Chapman University Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

Michelle

The dorms at Chapman are some of the best compared to other schools. Keep in mind they are still dorms. Freshmen usually live in Henley, Pralle, North Morlan or Glass. Henley houses 2-3 people in each room with their own bathroom, the closet is long and has sliding doors. Pralle houses 2-3 people, many rooms share a bathroom with another room (their suite mate). Morlan is an old building 2 people in a room, shared bathroom. Glass is overflow for freshmen usually only 1 or 2 floors are freshmen, houses 2-3 people. Upperclass housing is difficult to get into, Sandhu, Davis, Harris, Glass and Morlan. Sandhu is the newest and the nicest, mainly sophomores, some juniors. These rooms have a combination of single rooms, double rooms, and quads. Single rooms share a bathroom with another single room. Double rooms have their own bathroom. Quads have 2 or 4 bedrooms depending, housing 4 people, they have kitchen area with fridge and own bathrooms. Glass was discussed above, they also have some quads that have a kitchen area. Davis and Harris are apartments with a bathroom, kitchen (oven, stove, fridge etc), and living area. But they are older buildings. Morlan has 2 people in it, is an older building.

Michelle

The dorms at Chapman are some of the best compared to other schools. Keep in mind they are still dorms. Freshmen usually live in Henley, Pralle, or Glass. Henley houses 2-3 people in each room with their own bathroom, the closet is long and has sliding doors. Pralle houses 2-3 people, many rooms share a bathroom with another room (their suite mate). Glass is overflow for freshmen usually only 1 or 2 floors are freshmen, houses 2-3 people. Upperclass housing is difficult to get into, Sandhu, Davis, Harris, and Glass. Sandhu is the newest and the nicest, mainly sophomores, some juniors. These rooms have a combination of single rooms, double rooms, and quads. Single rooms share a bathroom with another single room. Double rooms have their own bathroom. Quads have 2 or 4 bedrooms depending, housing 4 people, they have kitchen area with fridge and own bathrooms. Glass was discussed above, they also have some quads that have a kitchen area. Davis and Harris are apartments with a bathroom, kitchen (oven, stove, fridge etc), and living area. But they are older buildings.

Michelle

Hannah

I lived in the dorms at Chapman for two years. My first year, I lived in the freshman dorm, Pralle-Sodaro Hall with one roommate. My second year, I lived in the Glass apartments with three other girls. In Pralle, I felt like I had enough room. The room was not a bad size, and we shared a bathroom with two girls next door to us. I felt like I had my own space in this room. I know that this year, the Pralle rooms are triples, meaning that three students are in every room. This seems like it would be very cramped, and I am glad I never had to experience this. I enjoyed my freshman living situation, except it felt rather closed off. We were not allowed to prop our doors, and therefore I never got too close with my neighbors or the people on my floor. My RA did not do a very good job of bonding our floor, and I wish I would have been able to make more friends this way. When I lived in Glass, I had the time of my life. I shared a smaller room with one girl, which connected to a living room, kitchen, and another small room shared by two others. I loved having a living room I could escape to, and living with three others was a lot of fun. I have very few complaints about this year.