Chapman University Top Questions

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

I think the day I won't forget on campus is when I came to visit for the first time. I flew down and drove myself from Newport Beach to campus. I got here and was about to take the tour when they offered me a personal lunch with a student and to go on the tour after. I had lunch with a group of students in the cafeteria and it was very pleasant. The students were genuine and nice, they answered questions without hesitation. Next I went on the tour to see the beautiful campus, which truly won me over. I loved the openness of the piazza with the water fountain and lots of places to sit. I was impressed with how clean and put together the campus was. I remember buying Chapman gear, calling my mom and telling her I had decided that this was the school that I had decided to go to.

My favorite part about living in California is the weather. It might be 30 degrees and snowing somewhere else in the country, but in SoCal, it's 75 and breezy. I love the days where I have a short class, and follow it with a day tanning. We have two beautiful pools at Chapman, and you can always find students lying in the sun or hanging out with their friends. It is extremely relaxing, and I feel like I am in paradise.