Burlington, VT
Champlain College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Champlain College

Kathryn

Diz, You got out of that house and have your freedom, but you need to make sure that you don't loose focus. I know having three roommates is not ideal but you just need to find other places to relax and get work done (your dorm has a great stoop with big stone steps and a bench!). Don't get caught up in new romances with people, especially not ones in your dorm because then you will dread doing laundry, because it will not help you in the long run. You will face challenges that you need to overcome because if you want to work for the federal government they will know what you did. Trust me, they go there. And as much as I don't want you to repeat high school where you worked away so much of your time, you need to prepare for the troubles to come. Also, just sell your car. It is going to die within the next year anyways and let's be honest it has been nothing but trouble and sucked up all your money. Buy a horse.

The financial aid packages. I think they need to take the time to look past certain documents and look into the lives of some of their students. Just because it says one thing on paper it doesn't mean that a stranger can assume how much monetary responsibility that family can take on, there are so many other factors that should be considered.

Someone who is ready to get involved and have fun, and not just by partying every weekend. There are a lot of activities on campus and extra-curricular projects that students can be a part of and even learn something they ordinarily wouldn't in a classroom.

Champlain College feels like home as soon as you step onto campus, there is plenty to do down town, people are extremely friendly.. but it is VERY COLD here!!

I sometimes think when looking back on my highschool career, I wish I took more time to spend that extra few minutes on studying or more time on homework, I tell myself that I would be placed with more opportunities. This is all true but I also believe that everything happens for a reason and I was given the opportunity to attend the great school that I am at now. If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior I'd tell myself spend less money,save for all that was needed to be paid for. I'd say dont stress out, get things done as they come, to make friends and to have balance. Lastly I would tell my little senior self to spend a massive amount of time with my friends and family, especially my family. I found that I missed them far way more than I thought I would have, my school is a almost 5 hour drive it is hard to get home when I just want to give my parents, siblings or pets a big hug. I would give myself a small tip, bring a lot of quarters for the laundry machines.

Anyone looking for a large school experience should not attend Champlain College. The school is very small compared to its neighbor UVM.

Heather

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself so many things! First I would tell myself to calm down. I remember my unbelievable nervousness about the transition from little high school to big college and from living with my parents to barely seeing them; but in the end it really wasn't that bad! I was worried about making new friends and keeping my focus on my schoolwork but each has come easily to me here. I would tell myself to prepare more while still in high school, such as developing productive studying methods and better time-management skills. I would encourage myself to take more pride in my work and exert greater confidence.

This gifted school is intended for those with an open mind and a passion for new knowledge and experiences. Those who do not wish to broaden their horizons and step out of their boxes will not enjoy this school and it's surrounding community. This is not a large school, so those with the hopes of becoming lost in their classes of 300 students would be dissapointed with the maximum attendance of around 30 students. Those intersted in attending Champlain College should be interested in bettering their future and those around them including surrounding communities.

Many aspects of my school are worthy to brag about, but I tend to accentuate our dorm rooms and our upside-down curriculum. Each dorm room is uniquely designed and instead of residing in cell-like square rooms, we are lucky enough to call renevated Victorian houses our own. Each room is different with around four floors in each house and NO communal bathrooms! Along with our wonderful dorms our unique curriculum lets you jump right into your major even in your first year of school. Many schools make you wait until your last few years to declare your major.

Champlain College is a small, largely creative school focused on connecting what you learn in acedemics to the real world and growing to become a better overall citizen.

My advice to parents and/or students is to first seek out a location where you feel comfortable, yet you still feel that you have room to grow. I would personally reccomend a small college, which enables you to have a connection with the professors. Choose a school that offers your major but don't worry whether or not your school specializes in that specific division. College is about acquiring basic knowledge for the real world; it's about learning how to learn. Many of the skills you require for your major are mastered in an internship or on the job. No one knows what the future will bring, so do all you can now to learn for the sake of learning simply to better yourself; the rest will come with time and practice.

There are three types of individuals at Champlain College. The first is the typical skier/snowboarder aiming to hit the slopes as often as possible. The second is the free spirited hippie who aims to save the environment and enlighten themselves with drugs and music festivals. The third is the gaming nerd who hides in the basement with his/her buddies playing the latest video game. The two major divisions of Champlain College are Business (International, Marketing, etc.) and Communication and Creative Media (Game Design, Graphic Design, Digital Filmmaking). Most individuals enjoy drinking alcohol on weekends in apartments off campus.

Monique

Strong in technology. Freshman dorms are Victorian mansions. Small classes, great professors. Mostly on a first name basis with most of your professors. Lots of activities do to. Great college town.

I believe that visiting colleges is very importaint. Visiting is how you really get a feel for the kind of people at the school and if you think that you would fit in well. Also to look at more than just what the freshman housing and classes are like. Look at the types of housing available for the upperclassmen, and what kinds of classes and internships you have to do as an upperclassmen.

That housing is a lot harder for the upperclassmen to find. Also that they don't really have a lot of financial aid.

Daniel

Champlain College is an environmentally friendly and very open school. It's small and tight-knit with around 2000 students. The dorms are nice, many are in old victorian mansions. Drug use and drinking are very common, at least among freshmen. Champlain has a wide variety of majors from criminal justice and teachine to video game design and development.

Visit the schools you're looking at, it's probably one of the most important things you can do. You get a sense of what the environment is like, especially if you go during the school year when students are taking classes. You get a better sense of the scope of the school in person than you do from select pictures on the school's website. Also, try to go to a school with a lot of majors so if you change your mind after first or second semester there's a better chance the school will have what your interested in and you won't have to readjust to another school. Many students change their mind about their major after experiencing it. Finally, be outgoing, people are usually really friendly and are looking for new friends like you.

If you want a small school and don't mind the cold weather.

Anna

Right down a list of exactly what you want to find in a college (classroom size, location, activities, etc.), then rate your selections based on this information. Also, make sure you visit ALL the colleges of your choice because you really do get the feeling like "this is the place for you" when you step onto the campus that is right. Definitely get involved with things such as orientation because this is the time to make friends, and get involved once on campus. No one needs to know about your high school life, so now is the chance for you to become who you want to be and portray the image you choose. Make sure you do plenty of research on as many schools as possible before making your decision. And don't go just because all your current friends are going!

Professors don't always follow the same curriculum. Therefore, I could takea course with one professor and learn something completely different than my friend that takes it with another professor. I don't like this because I feel like we should all be learning the same thing if our graduation depends on it. And what if I find the other professor more interesting? It's not like I can switch into that course because of placement issues.

People that don't like the outdoors or the cold weather. Also, people that like big cities also should not attend this school. And if someone wants to be just a number in a classroom, rather than have a more personal relationship with professors, they should also not attend this school

Riva

Visit every school you may be interested in. Take a tour, talk to faculty and students, and explore the surrounding area. If you can, sit in on a class. Meet with the financial aid office to ensure you are getting the best package possible. Once you know who your roommates are, talk to them and work out what you're each going to bring and your interests and pet peeves. Lastly, make sure you get insurance on your phone. They fall in pitchers, puddles, and toilets far too often.

How to get myself places. Ex school provided and public transportation.

The new 3 demensions of learning. It's too complicated and unrealistic.

Champlain College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.