Chaminade University of Honolulu Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Chaminade University of Honolulu

hannah

Chaminade is a great school if you are looking for a small community and want a closer relationship with your teachers and classmates. Chaminade offers a great environment to stimulate learning, leadership, and personal growth. While, some aspects are not the best like the small gym and low-class dining services, Chaminade is a great place to get a quality education. Definitely would recommend!

Aaron

ok

Keith

Very involved and challenging nursing program but you go through it together, you learn together and you succeed together. That's how Chaminade is.

caitlyn

Chaminade University of Honolulu is a small, safe university. Because of the small size, the staff and professors are very willing to help and are extremely caring and encouraging of their students. You can feel that it is a very positive environment!

Daisy Mae

Chaminade University of Honolulu, may be a small college campus, but it is not to be underestimated. The professors, are very knowledgeable of their own subjects. What I really liked about the university is that the sizes of the classes are very small, which makes it easier to get to know new people and participate in class discussions. The campus atmosphere is very friendly and calm. The students, faculty and staff are extremely kind.

lehua

Chaminade University of Honolulu is a very diverse and exceptionally challenging school. There are always activities to get involved to as well as the professors being very hands-on and persistent in helping their students achieve their goals. With the school residing in the Aloha State, you can very much find everyone on campus providing one another with aloha and love. I personally would recommend my school to people.

Ethan

I'm about halfway through my MBA at Chaminade University and am amazed at the amount of influence the school has in the global community. The networking opportunities alone are worth attending Chaminade. Classes are engaging, students are passionate and professors all have expansive backgrounds and years of applicable experience. You don't just learn from a book at Chaminade, you learn from each other and apply those skills in real world situations.

Andrea

Chaminade University is really known for their amazing academic variety and diversity in the college. The place is on a hill and it is an overall comfortable place. Never had a burglary or any terrorist attacks for sure. It has great staff, great clubs, great facilities and pretty good food for a cafeteria. On the contrary, campus dorms are not all that great. Unlike the rest of the facilities, the dorms are fairly old. No air-conditioning, flying ant problems, cockroaches, unsanitary areas, etc. Not the best, however the rest of the campus makes up for it. The library is very nice, has a lot of printers for others to use and a lot of resources that are actually helpful. The food store we call “The POD” has some pretty good food too, a bit pricey, but if you live in the dorms you get cash on your student ID and that gives you free food, drinks, etc. When you live in the dorms they’ll have extracurricular activities you can do like going to the arcade to let go of steam or have breakfast dinners at 10pm in the cafeteria for your midterm or finals coming up. Not to mention we have plenty of school pride going around and a lot of people go to the gym or outside of campus to cheer on our team players. We have a strong volleyball team, soccer, tennis, basketball team; they all go around the states to compete as well. Like I said, there are plenty of places and things to do after all, this is Hawaii. Academically or not, there are always things to do for stress relief or just for fun.

Brit

Chaminade is a great school if you are looking for a smaller college. The faculty is 100% dedicated to their students and only want to see them succeed in and outside of the classroom. It is located near grocery stores, malls, and restaurants. In addition, the campus has a great view of Waikiki and Diamond Head!

Aloha

It's an amazing school for people that are looking for a small campus school here on Hawaii. Everyone around is willing to help about anything and will always be there when you need them. The professors are willing to take up their time to help out students when they are available. Also all the upper class students are usually helpful when it comes to getting some advice about any classes. You can feel the love and aloha to each other while you walk around the campus even it's to another class.

Kaycia

Chaminade University is a great school overall. It also offers a great education by amazing faculty and staff who are always willing to help anybody and everyone out. I feel so comfortable at my school that I don’t ever feel like I don’t want to be there. I’m super happy with what Chaminade provides me and I couldn’t have asked for a much better school!

Virginia

I strongly believe that Chaminade University of Honolulu is an amazing university. They offer a variety of resources for students to get the help that they need. Professors are almost always available with their office hours and are always offering one on one help when needed. The academics provided gear students with the education and values that they need to succeed in the future and find a job to give back to their community.

Justin

My opinion of this University is that overall it is a great school to attend. Whether you attend the main campus or in the PACE program like I am. The professors and staff are really engaged and hands-on with their students. They make you want to learn and actually be there. They have a variety of majors to pursue and they are there to help you with every step of the way. Chaminade Univerity really made my college experience enjoyable and one I would never forget.

Jorge

Chaminade is a gem nestled at the bottom of St. Louis Heights. The class sizes are perfect for progressive in class discussions and the community is small but warm and accepting. The professors are almost always available through various methods and will always address you by name and ask how you're doing. Although tenure has an effect on a percentage of professors in academia, it does not have an effect on the staff at Chaminade.

Kiverly

Small knit community, Great resources available, student life is full of fun, and overall a pretty good school. The school is a Marianist Catholic school so its big on service. We don't have to be catholic, and great thing because the non-Catholics, like myself, don't feel left out. The upper class men watch out for the lower-class men. Just feels like a big Ohana.

Alexas

I am so happy that I chose to attend Chaminade University, I know I made the best decision by choosing this school. The environment is very enjoyable and you often get a sense of family when you are here. Because we are such a small school, its easy to get to know everyone. You will always know someone in your classes and you will always be able to get help from your professors. The small class sizes make it very easy to be involved and engaged in class. There are also many free student activities that make your time enjoyable.

Leona

It's a super easy school if I am being quite honest. I wish I could attend another college but I'm already set here so it's fine. I'll grow to love it.

Iain

Since this is my second semester here at Chaminade. It has been great. The atmosphere at Chaminade is amazing. Also, there are a lot of help on campus from students to faculty. The professor and doctors at Chaminade are very dedicated to want they have to offer for us there.

Ava

I believe that Chaminade University strives to give its students every opportunity to learn and be the best they can be. Every professor I've had will let you know their office hours from the get-go, and even if you can't make them, there's a tutoring center for a lot of classes offered at Chaminade. There is also a lot of clubs and programs to get involved with on campus.

Chellina

Campus is pretty clean, and I like walking around campus since it's pretty scenic (there are also lots of pokemon to catch if you play Poke'mon Go). All my professors have been stellar! They've all been knowledgeable, approachable, relateable, and supportive. The community is friendly and everyone is ready to help you if you have questions about certain classes or professors since there are no cohorts. Oh, and there are many vending machines with great snacks around campus if you get hungry or thirsty!

Kanani

Some teachers are worth going to the school for even though the administration offices are unorganized and the counselors aren't that helpful.