Chapman University Top Questions

What's the hardest thing about freshman year?

Finding out who you are and what you want. So many people around you know exactly what their major is, what classes they need to take, and what they want to do as soon as they get that diploma. I had absolutely no idea and it was hard to be so unsure of myself and my future. But it was also fun to make decisions, and have an open and bright future. You just have to realize that everything will work out in the end.

The hardest thing for me was being away from my family, dogs, and friends, but you make new friends, and there is always video chat to see everyone. I also would say that it is difficult to balance social and education, but make sure you do both!

The hardest thing about freshman year is trying to find new friends and get used to the college environment. Some people are used to picking up routines quickly, others need time and adjustment. You have to take the time to find ways you can succeed in college. Whether that be waking up early or scheduling classes later in the day. You do have a lot more freedom but with freedom, comes responsibility