Orange, CA
Chapman University

Caitlin

I love Chapman! I definitely feel at home here. The classes and professors are my favorite part. My professors really care about making sure I succeed in the classroom and will do anything to help me throughout my college career. The campus is beautiful and always clean. The general location is perfect with a lot of shops, restaurants, and stores near by. Long story short, I love my school and I am proud to be a Chapman Panther.

Rikki

Chapman University has some of the most unique people you will ever get the honor to meet. Not only are the people fantastic, but the facilities (especially Dodge College) are state of the art. A new science building will be available in 2018. Class sizes range from 12 to at most 50 students. Every professor is especially interested in their subject and is always happy to help. We have also been rated one of the most attractive universities in the nation! Chapman University is the place to be.

Anne

Chapman University is a very accepting and open-minded campus. While there are many Californian students, there are still a decent amount of individuals from various states and even international. Teachers are always available for help outside of class and the Career Development Center ensures that students have the opportunity to find jobs and network with companies in the area. Chapman students are friendly; they want people to feel included in everything. The chefs in the cafeteria rotate the menu every meal, so the food is fresh and new every day. Location wise, Orange is located between the ocean and the mountains, so you can travel east or west and be sure to find something interesting. In addition, the city is about 45 south from LA, so businesses often come looking for students to fulfill jobs and internships.

Stephen

Chapman has a wealth of knowledge behind it. It's not always easy finding that wealth, however. While there are many inspiring and optimistic professors that help guide you through your time here as a young adult, there are just as many that are here to get a paycheck. As long as you take control of your education, find a peer group that you feel comfortable in, and avoid as much of the cafeteria food as you can, you'll have a good time at Chapman University.

Hunter

I LOVE it!! I'm a freshman in the film school. I've made great friends, my classes are interesting, and there is so much to do both on campus and off -- Disneyland is only 10 minutes away, after all, and this IS SoCal so there are always the beaches!

Jaclyn

I am going into my second year at Chapman University and I can't wait! Chapman has provided me with nurturing professors as well as students and peers easy to connect with and form positive relationships. Chapman University's Dodge College of Film and Media Arts provides many events and guest speakers pertaining to our majors which helps me feel immersed in the industry. The film school also provides top notch facilities to create excellent work. I can say I am extremely proud to attend such a wonderful university.

Gina
Beautiful campus & nice people

Beautiful campus & nice people

Chapman University is a beautiful, modern yet small campus situated in the middle of the suburban area Old Town Orange. The campus is constantly improving itself which may mean some construction noise. Everyone on campus is super nice. Classes are small - anywhere from 10-25 people in a class. All professors hold office hours and most are available after hours via email, cell phone, text and sometimes Skype. I have never experienced a place where it felt like the instructors truly cared about your goals until I arrived here. The library is huge and has several spots for reading or plugging in laptops to work on papers. I have a campus job, which took longer than expected to get, but the department is very flexible with scheduling and is sensitive to testing schedules. People are active. Often using bicycles and skateboards to get around campus. The campus gym is also free for students. The food on campus - Einstein Bros. Bagels,, Jamba Juice, Sub Connection, Q-doba and Starbucks pricing is on par with outside eateries. There are plenty of other options in Old Town Orange which is walking distance from campus. I live off campus so parking is important. If you take a morning class - park where you going to be closest to at the end of the day for a good spot. After 10am the campus is very active and it's hard to find a spot. I can't speak about on campus living or dining halls - sorry. My biggest gripe is the price tag. Financial Aid is available and the staff is very helpful with finding financing options. I'm still going to be paying off loans later though, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Caroline

Be patient and open minded. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there in the world because nobody else will do it for you. Stay focused and be on top of things. You will be more independent than you think, it is difficult to have no one to depend on. But that is life. Don't depend on anyone, you need to go out there yourself and make it happen. Also, don't rush into certain deicisons because the most important thing is for you to be happy. If you are not happy with what you are doing, it is not worth it. Therefore, you need to make a change and don't let anyone influence your thoughts. Be strong minded and don't let anyone put you down.

The community is small enough to have school wide events almost everyday of the week. They're always having fun events.

A person from the bay area who likes to be surrounded by a small community. And since I am in the music program, a person who enjoys classical music.

Lei

Varied between focused, friendly and helpful and another category of entitled and naive.

Everybody tells you that you're going to change, that you'll act stupid and that you might not recognize yourself over the next few years. Embrace that and welcome the change. It can be a scary thing, change, but if it's executed correctly can open up all the doors that your teachers, parents and elders have been telling you about all these years. Make sure you are a little reckless, that you do skip a few classes here and there, but also make sure you know when to stop. There is a time to have fun, a time to buckle down and a time to blur those lines and live life on the edge. Make sure, though, that you know exactly when those times are and when you need to come back to reality. The next four years will be crazy and fun and crazy fun, but remember that after the four years is up, there's a realm of "adulthood" waiting for you. It's a realm that only your self change and the crazy antics during that self change can prepare you for. Biggest words of advice from me to you... just live.

I am usually very successful at making friends, but making friends has been hard. I feel like itwas based upon my disaffiliation with sorrorities and the fact that I still live at home.

Academics is the focus on the liberal arts side.

Academics is the focus on the liberal arts side.

Say yes Kayla. Say yes to meeting new people. Say yes to going to class. Say yes to asking questions. Say yes to homework but also do not be afraid of pulling all nighters. Say yes to going to parties, but also say yes to an early night in bed with a movie and a good friend. Say yes to calling your parents at least once a week. Say yes to work. Say yes for early starts to your day and late nights with the people that have joined you for these four years. Say yes to travel. Explore the depths of what this world has to offer, you will recieve so much back in return. Give back to your community and explore your passions while doing so. Let others inspire you, and in return inspire the ones around you. Make relationships with your professors and tell them thank you every chance you get. Take risks that challenge or frighten you, this is the time when you have the least to lose. It are those risks that you will remember and define you from the inside out. Finally, let the knowledge you learn trickle from your head to your heart.

If you want to go to school for sports, you have come to the wrong school. The enthusiasm about sports team here is close to none.

Chapman University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.