achieve when you leave college.

Parents: let you kids apply to wherever they want and try not to limit or bribe them into staying in the area. They will resent you for it, most likely. & Students: Living with parents doesn't allow you to have the full college experience. Go for the school that you want to and offers the program you want, even if it means taking out loans! In the end the experience will be worth having!

If I were to go back to myself as a high school senior, the best advice that I could give myself is to be determined. I believe determination would help a student strive for the best in producing quality work. In addition, being determined benefit students in times of stress or when school-work can be quite overwhelming, it serves a motivation for a student to work harder.

Take your time and look at all your choices. Find the school that best fits you and your needs. Don't go to a school just because your boyfriend/girlfriend or your friends from high school are going there. The school that fits them may not fit you. Get to know your professors and councilors they can help you with choosing the right classes and future career moves.

I would simply tell them "don't settle for anything less then everything you deserve." My mom told me that and I plan on following her advice. It basically means that don't strive for anything less then what you want and what you believe is right for you. Your college experience is a once in a life time experience, so make it count!

If I could go back in time I would tell myself not to freak out when things don't go as smoothly as planned and I would definatly remind myself that in the due course of time everything works itself out. I would highlight the importanc eof balancing fun and work because without the two it's really easy to become lost and confused.

Research the college very throughly because once you choose a college that you want to go to you have to at least give it a chance befor you can go to another one. Also make sure that the college is in the place that you feel you want to be at and it has everything that you need to grow and learn there.

Take a look at all the schools that accept you then narrow the choice down. Don't not look at a school because your parents suggest that school. I ended up at the school that was my last choice and I am the happiest here.

Let them choose the right school that's for them. Do not force your kids to go to any school they do not want to go to. And kids, make the best out of your college experience before you start working in the real world.