Phenix City, AL
Chattahoochee Valley Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Chattahoochee Valley Community College

Devon

CVCC is a warm and inviting college. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful to all students. Student to staff ratio is great and class sizes are small. There are security officers available to make sure you get to your vehicles safely in the evening and a bookstore on campus.

Katelin

Application process is free and easy, staff is extremely helpful and motivated to get students to where they want to be. Tuition is priced fairly and defiantly cheaper than a 4 year university and they don't charge "convince fees" for taking courses online.

Mosi

I have lived in Phenix City, Alabama since 1988, when I was 12 years old. Being a part of the first ninth-grade class at a brand new Central Highschool was not only exciting, but made me feel a little special. The faculty and staff take the time to ensure that the students understand the lessons, comprehend the work, grasp the concepts of the lessons that they are teaching, also help counsel students on how to improve their lives outside the classroom. In addition to providing assistance for students in the class, faculty and staff at CVCC try to provide similar aid for future students in the elementaries, middle schools, and junior and highschools. Even those future students who seem like there is no help for, they try to provide a way, so that every potential student is given a chance to succeed. With that in mind, Chattahoochee Valley Community College has deep ties to the community that I grew up in South Phenix City. And as a current student, I am grateful for the faculty and staff, both past and present.

Shannon

I have yet to ever feel that a couple of gold stars ever truthfully measure something's greatness. If I were to measure a human's greatness by these stars, it would surely fall short in doing so. Just as a human, college seems to be a living, breathing being formulated with intricate parts and designs. Constantly shifting and moving forward, my college, Chattahoochee Valley Community College, strives to pursue this beholden five star rating, while subtly denying its existence. In other words, CVCC understands the importance of trying to be "the" top junior college in Alabama. They continually aim to become better and smarter. This may be seen through their fantastic Math Lab, where tutors walk around just waiting to be asked a question. Perhaps, it could be seen in the high standard they hold themselves in the academic quality of their study programs. Either way, they know the importance of a five star rating, but they also know the importance of just being a "good" school. They do not offer the ritz of a gargantuan four- year university, and - surprisingly- they are okay with that. How do I know this? It could be a lot of things. It might be nothing. Yet, I can't help but feel that it is the students themselves that emit this understanding that it's okay to not be the next Harvard or Yale graduates. As CVCC students, it is known by all that this is not a glamorous school, but we do not care. CVCC's value lies in its academics, the quality of their teachers, and the smiles of their graduates at the end of their studies. We do not care that it is a few miles from civilization or that the Brassell parking is horrendous. We are just glad for the opportunity of a wonderful education in a relatively small town. That is what this four star rating means. Is it a perfect school? Absolutely not. Trust me though, it is a "good" one.

Esther

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to worry and everything will be fine. As a student in highschool, even now I worried about the simpliest things. In a sense, if I failed one test ,I always believed my future would end and I would go nowhere. It is okay to fail once in a while. Most of the greatest things that happened to me was failing. Failing motivated me to work harder and never stop giving up. I never would have found out what i was capable of doing if it wasn't from the motivation from the failure. Stop worrying about grades only and be open. Make friends because you wanted to genuinely get to know someone not just because of being popular with the crowd or being liked from others. In addition, you will face difficult decisions which will allow you to think you can't achieve your dreams. Never sell yourself short of your anything and dream as big as possible. No matter what obstacle you face ,as long as you believe, your dreams will come true. Believe in yourself.

Danielle

My school is a great way to adjust to college life.

My school is a great way to adjust to college life.

My classmates are friendly and involved in class discussions.

I would advise myself to start studying more. I never really studied all that much in high school because I thought I didn't need to. Once I got to college, I realized I didn't know how to study and my first semester was extremely hard. I would tell myself to start developing study habits in high school that I would use in college, so that I am better prepared for the increase in workload.

Wendy

Some of my classmates are; funny, crazy, helpful, nice, talkative, mad, bad, sad, glad and quiet.

If i could go back to my senior year. I would tell myself to apply to more then one college. Apply for more scholarships. Help out more with the community. Try to do dual enrollment. And try to do everything you can. This is what i wolud tell myself if i could go back.

Jermaine

This is only my second day at school. I recently attended Columbus Technical College in which i studied Early Childhood Education. Chattahoochee Valley is a Division 1 college which has a basketball team. I transfered to this school in persuit of playing basketball this upcoming season. Since thay don't have a Early Childhood program my major will be General Studies, and I believe that if I maximize my potential playing basketball like many other players I will soon sign to a Division 1 college in which I can also finish up my studies in Childhood Education.

I dropped out of high school in the 10th grade and begin making money. I soon realized that my life was on the same path as my othet family members; I was preparing myself to work day and nigh to barely get by. My mother-in-law has been working a a motel since before my wife was born, and she still calls us day by day crying and worring about how she is going to pay her bills. My mother lives off a disabliity income of $600 per month, and both of them stay in the projects. If I could go back in time with the same knowledge I have now I would remind myself to maximize my potential every day because my furtures awaits me.

This school is much smaller than my pervious college. I don't have a working laptop, and the library is so small that it only holds maybe 15 computers which is very inconvenient for the students.

Rukia

Some of them are quiet and reserved. Others are outspoken and aren't afraid to ask the professor for help.

To begin I would say " take high school more seriously so you'll be better prepared for the next level." Pass all your classes to your highest abilities. Take extra time to study, especially for a test.. Don't wait till the last minute to complete an assignment. Partying isn't a priorty, it's an option. Make sure you always register for classes on time, try to get there in the morning, so you'll have a better chance to get the classes you need. If you have Pell, check on it repetively till you know all your information is correct and in order. Don't wait till the last minute to drop a class. If you need a tutor start going to see them as soon as possible. If you register for classes early you'll always have the best selection. Make sure you get to know some of your classmates so you can get help if you miss a class or just need some assistance. College isn't as hard as it looks or seems, if you put your mind to it. You'll succeed if you follow these guidelines and the rest will follow.

Any and everybody as long as you have your mind set to attend classes and achieve your goals.

Chattahoochee Valley Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.