New Britain, CT
Charter Oak State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Charter Oak State College

Victoria

I have found the staff has been incredibly helpful along my journey. The student population is very welcoming and easy to reach out to for peer support. The online classroom environment has done so much for my experience. If it was not for charter oak I do not believe I would be this far along in my degree.

Caleb

I really enjoy learning at Charter Oak State College. The classes are affordable and easy if you study. I always get helpful feedback from my professors. The availability to transfer many credits also allows me to lower the cost of my education. If I could describe Charter Oak in a word, it would be affordable.

Jeremiah

I am an online student, so this is a hard survey to fill out. However, the college is amazing for people who are busy with work, life, and/or kids. They accept financial aid and past credits. The professors are knowledgeable and helpful, albeit in Connecticut which is why I have never met them. We do videoconference, though. I can't really speak for Greek life or campus conditions.

Alexander

Based on the star-criteria, you might think this isn’t a great school, but if you’re trying to get a legitimate college degree on a budget, you have to consider Charter Oak. The best thing about my college is that I’m allowed to transfer in credit that I’ve earned in high school through dual enrollment, AP tests are awarded credit, and so are CLEP exams. I graduated high school with 70 college credits, and Charter Oak accepted 100% of them. The format is online, so that won’t work for all majors, but for Business Administration, the schedule allows me to work full time and take classes full time. If you're self-disciplined, it's a fantastic program. I’ve been able to work very quickly and will graduate almost a year ahead of my peers. I highly recommend Charter Oak State College!

Shawn

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to STOP and reevaluate my education decisions. I would definitely enroll in a 4 your degree program and skip the community college/work route that I chose. After meeting many young adults who went to school full time and lived on campus I can see where I missed out on an important part of life. I am still in school now and I am 28 years old. I work for the federal government which is not a bad job but I am stuck in a low paying tedious position while fresh young college graduates are taking jobs I could be in IF I put school before work. I am working three jobs right now to make ends meet plus find time for school. I also feel like socially I am behind where I should be. My communications skills and self esteem are lacking compared to others. I really feel like being immersed in a four year program with others who have the same interests, goals and life experiences is something that is paramount in being successful in today?s world.

Being a new student at Charter Oak I cannot really answer this question. However, I can see online schools as much more difficult to get help since communication is not done face-to-face.

This school is best for students who are working fulltime and have several other commitments. Its an online school so the student can attend class as their schedule permits.

Joan

Dear Joan, You are in your senior year of high school and are about to embark on the most amazing four years of your life. Your teachers and parents have prepared you for this next step so don't be scared, you can do this. I want you to take every opportunity to learn, experience life on campus and surrounding your school. You have lived in such a small town all your life, there are opportunities waiting for you. Talk with all types of people and get their ideas and opinions on life, for yours were formed with many boundaries. Taste a new food that you has never passed your lips before. You're a music major so learn every piece of music your teacher gives to you. And, if she asks you to learn another instrument, jump at it. Perform as if your soul depended upon it. Feel, smell, watch, listen and taste all the experiences around you and keep your heart open to everything and everyone. Fear is just a four letter word and used by those who will not risk or leap with faith. Don't worry about making mistakes, they can be fixed. Affectionately, Joan

I would have liked to know how to use the computer better, be able to navigate financial aid and scholarship applications from the computer knowing I was doing them correctly and whether I will be able to do this online class with constant interruptions at home. I'm just starting out myself and would like to know what other people answered to this question.

I think the kind of person that should attend this school is someone who lives in or out of Connectivut and can't get to the campus. Someone that wants to continue learning and growing in their field but have children at home like I do. Someone who wants to show their daughters that at any age you can continue to learn and complete all your goals in life.

Marifrances

Knowing what I know now, I would like be move involved, more focused. I would appreciate the opportunity to improve myself and learn as much as I can,realizing that it is a chance that many people do not have. I would also be more involved in student activities. There are so many ways to meet people & make friends in college. I would like the opportunity to do it all over again. When my education was interrupted by a family crisis 17 years ago, I did not appreciate what I had...even as it was no longer available. It was a few years later, as employment options were limited because of unfinished education, that I realized what I had messed up. I am trying now to return to school to finish what I started 20 years ago.

Charter Oak State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.